101 Best Strategies for Teaching Writing
Presented by Amie Trahan
Specifically designed for Grades 6 12 English/Language Arts Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Literacy Coaches, and Administrators
- The 101 best strategies to help your students meet rigorous writing goals in grades 6-12
- Classroom-proven ways to increase students’ writing proficiency
- Differentiate your writing instruction to help all your students increase their writing skills
- Time-efficient teaching strategies that help you streamline your instruction and the amount of time you spend grading papers
- Practical strategies that can be implemented immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
You will discover many outstanding strategies and activities to help you strengthen the writing skills of your students. Outstanding secondary English teacher, Amie Trahan, will share 101 of the best writing strategies including step-by-step approaches for enhancing the writing proficiency of your grades 6-12 students.
Her ideas include strategies to reach your students of all ability levels and across all content areas. You will receive resources and strategies to help you greatly enhance the quality of your students’ writing. Amie’s seminar is full of powerful, motivating writing activities and resources designed with your grades 6-12 students in mind. Amie is known for practical, cutting-edge strategies and brings a sense of humor, enthusiasm and inspiration to her highly organized seminar.
You will leave Amie’s seminar re-energized and equipped with many valuable strategies to help your students enhance and increase their writing proficiency.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Expand Your Options to Increase Students’ Writing Skills
101 of the best writing strategies designed to increase the writing skills of all your grades 6-12 students
- Differentiated Writing Tasks for Struggling Learners
Utilize differentiated writing strategies to help target the unique writing deficiencies of your struggling learners
- Project Based Learning
Discover an innovative teaching process that engages students’ reading, writing and speaking skills while working to solve a social problem that affects their community
- Utilize Modeled Writing and Mentor Texts to Improve Your Students’ Writing Skills
Resources and strategies for using modeled writing and mentor texts for students to develop and improve their writing
- Increase Your Students’ Motivation in Writing
Engage your students in outstanding, doable writing tasks and projects guaranteed to increase interest and motivation
- Powerful Lessons that Teach the Elements of Effective Writing
Outstanding strategies for teaching the writing process and the traits of writing … Lessons you’ll be able to use immediately when you return to your classroom
- Increase Students’ Ability to Write from Sources
Specific ideas to help your students effectively use evidence from written sources to create short, focused research projects
- Reduce the Amount of Time You Spend Grading Papers
Free up your time while maintaining high expectations … Receive various formative and summative assessments and structured rubrics designed to help you pinpoint student learning AND save you time
- Creative and Cross-Curricular Writing Activities
Engage your students with creative writing activities using popular children’s books … Utilize topics that pertain to other subjects, allowing for cross-curricular engagement
- Informative, Explanatory, Narrative, and Argument Writing Units
Thoroughly developed, classroom-tested topics that keep students engaged and excited about writing … Receive tools and samples of units you can use immediately with your own students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- 101 practical strategies to increase the writing skills of your grades 6-12 students
- Innovative ways to help your students enhance the quality of their writing
- How to successfully utilize a writing workshop in your classroom
- Specific ways to help students organize and develop their writing to the appropriate task, purpose and audience
- How to increase students’ ability to write from sources
- Ways to incorporate narrative, explanatory, informative and argument writing
- Step-by-step processes for including sufficient evidence in writing arguments to support claims
- Dozens of writing examples that meet the criteria outlined in state writing standards
- Discover how peer collaboration can increase students’ confidence in writing
- Ways to break down writing instruction into doable steps
- Student friendly approaches to reduce anxiety and encourage students to take risks in their own writing
- Interactive rubrics that provide opportunities for student ownership in writing activities
- Scaffolded writing tips to ensure success at all levels, for all students
- Varied approaches to peer collaboration to motivate and focus students on key aspects of writing
- Strategies to teach students to use a critical eye in the editing and revision processes
- How to use teacher conferencing during class time to give students immediate feedback and encouragement
- Specific mentor texts that model grade-appropriate writing
- Mini-lessons to convey elements of effective adolescent writing
- Innovative methods for ensuring success for all levels of middle and high school writers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Are you looking for innovative, motivating and powerful ways to elevate the level of your grades 6-12 students’ writing? Would you like to enhance your students’ writing skills while engaging them in authentic writing activities?
Join me for a terrific day of learning as I share 101 of the most effective, practical, instructional writing strategies that you can use immediately in your own English/language arts classroom. In this seminar, we will review outstanding mentor texts, student examples, and student-driven rubrics that will enhance the foundation for writing in your classroom. I will model techniques for establishing and enhancing peer collaboration and teacher conferencing to give students the immediate feedback and motivation they need to improve their writing.
You will leave with numerous ideas for developing and using mini-lessons to help your students in their development as writers. All the strategies I will share have been successfully used in my own classroom.
My goal is to equip you with numerous strategies and activities you can take back to your classroom that will motivate and build enthusiasm for writing among even your most reluctant writers, and that will increase the writing skills of all your students.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
P.S. We will focus on the best, practical, research-based strategies you can use to dramatically strengthen your students’ writing.
Who Should Attend
Grades 6-12 English/Language Arts Teachers, Classroom Teachers, Literacy Coaches, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Strategies, tips and activities to increase students’ writing skills
- Fun, motivating strategies ideal for grades 6-12
- Examples of mentor texts and student samples
- And much, much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their writing programs.
Amie Trahan will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.