Practical and Proven Strategies for Improving Your ALGEBRA Instruction (Grade 6-12)
Presented by Brad Fulton
Specifically Designed for Middle School and High School General Mathematics, Pre-Algebra and Algebra Teachers, Math Interventionists, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Follow a proven pathway that will lead your algebra students to success
- Learn time-tested, classroom-proven strategies that will help students get it
- Silence the, "When are we ever gonna use this?" critics
- Build a solid conceptual foundation for algebraic thinking for increased understanding, memory and retention
- Learn strategies that will prepare your pre-algebra students for success in algebra
- Gain tips and techniques that will help those high school students struggling to pass algebra
- Create a math class that students look forward to
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are your students struggling in algebra? If so, help is on the way! Outstanding teacher and past Teacher of the Year in his state Brad Fulton has spent over three decades developing strategies to help his students overcome their mathematical obstacles and is excited to share with you solutions to maximize your Algebra instruction! In this NEW seminar, Brad will share practical and proven, highly effective, and easy-to-use strategies for improving your algebra instruction!
Join Brad for a day of learning that will:
- Lessen your workload
- Maximize student learning
- Cover more standards more effectively
- Engage students in the process
In this activity-rich seminar, Brad will share his techniques that have been tested and proven in years of use in math classrooms across the nation. He'll show you how he turned his students into the best-prepared math students in their high school.
Whether your students are struggling with the rigor of tough algebra problems such as solving multi-step equations, or whether they just don't get the foundational concepts of algebra, Brad will show you activities and strategies that will extend their skills and deepen their understanding.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Students Move Easily from One-Step to Multi-Step Equations
You'll learn an incremental approach to take students from simple one-step linear equations to multi-step equations easily … Learn which strategies work best for teaching systems of equations to maximize success
- Deepen Algebraic Understanding
See how to connect the real-world experiences of your students to the world of algebra for deeper understanding … Engage your students with the "magic" of algebra with intriguing lessons
- Empower Your Students with the "Incremental & Intentional" Approach
Discover how a growth mindset and an incremental, intentional approach increases motivation and strengthens learning
- Powerful Alternative Strategies That Improve Success
Learn how to pack more into each lesson without overloading the students … Show your students alternative strategies that improve success
- Learn More Efficient Strategies for Teaching and Solving Challenging Algebraic Problems
Equip your students to solve challenging problems such as combined work problems and percent mixture problems
- Discover How to Use Simple and Common Experiences to Anchor Algebraic Understanding
You'll see how a simple tool such as a fast-food menu can be used to teach seven algebra concepts … Engage your students with relatable text that leads to algebraic equations
- Motivate and Teach Students How to Take Control of Their Math Learning
Learn how to engage and excite your students in algebra and prealgebra … Learn how to introduce algebraic concepts so students "get it"
- Effective Strategies to Empower Students in Writing and Solving Equations
Help students understand how to handle word problems by translating between written language and the language of algebra … Classroom-proven strategies you won't want to miss!
- Help Students Explore the Richness of the Algebraic Landscape
Discover a wealth of strategies you can use to make a dramatic difference for your students who struggle with algebra … Your students will see success and begin to develop confidence in their abilities
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar … Included are dozens of practical ideas and strategies you'll be able to use immediately to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of your practice
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Learn how a simple fast-food menu can help students develop a rich and supportive foundation for algebraic thinking.
- See how the "magic" of algebra can be used to capture and engage reluctant and struggling students.
- Learn the best approaches to common algebraic topics such as combining like terms, solving equations, and factoring.
- Explore a proven approach to teaching the solving of linear equations that maximizes success for your students.
- Help students transition from arithmetic to algebra in a seamless and conceptual pathway.
- We'll see how we can incorporate critical skills practice to not only hone skills but to create a logical springboard into algebra.
- Discover powerful graphic organizers that can tame the most rigorous math problems: percent mixture problems, combined work problems.
- You'll learn a simple approach to teaching factoring of challenging polynomials.
- Use simple tools – even the hundreds chart from kindergarten – to help students develop sophisticated algebraic skills!
- You'll gain strategies that will increase your state test scores.
- Learn how to teach more in less time through standards integration.
- See the best approaches to teaching systems of equations.
- You'll get over 100 pages of classroom-ready activities to help your students!
- You'll also get dozens more pages of free downloads!
- Every activity has been classroom-tested and student-approved. You'll be maximizing your teaching while minimizing your efforts!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a fellow educator, I have spent well over 30 years searching for the best strategies for helping Grades 6-12 students better understand Algebra. I'm glad to say that I have discovered ways for all students to find more success in math!
This new seminar focuses on practical strategies that actually work. I can't wait to share my classroom proven strategies and activities that not only help students succeed in algebra but help them to truly understand it and to appreciate its beauty. I promise that every technique that I share has not only worked in my classroom, but they have been implemented by other teachers across the nation. By our morning break you will want to race back to your classroom and share these techniques with your own students.
I hope you'll take time out of your busy schedule to join me in this seminar. I'm confident that you will find the investment of your time will yield big results for your students and take some of the burden off your busy shoulders. I can't wait to get started in helping you engage your Grades 6-12 Algebra students!
P.S. I guarantee that after our time together, you'll leave refreshed and excited to immediately implement ideas for boosting student success.
Who Should Attend
Middle School and High School General Mathematics, Pre-Algebra and Algebra Teachers, Math Interventionists, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use, classroom-proven math strategies for helping students more easily understand algebra
- Ideas for extensions and LOTS of links to FREE online resources
- Great activities for students who are missing critical content
- Strategies to cover more standards more effectively
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their algebra teaching.
Brad Fulton will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own classroom.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.