Increase the READING Skills of Your Students Who Struggle the Most (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Rebecca Gault
Specifically Designed for Grades 6-12 Educators: Teachers of English/Language Arts, Reading, ELL, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Receive practical, ready-to-use strategies to increase the reading skills of your most struggling readers in grades 6-12
- Discover the most important interventions for struggling readers and how to incorporate them into your instruction
- What works with struggling readers and easy-to-make instructional shifts to help close the achievement gap
- Receive a comprehensive struggling readers resource handbook Rebecca wrote specifically for this seminar, which is filled with a wealth of strategies that can be implemented immediately in any instructional setting
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for tools to help you better meet the needs of your most struggling readers? Would you like highly effective strategies to make text more accessible to your struggling readers and to give them the skills they need to comprehend, explain and analyze what they have read? This seminar offers practical answers to these questions and much, much more.
During this fast-paced, engaging day, experienced secondary teacher, Rebecca Gault, will show you how to build the infrastructure of skills and habits necessary to help students in grades 6-12 approach text with greater confidence and give you the strategies to make text more accessible for them. The techniques Rebecca will share are those she has found to be most successful in motivating struggling students to engage with text and become proficient readers. The focus will be on lessons, resources and materials you can implement right away to help your struggling readers.
You will leave with specific "how-to" steps and many exciting and creative ideas that will help you work smarter, not harder, to increase the reading skills of your students who struggle the most.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical, Research-Based Strategies to Increase the Reading Skills of Your Students Who Struggle the Most
Discover the most effective strategies and interventions that you can use in your classroom for struggling readers in grades 6-12 … Struggling students need a different instructional focus … Easy-to-make instructional shifts and strategies
- What Struggling Students Have Missed and How You Can Fill the Gaps in Their Reading Skills
Struggling students in grades 6-12 often have gaps in their reading skills that can be addressed … Learn what those gaps typically are and what you can do to help students fill them
- Four Key Instructional Strategies Struggling Students Need
Discover how you can use the four instructional practices that struggling students need in grades 6-12 … Research-based strategies to accelerate your students' skills
- Help Students Who Can't, Won't or Don't Read
Practical and effective interventions to more effectively respond to students who struggle with literacy and lack the motivation to try … Re-energize and increase the success of your most difficult-to-reach students
- Writing Supports All Struggling Readers Need to Succeed
Learn the most effective ways to guide struggling students to use text support in writing summaries and drawing conclusions about what they are reading – both in fiction and non-fiction text
- Make Learning Stick for Struggling Readers
Most struggling students don't know how to learn or process the strategies that come more naturally to successful students … Learn what you can teach struggling students in grades 6-12 to make learning stick
- Highly Effective Strategies to Increase Students' Vocabulary
Incorporate highly effective strategies to help students learn and remember content vocabulary … Explore the important relationship between vocabulary, reading and writing
- Guide Struggling Students Before, During and After Reading
Acquire strategies for helping students monitor what they read to improve comprehension … Gain effective post-reading strategies students can use in all content areas
- Plan for Success with Literacy Lessons and Templates
Incorporate strategies into your daily instruction with easy-to-use lesson plans and templates … Create an action plan to ensure successful implementation of the strategies
- Receive an Extensive Struggling Readers Resource Handbook
Receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with practical strategies that can be implemented immediately in any grades 6-12 instructional setting
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical, outstanding strategies to support your students in grades 6-12 who struggle the most with reading
- Proven, ready-to-use ideas to give your most at-risk learners the reading skills they need
- How to help your struggling students fill in the necessary gaps so they can become strong readers
- Classroom environment tips, tricks and tools to build and maintain an optimal learning environment
- Innovative methods for helping struggling students engage with fiction and non-fiction
- Four key instructional strategies to accelerate the skills of your struggling readers
- Highly effective techniques to help struggling students learn and remember important vocabulary
- A variety of strategies to help struggling students identify the most significant text
- How to boost students' comprehension by targeting key areas of writing
- Techniques that allow students to link their new learning to prior learning, when tackling a variety of texts
- Ways to encourage struggling students to actively monitor their reading
- Post-reading strategies you can use immediately with struggling students to assess their comprehension
- A variety of ready-to-use lesson materials to help your most struggling students become better readers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Being a teacher is a rewarding adventure, especially when you have the creative tools needed to motivate and empower your struggling students. I have packed this seminar with dozens of innovative and practical strategies designed to help you meet the needs of your most struggling readers.
Do you have students who lack the necessary skills and strategies for comprehending and responding to what they read in a meaningful way? This seminar will provide you with many ways to intervene and help these students. In addition, you will discover a wealth of ideas for motivating your struggling students to learn and grow as readers.
My goal is to provide you with practical and effective strategies that dramatically build struggling students' reading skills. We will explore ways to help your students be more independent, self-reflective and engaged readers. While these approaches are grounded in research, the emphasis will be on practical techniques and strategies.
I'm excited to share the best of what I have found really works with struggling readers in grades 6-12 and will model for you the infrastructure needed to help your students acquire the skills they need. I want to help you build your toolkit of highly effective, engaging strategies you can use the very next day in your program.
I look forward to helping you discover many practical ways to increase the reading skills of your students who struggle the most! Trust me, you will leave with so many great ideas!
P.S. You will also receive the extensive resource handbook I wrote specifically for this seminar that has all of the ideas, strategies and resources you need to increase the reading skills of your struggling students.
Who Should Attend
All Educators Working with Students in Grades 6-12: Teachers of English/Language Arts, Reading, ELL, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Struggling Readers Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use strategies you can use to support your most struggling readers
- Resources to help ALL your students
- Ways to help motivate your students as readers
- Reproducibles, activities, strategies, games, and much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in gathering practical ideas and strategies for increasing the skills of their grades 6-12 struggling readers.
Rebecca Gault will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the specific needs of your own reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.