DYSLEXIA Early Intervention: Practical Strategies for Intercepting and Correcting Reading Difficulties (Grades K-6)
Presented by Karen Tyler
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Students in Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Research-based strategies for identifying and teaching students with dyslexia
- Evidence-based interventions for intercepting the path of failure for students who have or may have dyslexia
- Best instructional strategies known to correct reading difficulties for struggling students
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook including additional tools, tutorials, and materials you can use for creating the best dyslexia early interventions
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW strategy-packed seminar, Karen Tyler, a teacher, literacy specialist, and national consultant with extensive experience in dyslexia education and interventions, will share scientifically based instructional strategies to meet the needs of your K-6 striving readers who have or may have dyslexia. Recognizing that two out of ten students are affected by dyslexia, you will learn how to better support the students in your classroom with assessment tools and early intervention strategies to better meet their needs in your classroom.
Highly practical and helpful instructional methods will be presented and practiced. You will leave this highly worthwhile one-day seminar with an increased skill set for reading instruction and assessment in helping your students with reading difficulties due to dyslexia. No matter your experience level with dyslexia, you will leave this seminar confident in the knowledge you have gained and with ready-to-use instructional interventions your students will benefit from immediately.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Intercept and Correct Reading Difficulties for Your Students Showing Signs of Dyslexia
From brain research to individual testimonials, learn how to recognize the signs and symptoms of dyslexia and gain practical ideas you can use to help students with dyslexia in your classroom
- Early Interventions That Interrupt the Path to Bigger Problems
Stop early reading problems before they grow into bigger issues of motivation and misbehavior… Learn what matters most for preventing and correcting reading difficulties for students who have or may have dyslexia and get your struggling readers on the path to success
- Highly Practical Tutorials and Tools for Dyslexia Early Intervention
Receive access to Karen's online resource folder containing helpful tutorials and tools you can use into the future … Perfect for use with all your grades K-6 students
- Assess and Screen Your Students for the Most Common Traits of Dyslexia
Set yourself up for the most effective reading intervention possible … Leave this seminar with dozens of options for screening and assessment that will help you pinpoint and correct specific student needs
- Address Your Students' Lack of Foundational Reading Skills
Practical foundational skills ideas that work whether you are introducing them to younger learners or providing in-the-moment corrections for an older students' specific reading difficulty
- Early Interventions That Help Your Students Become More Successful Readers
For your students who live with dyslexia, lack of confidence can be debilitating…. Enhance your early interventions with techniques, materials and activities that will help your struggling readers both perceive and experience greater success in reading
- Strengthen Your Students' Word Recognition Skills
Design word recognition interventions to help your students' with dyslexia improve their reading fluency and overall comprehension
- Multisensory Interventions That Work for Students with Dyslexia
Learn how to accelerate your students decoding, spelling, writing, speaking, and listening skills with multi-sensory instruction strategies that you can easily incorporate into your existing program
- Strengthen Brain Pathways to Help Students with Dyslexia Succeed
Understand how reading develops in both the typical readers' brain and the dyslexic readers' brain, and learn simple techniques to improve key brain pathways for improved reading
- Receive an Extensive Dyslexia Early Intervention Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook that includes detailed descriptions and practical classroom tools and applications of the dyslexia strategies presented at this one-day seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to strengthen your professional practice in support of students with dyslexia
- The best strategies to support early interventions for students with dyslexia
- Use quick formative and summative assessments that allow you to learn the strengths and challenges of your struggling readers
- Quick and effective ways to improve communication between school and home
- Practical multi-sensory interventions and progress measures
- Free and low-cost technology you can use for early intervention for dyslexia
- Scientifically-based, research-validated multi-sensory literacy interventions for immediate implementation
- Valuable ways to your early intervention can also maximize student motivation, behavior and reading growth
- What dyslexia is and what it isn't
- Research-based teaching techniques and tools for reinforcing and strengthening your students' reading and spelling proficiency in grades K-6
- How to assess your students' skills more easily in the most important areas related to decoding and spelling
- Practical ways to implement scientifically-researched strategies for more successful dyslexia intervention
- Key strategies for working with students with who struggle with reading due to dyslexia
- Innovative and creative techniques to make better decisions for your early dyslexia interventions
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Every classroom sees its share of triumphs and tribulations. Likewise, each student manages their own share of strengths and challenges. With ever increasing numbers of children struggling with reading, and the knowledge that two out of ten students are impacted by dyslexia, we are compelled to seek answers and do the right thing for our students. I commend you for your interest in learning and growing on behalf of your students who look directly to you for help every day.
Like you, I am dedicated to making a meaningful difference in the literacy lives of students, particularly those with dyslexia. Over the years, I have learned and refined dozens of innovative, research-based strategies and techniques for improving reading growth for students who have been diagnosed or show the characteristics of dyslexia. During our day together, we will cover practical instructional techniques, assessment tools, templates, tutorials, and communication methods you can implement in your K-6 classroom or resource room immediately. You will gain a new depth of knowledge of the characteristics of children with dyslexia as well as scientifically based, research-validated early intervention strategies to promote reading improvement. I've compiled numerous assessment tools designed to support the instructional decisions needed for your students with dyslexia and some helpful ideas that support the communication needed between teachers, parents, and other stakeholders.
Please join me for an engaging, innovative learning experiences that will promote improvement among your readers and writers that demonstrate signs and symptoms of dyslexia. This fast-paced day will be packed with the best research-based and classroom-tested strategies to provide you with the tools you need to support the struggling readers in your classroom. Moreover, you will enter your classroom the next day ready to meet your striving readers where they are and progress them to where they need to be by year's end. You will also appreciate the extensive resource handbook packed with dozens of practical, easy-to-implement strategies as well as access to my online resources designed specifically for K-6 students with dyslexia.
Dr. Karen Tyler
P.S. You will leave this seminar with practical strategies and tools for dyslexia early intervention and learn how to better support the struggling students in your classroom.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving students in Grades K-6: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Tips for dyslexia early intervention, screening, and assessment
- Practical approaches and instructional strategies for helping your students with dyslexia
- Free and low-cost digital resources to support your dyslexia interventions
- Practical tools, applications, and tutorials for more powerful dyslexia interventions
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested dyslexia early intervention strategies for grades K-6.
Karen Tyler will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.