Increase Motivation and Learning in Your WORLD LANGUAGE Classroom: Strategies, Strategies, Strategies (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Tracy Rucker
Specifically Designed for World Language Educators Serving Grades 6-12
- New and innovative ideas for getting your world language instructional program ready for the new school year … Proven ways to help your students who have fallen behind in their target language skills catch up
- Practical strategies to reestablish community in in-person instruction with technology and high impact language proficiency strategies
- Proven techniques to help close the language learning gap due to the disruptions of COVID-19
- Classroom-proven ways to increase proficiency through reading, harnessing student voice and choice, compelling storytelling techniques, and comprehensible input strategies
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this outstanding seminar, award-winning world language teacher, Tracy Rucker, will present dozens of practical ideas to help you get prepared for the new school year. Tracy will share new and innovative ideas to invigorate your world language instruction and make communication in the target language more engaging and successful for all your students. His classroom-proven techniques include lively paired and mixer activities, learning games, Google Tools and other engaging technology applications, as well as practical techniques using manipulatives that will help in closing the gap in language learning due to remote learning and school schedule disruptions of the past school year.
Throughout the day you will receive a wealth of right back to the classroom strategies and lessons that will help students develop vocabulary and expand their ability to speak in the interpersonal and presentational modes in an encouraging, inviting environment. If you want to increase your students' proficiency by more fully motivating and engaging them in learning a world language, this seminar is for you!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- New and Innovative Ideas to Help Get Your World Language Program Back on Track
Acquire dozens of engaging, highly effective techniques, activities and lessons to increase your students' motivation and learning as you resume to fully in-person instruction in your world language classroom
- Making Up for Students' Lost Time in Target Language
Discover a variety of strategies to increase the time both you and your students spend authentically using the target language in ways that make up for lost time due to remote learning disruptions of the past school year
- Accelerate Your Students' Communicative Proficiency
Implement formative tasks to improve students' reading skills to acquire vocabulary while building intercultural knowledge
- Make Best Use of Free Google Tools and Other Cutting-Edge Technology to Help Close the Gap in Language Learning Due to COVID-19 Disruptions
Discover engaging activities for using Google Tools and other cutting-edge technology to optimize interpretive communication skills and accountability for you and your students
- Learn from an Outstanding World Language Teacher
Tracy brings more than 20 years of world language teacher experience teaching in-person and remotely … Tracy shares practical techniques he has used with his own students to help bridge the learning gap due to COVID -19 and remote learning
- Weave Cultural Practices, Products and Perspectives into Engaging Language Lessons
Learn how to interweave interpretive, interpersonal and presentational tasks that allow students to interact with cultural products, practices and perspectives of target language regions
- Develop Emerging Oral Communication Skills
Discover dozens of practical strategies to help students better develop communicative oral skills through questioning and frequent formative feedback
- Increase Student Motivation in Online and In-Person World Language Learning Environments
Leave with proven ways to increase student interest and accountability … Expand your repertoire of meaningful student-centered strategies that will increase your students' interest and motivation for language learning at all levels
- Enhance Interpersonal and Presentational Skills
Experience a wealth of compelling and traditional practical strategies to maximize use of the target language in meaningful and personalized ways
- Receive an Extensive World Language Digital Resource Handbook
Receive an extensive world language instruction digital resource handbook containing dozens of proven, practical strategies and activities for incorporating cultures as content in innovative, progressive and proficiency-based language learning environments
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of new and innovative lessons and activities to help you get ready for the new school year that will increase motivation and learning in your world language classroom
- Connecting formative tech tools to communication modes to impact learning outcomes and portfolio building
- Specific strategies to help close the language learning gap due to COVID-19 … Dynamic ways to increase your students' communicative proficiency in the target language
- Practical techniques to incorporate authentic materials to increase global awareness
- Purposeful questioning strategies to increase interpretive listening skills
- Effective techniques on building community to increase student engagement
- Dozens of engaging, level-appropriate strategies for strengthening interpersonal communication skills
- Valuable ideas to strengthen student performance through formative tasks
- Engaging speaking activities that promote a real exchanges of information and a true purpose for communication
- Proven strategies to help students better develop communication skills
- Tools to reboot instruction to flip learning to harness the power of core practices in the proficiency-based classroom
- Highly practical techniques to achieve 90%+ target language use from day one
- Purposeful reading activities
- Compelling ideas for incorporating global awareness in every lesson
- Timesaving scaffolding techniques
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a world language teacher myself, I know first hand the language learning loss many of our students experienced this past school year due to remote learning and school schedule disruptions. In this seminar, I will demonstrate proven and highly effective techniques I have found helpful to narrow the COVID learning gap and help students develop greater oral proficiency. Most students experienced a loss of time speaking in the target language which is so critical in helping them develop proficiency in the target language. I look forward to sharing with you the very best strategies I have used to help students talking to each other in meaningful, authentic ways using the target language both in the classroom and outside. I will be sharing some specific ways I have found to help students make up some of the lost time speaking in the target language.
I'll also share a variety of proven techniques about how to use audio-visual material as content. We'll also explore language learning through the lenses of websites, blogs and virtual reality. I'll also share how to build and scaffold activities in meaningful ways that allow students to circumlocute and create using the target language. I'll share new and innovative ways to show how authentic materials can be used to address 21st Century skills while allowing students to reach communicative goals. Come learn about effective, proven techniques that contribute to language acquisition and assist you in getting ready for upcoming school year!
P.S. The focus of this seminar is not on theory but engaging and innovative lessons and activities that will enhance and invigorate your world language instruction.
Who Should Attend
World Language Educators serving students in Grades 6?12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive World Language Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive world language digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Detailed descriptions of the practical activities presented at the seminar you can implement in your world language program in the upcoming school year
- Classroom-tested, effective techniques to help close the language learning gap due to COVID-19 disruptions
- Reproducible activities and techniques to help students make up lost time speaking in the target language
- Links to impactful blogs and websites
- Powerful, research-based lesson planning techniques
- A variety of carefully designed activities to explicitly teach students to effectively use circumlocution and transitions to communicate
- Rubrics that demonstrate specific tools to develop interpretive, interpersonal and presentational modes of communication
Tracy Rucker will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own world language program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.