What’s NEW in FIFTH GRADE
The Latest Educational Trends, Resources and Strategies to Enhance Your FIFTH GRADE Classroom Program
Presented by Lynn Stenroos
Specifically Designed for Fifth Grade Teachers
The latest technology trends, websites, education blogs and resources and how to utilize them to enhance student achievement in your fifth grade classroom
- Practical, innovative ways to implement the NEW Common Core State Standards (CCSS) for fifth grade students
- The BEST NEW Children’s books ideal for fifth graders and how to use them to teach foundational skills, informational text and close reading
- The most current math strategies from Singapore and guided math strategies specifically designed for fifth grade
- Innovative ways to use current technology to teach social studies and science in fifth grade including tips on how to best use your interactive whiteboard with fifth graders
- And much, much more!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Today’s fifth grade teachers have at their fingertips a wide-range of exciting, cutting-edge instructional strategies, educational concepts, standards and technological tools. The changes in the educational landscape are coming at a fast and furious pace and you may feel it is nearly impossible to keep up.
In this NEW seminar, Lynn Stenroos, a current fifth grade teacher, will discuss the latest educational trends, strategies and resources ideal for enhancing fifth grade classroom programs. Lynn will go beyond just introducing what’s new and cool. She will provide highly practical ways to effectively and efficiently apply the latest ideas, instructional techniques and strategies to your own fifth grade classroom.
Discover how to actively engage your fifth graders with the latest technology tools. Unlock your students’ interest and engage them with powerful instructional strategies in math from Singapore. Learn how to develop powerful, on-going routines in writing and reading that can strengthen fifth graders’ academic achievement. Acquire exciting ideas to best teach science and social studies utilizing technology and web resources. Explore how to best integrate the Common Core State Standards (CCSS) into your fifth grade teaching.
This seminar is loaded with new, fresh ideas and designed specifically for fifth grade teachers. Whether you are a new fifth grade teacher just beginning your career or one that has taught fifth grade for a number of years, you will leave with dozens of ideas you will be able to use immediately in your own fifth grade classroom!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Discover the Best Educational Websites and How to Use Them in Your Fifth Grade Classroom
It is tough to keep up with all the newest educational websites … Learn Lynn’s TOP 25 websites and how to use them for instructional purposes
- Learn the Best Educational Apps to Use in Fifth Grade
There are literally thousands of apps designed for educational use … Learn which ones are the best to use in fifth grade and where to find them
- Preview the Latest Updates on the CCSS for Fifth Grade
Learn the latest CCSS updates for fifth grade and how to “unpack” them so you can incorporate them efficiently and effectively into your classroom instruction
- Discover the BEST NEW Children’s Books for Fifth Grade
Lynn will share her top picks from the latest list of recently released children’s books and show you how to best use them to meet the fifth grade CCSS in literature and nonfiction
- Learn the Latest Trends in Classroom Literacy Instruction
Benefit from learning the best way to set up powerful reading, writing, listening and speaking routines for fifth grade … Discover the latest in “close reading” and how to increase fifth graders’ reading proficiency
- Incorporate the Latest Resources to Enhance Your Fifth Grade Instruction
Become familiar with free tools that will allow you and your students to share ideas and collaborate on projects with other classrooms from around the world … Tools will include online chat rooms, interactive bulletin boards and collaborative documents all ideal for fifth grade
- What’s New in Fifth Grade Science and Social Studies
Discover the newest trends in science and social studies instruction that will get your students hooked on learning critical fifth grade concepts … Learn how to use web resources and your interactive whiteboard to increase your students’ motivation and excitement during science and social studies time
- Current Best Practices In Fifth Grade Math Instruction
Learn the latest math strategies from Singapore, guided math strategies and how to utilize the most current ideas to ensure your fifth graders master the new CCSS in math
- The Latest in Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Fifth Grade
Practical, student-friendly steps you can take toward a differentiated classroom … Powerful intervention strategies that can help your fifth graders stay on track and find success
- Take Home an Extensive Fifth Grade Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive handbook filled with fifth grade model lessons, templates, activities, technology resources, activities and ideas all classroom-tested and designed for fifth grade students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
The best educational websites and how to use them in your own fifth grade classroom
- The top educational apps best suited for fifth grade
- The latest trends in math instruction including guided math and strategies from Singapore
- How to utilize your interactive whiteboard to increase student engagement, involvement and motivation
- The best new children’s books and how to use them to increase reading and writing skills with your fifth grade students
- How to establish powerful reading and writing routines that can increase your fifth grade students’ reading and writing proficiency
- The hottest trend in reading instruction, “close reading” – what it is and how to use it
- When and how to use “mentor texts” to increase the writing skills of your students
- Specific ways to extend your classroom beyond the four walls … How to collaborate with other students and classrooms from around the world
- Timesaving teacher tips to help you work smarter not harder
- Powerful intervention strategies that will help you catch those students who are struggling before they fall too far behind
- The latest education ideas for differentiating your instruction to meet the learning needs and styles of all your students
- How to make sense of the new Common Core State Standards and incorporate them into your fifth grade instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We are at a very exciting time in education. Forty six states have adopted the Common Core State Standards. Technology such as iPads®, wikis, and interactive whiteboards are making our classrooms more interactive. As fifth grade teachers we serve as important role models and still have the ability to ignite the fire for learning. These are special students in the TWEEN years.
Between early childhood and adolescence, students are eager to learn and grow at an amazing rate. I’ve designed an idea-packed day full of cutting-edge strategies surrounding the use of the latest ideas and resources for fifth grade teachers. Using my classroom-tested techniques you will find ideas you can immediately use in your own fifth grade classroom.
During our fast-paced day together we will focus on the newest trends that will make your fifth grade classroom hum with productive energy. We will spend the day together investigating the BEST of the BEST technology tools like Blogging, Glogging, and Vokis – that will bring your classroom up-to-date and ready to address the needs of our 21st century learners. My goal is for you to walk away with dozens of ready-to-use lessons and resources that allow you to work smarter not harder in enhancing your fifth grade classroom program.
As a current fifth grade teacher, I know the challenges you face. We strive to meet the demands of the new Common Core State Standards, prepare our fifth graders for high stakes testing, prepare students for a world of technological advances all while continually looking for ways to enhance best practice for our fifth graders. With your students in mind, I have designed this seminar with the realities of the classroom at the forefront. I have dozens of ideas that will turn your fifth graders into voracious readers, writers, mathematicians, historians and scientists. You will walk away with the ability to create an environment that engages students in current best practice.
Through the use of classroom examples, current fifth grade student work, and an extensive fifth grade resource handbook, we will explore the following topics:
- Practical and easy ways to integrate the best technology resources into your fifth grade classroom
- Workable strategies that help you implement the latest trends in math, science and social studies with fifth graders
- Classroom-tested methods that enhance fifth graders’ reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Teacher friendly ways to differentiate instruction for fifth graders using practical strategies and learning routines
P.S. Remember to bring a smile and a digital camera to take pictures of samples you can implement in your own fifth grade classroom.
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Who Should Attend
Educators Working with Students in Grade 5: Classroom Teachers, Consultants and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
Strategies you can implement right away
- Accessible resources for your schoolwide implementation
- Tips to strengthen your fifth grade classes
- Steps for developing a concrete action plan to take back to your school
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other fifth grade educators to enhance their programs.
Lynn Stenroos will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own fifth grade classroom.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.