Current, Best Strategies for SECOND GRADE:
Innovative Tools and Timesaving Ideas to Enhance Your SECOND GRADE Classroom Program
Presented by Kristie Krier
Specifically Designed for SECOND GRADE Teachers
- Practical, innovative ways to help your second graders meet or exceed reading, writing and mathematics state standards for second grade students
- The best, NEW children’s books ideal for second graders and how to use them to teach foundational reading and writing skills for both literature and informational text
- The most current second grade math strategies that will significantly improve your students’ achievement
- Outstanding websites, apps and technology resources and how to utilize them to enhance student achievement in your second grade classroom
- Receive an extensive resource handbook and access to Kristie’s e-handbook packed full of timesaving ideas, tips, tools, and proven strategies to develop your students’ literacy and math skills while increasing the fun of teaching and learning in second grade
- And much, much more!
Today’s second grade teachers have at their fingertips a wide range of exciting, cutting-edge instructional strategies, innovative educational resources, and technology tools. What second grade teachers don’t have is enough time to sort through all the outstanding, new resources that are now available. In this NEW seminar, Kristie Krier, an experienced second grade teacher, will save you time by sharing the very best, new websites, mobile device apps, children’s books, digital tools, and teaching strategies ideal for your second grade classroom.
Discover how to actively engage your second graders with the latest technology tools. Unlock your students’ interests and engage them with powerful instructional strategies in math. Learn how to develop purposeful, ongoing routines in writing and reading that will significantly strengthen second graders’ academic achievement. Explore how to integrate your state standards into your instruction so that students meet or exceed these expectations.
This seminar is filled with new, fresh ideas and designed specifically for second grade teachers. Whether you are new to second grade or have taught second grade for a number of years, you will leave this seminar with new insights and dozens of innovative resources and teaching strategies you’ll want to use immediately in your own second grade classroom!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Tap Into the Best Websites and Apps for Teaching Second Grade
There are literally thousands of websites and apps designed for educational use … Learn which ones are the best to use in second grade and where to find these outstanding resources
- Discover Current, Best Strategies to Enhance Your Second Grade Literacy Instruction
Benefit from learning the best ways to enhance powerful reading, writing, listening, and speaking routines for second grade … Discover innovative techniques for using mentor texts and close reading to increase second graders’ reading proficiency and comprehension
- Create Competent, Enthusiastic Writers in Second Grade
Expand your repertoire of innovative writing activities … Discover new, classroom-proven writing ideas that excite students and motivate them to write, write, write
- See New Ways to Teach State Standards in Math
Discover fresh ways to incorporate highly effective manipulatives and great games in your math program … Tips and tools to enhance math instruction with guided math groups and highly effective math centers
- Discover the Best, New Children’s Books for Second Graders
Learn about the newest children’s books, ideal for second grade … Discover innovative ways to use them to meet your second grade standards in literacy
- Tips, Tools and Powerful Ideas for Learning Centers in Second Grade
See highly effective strategies for setting up manageable learning centers for second grade … Creative, engaging activities you can easily use to reinforce and assess student progress in meeting your reading and math standards
- Learn Innovative Ways to Differentiate Your Instruction in Second Grade
Learn practical steps you can take to more easily differentiate your instruction … Powerful intervention strategies that can help your second graders stay on track and experience success
- Discover Highly Effective Ways to Assess Student Progress
See practical ideas for assessing your students’ progress that are efficient, accurate and can be implemented immediately … How to keep yourself tuned-in to all of your students, all of the time
- Learn the Best Timesaving Strategies for Second Grade Teachers
Gain specific tips on how to organize your classroom and students so you can meet the daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly demands of today’s second grade classroom … Timesavers and shortcuts to help second grade teachers be even more productive and more successful
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas!
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook and access to Kristie’s e-handbook filled with new second grade model lessons, templates, technology resources, activities, and ideas – all classroom tested and designed specifically for second grade students!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best educational websites and how to use them in your own second grade classroom
- The top educational apps best suited for second grade
- The latest trends in math instruction for second grade including guided math and center ideas
- Practical ways to increase writing fluency in second grade
- The best, new children’s books and how to use them to increase the reading and writing skills of your second grade students
- How to establish powerful reading and writing routines that can boost your second grade students’ reading and writing proficiency
- The hottest trend in reading instruction, “close reading” – what it is and how to use it
- When and how to use “mentor texts” to increase the writing skills of your second graders
- How to create low-cost, hands-on activities to engage and motivate your second grade students
- Timesaving teacher tips to help you work smarter, not harder
- Powerful intervention strategies that will help you catch those students who are struggling before they fall too far behind
- The latest education ideas for differentiating your instruction to meet the learning needs and styles of all your students
- How to successfully incorporate your state standards in reading and writing into your second grade instruction
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
We are at a very exciting time in education. With the renewed emphasis on state standards and the use of technology such as mobile devices, wikis, digital books, and more, our students’ needs and ways of accessing information make our jobs more and more challenging each year. Yet there are many ways you can take advantage of the best of what’s new to increase student success and enable yourself to work smarter, not harder, in your second grade classroom. It will be my pleasure to introduce you to dozens of tips, tools and innovative strategies that I know work well for second grade teachers.
With our students in mind, I have designed this seminar with the realities of the classroom at the forefront. I promise that you will be given exciting ideas to fully engage your second grade students in ways they love to learn, using current, best instructional practices.
Join me for an idea-packed day full of new, cutting-edge strategies for using the LATEST ideas and resources for second grade teachers. We will be looking at techniques that will “deepen understanding” for your second graders in language arts and mathematics. I will share the latest in mobile device instructional resources, educational apps and ideas designed specifically for second grade. You will also receive a list of the outstanding websites that are most appropriate for second grade students, along with dozens of proven strategies for using them in your classroom.
I look forward to meeting you and sharing a fast-paced day with a wealth of new, practical ideas that you can take back to your second grade classroom immediately.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with students in second grade: Classroom Teachers, Instructional Assistants and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive resource handbook and access to Kristie’s e-handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbooks are:
- New, classroom-tested methods that increase second graders’ reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills
- Current, innovative strategies for teaching mathematics in ways students love to learn
- The latest websites, apps and technology resources to enhance student achievement
- Practical strategies to meet and exceed your state standards in reading and math in second grade
Meet and Share
This seminar provides an excellent opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other second grade educators to enhance their programs.
Kristie Krier will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own second grade classroom.
Make Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day rather than individual devices. You are welcome to bring your own fully charged wireless mobile device but it is not a requirement to attend. Your resource handbook and access to a specially created website will provide you with project ideas and direct links to online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.