Mini-lessons are an ideal way to help intermediate-grade students apply the six traits to their own writing. Participants will see teachers and students engaged in a variety of quick, high-impact lessons focused on each of the traits.
Viewers learn how to:
- direct students’ attention to ideas, organization, word choice, sentence fluency, voice, and conventions within various stages of the writing process
- make best use of modeling, shared writing and guided writing to stretch students’ growth as authors
- move students from “knowing about the traits” to actively applying the traits within their own writing
- engage students with instructional strategies and participation techniques that maximize involvement and higher‑level thinking
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resurce Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.