Viewers will observe a wealth of strategies ideally suited to guided reading lessons for near-fluent and fluent-level readers. Within the structure of guided reading, skilled teachers demonstrate how to strengthen young students’ reading comprehension – and thinking skills – across a wide variety of text.
Viewers learn how to:
- use strategic questioning and engaging activities to move students into higher levels of thinking
- combine small group instruction and individual coaching within guided reading lessons to maximize literacy growth
- make the most of brief, focused interactions to address immediate learning needs
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.