Filmed in intermediate grade classrooms, this PD Resource Kit features experienced teachers working with guided reading groups to increase students' literacy growth and deepen their understanding of text. Participants will see how guided reading uniquely combines the critical attributes of small group instruction and one-on-one coaching to move students forward as readers.
Viewers learn how to:
- design guided reading lessons to meet the needs of all students, from the most struggling to the most capable
- craft lessons that maximize reading time and maintain a clear focus on essential strategies and skills
- make the most of quick, intensive coaching opportunities within the context of guided reading
- strengthen students’ ability to think more insightfully about what they read
- provide the support and structure intermediate grade students need in order to achieve their highest reading potential
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.