Early intervention focused on foundational reading skills is vital to the development of struggling readers in grades K-2. This PD Resource Kit demonstrates small group intervention strategies and techniques for improving reading accuracy and fluency — two key attributes of proficient readers. Viewers will see a wealth of strategies that can easily be implemented in any approach to reading instruction to help students meet grade-level reading standards.
Viewers learn how to:
- hone in on specific learning needs and target interventions for maximum growth
- coach struggling readers in ways that keep them engaged and learning
- make optimum use of multi-modal activities to enhance students’ reading fluency and accuracy
- effectively use writing to develop students’ phonemic awareness
- increase students’ ability to blend and segment words, both orally and in writing
- expand students’ repertoire of sight words using games, chants and songs
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.