How can today's primary teachers most effectively use independent centers to enhance students' literacy growth? In this PD Resource Kit, participants will see a wealth of activities and ideas "in action" within K-3 classrooms. Literacy center expert Linda Holliman explains and demonstrates practical ways to manage center work and greatly increase the value of students' independent literacy time.
Viewers learn how to:
- directly reinforce essential literacy skills, grades K-3
- provide students with engaging visual-tactile activities that move them forward as readers and writers
- promote long-term retention of key learning through ongoing practice
- strengthen student independence and accountability for high-quality work while increasing teacher time for small group instruction
- differentiate independent reading and writing activities
- stretch students' ability to apply the literacy skills and strategies they've been taught
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.