In order for all students to achieve reading competency, they need to be productively engaged with text as much as possible. While intermediate grade teachers meet with small reading groups, the rest of the class can be productively engaged in a variety of independent literacy-building centers and activities aligned with grade-level standards.
Viewers learn how to:
- establish centers that strengthen and enrich students’ ongoing literacy development (and don’t take lots of time to maintain)
- design activities that deepen students’ thinking about their independent reading
- involve students in meaningful, on-their-own content area research and reporting
- monitor and assess students’ independent activities and projects in time-efficient ways
- effectively prepare students for independent work and boost students’ sense of responsibility for their own learning
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.