In this PD Resource Kit, experienced primary teachers work directly with young students using strategies and activities that improve children’s reading rate, expression, phrasing, and intonation and help them gain a better understanding of the content of their reading. Also included in the PD Resource Kit are time-effective ways to assess reading fluency in grades 1-3.
Viewers learn how to:
- effectively teach components of fluent reading using read aloud, echo reading and choral reading
- boost specific skills of fluency with a variety of explicit, focused lessons and mini-lessons
- incorporate fluency instruction and practice into classroom literacy programs
- scaffold the fluency growth of struggling readers with time-efficient techniques
- maximize the fluency-building benefits of highly motivating, performance-style reading activities
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.