This online course features Terri Farnham, as she shares her seminar on how to promote rapid change for children with severe phonological disorders. Terri focuses on ways to provide effective intervention for speech sound disorders that will help children transition out of speech therapy faster. This course provides access to assessments and demonstrates how to administer assessment, analyze results and apply research-backed, practical strategies to promote and increase children's intelligibility. Additionally, this course outlines time saving strategies to increase your efficiency, so you can focus on streamlining your students' progress. Throughout the entire course, Terri offers a plethora of practical and adaptable therapy activities to better support your students and help your students with severe phonological disorders graduate speech therapy faster.
You will learn how to:
- Apply latest research-based approaches to help children with speech sound disorders develop intelligibility faster
- Use phonological assessment as the starting point of therapy and creating a therapy plan
- Develop powerful implementation tools for maximal pair target words, based on targets selected during the assessment process
- Develop a clear plan for implementing evidence-based phonologic treatment in your therapy
- Help children take ownership of their own speech sounds through practical, research-based therapy routines and approaches
- Use gathered data to effectively analyze a child's speech sound system and determine which phonemes are most important and where to start
- Engage and involve your students in the therapy process through high-interest activities
Watch an excerpt from this course:
How This On Demand Course Works
Optional Graduate Credit
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: Not available at this time
Optional Professional Organization CEUs
Optional Professional Organization CEUs are available for this course.
ASHA has approved this course for 0.40 ASHA CEUs. Click here for more information.
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Teresa Farnham:
Financial: Consultant for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation. Independent contractor for teacherspayteachers.com and receives financial compensation.
Nonfinancial: No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
There are no reviews for this course at this time.