This online course features experienced Behavior Intervention Specialist, Lisa Rogers. The course focuses on strategies and research on how to decrease attention-getting and tantrum behaviors in preschool through second-grade classrooms. The entire course is packed with strategies, tips and recourses that will help you teach problem-solving skills and encourage self-regulation to limit disruptive behaviors in the classroom. Lisa focuses on Positive Behavior Interventions & Supports (PBIS), brain development research, classroom structure and self-regulation skills. Lisa advocates to explicitly teach self-regulation skills to students as early as preschool, and provides research-based and teacher tested strategies that you can incorporate in your classroom. The course also includes content on how to effectively use intervention strategies to teach replacement behaviors and why building relationships with students will aid in increasing positive behaviors.
You will learn how to:
- Implement strategies that are proven to decrease attention-getting behaviors
- Help students learn appropriate behavior through instruction, proactive, feedback and encouragement
- Make transitions fast and easy by using visual and auditory cues
- Assess the function of behavior through different data collection tools
- Help your students develop problem-solving skills
- Increase your students’ ability to focus and stay engaged by providing options and accommodations when needed
- Use strategies that are meant for intervention as prevention tools
Watch an excerpt from this course:
"Loved the content and strategies this course included. The templates and course materials provided are wonderful and I can't wait to implement them in my classroom! "
- L. Shanahan
"This course was very engaging and also eye-opening. It provided tools for us as teachers to be able to connect with the certain children that can be problematic and create relationships with them which will allow them to excel."
- J. Hardwick
"Lisa Rogers is an excellent teacher and I learned alot from this course. I thought that she presented the material in an organized manner and much of it is easily transferable to my classroom. "
- A. Hrbek
"This course has been a great way to refresh what I already knew to confirm that I am implementing behavior strategies and techniques in a positive and proactive way and gave me some new tricks to try. I love all the resources that are provided!"
- C. Seeman
"I really liked being able to see videos of these strategies in place. This helps to envision how can implement this into my classroom. I really appreciate having the resources available to me to print off and use."
- J. Brucker