This online course is organized around video clips of a seminar by experienced physical education teacher, national trainer and author Dennis Stands. You'll learn innovative activities and practical tips for strengthening and energizing PE programs, grades K-8. Whether you're a PE Specialist or classroom teacher responsible for teaching your own PE, you'll find dozens of strategies and activities you can use immediately with your own students.
This course includes dozens of new and innovative activities designed to encourage maximum participation in K-8 physical education programs, regardless of students' skills or special needs. You’ll see 30 plus activities demonstrated in this high-energy, hands-on seminar, as well as management tips for keeping students, even the youngest ones, engaged and on task during PE class.
You will learn how to:
- Make best use of warm-up and cool-down activities for efficiently moving students between their regular classrooms and PE time
- Incorporate simple rhythmic activities that are fun and easy to teach
- Develop lead-up games and skills for a variety of sports
- Create a more inclusive PE program where all students feel included and successful
- Include classroom-based academics using high-energy games and activities
- Challenge highly competent students while meeting the needs of those with lesser skills
- Increase your repertoire of cooperative activities for building teamwork skills
- Make low-cost equipment for your PE program
- Build student confidence and strengthen their overall physical abilities
Watch an excerpt from this course:
"This course was extremely helpful!!! It allowed me to learn additional ways I can improve me PE class as well as my teaching. The presentation was clear and watching the activities in action was very helpful."
- T. Kelley
"I absolutely enjoyed taking this course. It had so many useful ideas and was very clearly done. I am taking away many things I can use in my gym that will enhance my program."
- R. Jorgenson
"I couldn't be more pleased with this course. I have tremendous respect for Dennis' methodology and creativity. I've learned a ton and look forward to trying EVERYTHING with my students. This course has inspired and enlightened me."
- K. Oser
"Dennis was energetic and engaging. Nice variety of different types of activities that will work with all ages. Very relevant useful course."
- J. Hanson
"I like how I can view the course on my own timeline. The presenter gave a variety of activities from management to skill to games to equipment; as well as providing interventions for differing skill levels."
- R. Longstreet