RTI Tier 2 interventions supplement core classroom reading instruction and accelerate the learning progress of struggling readers. This course demonstrates how three different schools have organized Tier 2 intervention cycles to meet student needs, capitalize on the strengths of their instructional staffs, and make best use of available resources.
The purpose of this online course is to highlight key attributes of effective Tier 2 instruction and provide authentic examples of how different schools are implementing Tier 2 reading interventions in order to meet the needs of their struggling students.
You will learn how to:
- Establish Tier 2 assessment/intervention cycles, monitor students’ progress and adjust instruction as needed to accelerate the reading progress of struggling learners
- Maximize the quantity and quality of Tier 2 interventions without exhausting staff or students
- Increase the positive impact of team meetings on the reading growth and achievement of struggling readers
- Structure Tier 2 small group lessons in ways that boost learning benefits for struggling readers
- Create a variety of targeted learning opportunities for struggling readers in order to accelerate their reading progress
Watch an excerpt from this course:
How This On Demand Course Works
Optional Graduate Credit
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDLU 9119
"Great examples of how to implement RTI."
– C. Lunetta
"I really liked how the video broke out specific ways each of the three schools addressed RTI Tier 2 intervention in reading. I am going to suggest these concepts to my building administrator."
– C. Sayward
"I like that the course provided examples of how other schools run RTI. I enjoyed the course and will look into taking more online courses from this company. I like that I can take them online and complete on my own time."
– M. Dongelewic
"The format of the course was user friendly and easy to access."
– M. Vaughan