This online course features Sherri Adler, an engaging math teacher, co-author of several math books, and international presenter. The course opens with a variety of strategies that focus on creating a more successful learning environment for math. It then shifts focus, offering techniques and resources to improve students' mindsets and alleviate math anxiety. Sherri also provides tools to track students' progress and discusses methods to convey that progress to parents and guardians. Numerous games and activities to incorporate in math instruction are featured throughout the course, with an additional focus on subitizing and its importance in catching up students. Supplementary print and digital resources are included.
You will learn how to:
- Establish best practices for math instruction
- Foster a growth mindset and encourage math discourse in your classroom
- Promote productive struggle and elicit student thinking
- Alleviate students' math anxiety
- Improve your students' mastery of math facts and number sense
- Track your students' progress through benchmarks and assessments
- Develop your students' ability to subitize
- Increase student learning with engaging games and activities
Watch an excerpt from this course:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.