Specifically designed for school-based occupational therapists, this On Demand online course is organized around video clips of a seminar presented by sought-after school therapist, Beverly Moskowitz. You’ll find dozens of practical, timesaving strategies for embedding your OT services into the classroom and integrating students’ treatment goals with academic content. You’ll learn how to incorporate strategies, measurable goals, and inclusive practices across school settings to enhance the function, participation and independence of your OT students!
The purpose of this course is to expand your professional repertoire with proven, easy-to-implement options that support best practices for Occupational Therapists and take into account the time, budgetary and instructional constraints in today’s busy schools.
AOTA CEUs are available for this course.
You will learn how to:
- Become more familiar with your schools’ curriculum and how teachers organize their classrooms in order to complement their roles and augment yours
- Provide fine motor, manipulative, movement, sensory, and handwriting interventions during instructional time
- Create customized therapy materials you can reproduce, reuse and recycle
- Work with students across school settings to increase participation, independence and executive functioning
- Utilize conceptual frameworks in ways that increase handwriting legibility and competence as detailed in the Size Matters Handwriting Program
- Implement practical, informative, and timesaving data collection techniques
- Write measurable goals that ensure adequate training time and foster follow-through
- Build more collaborative relationships with school personnel and parents to promote follow-through of goals and strategies
Watch an excerpt from this course:
How This On Demand Course Works
Optional Graduate Credit
Optional AOTA CEUs
Optional AOTA CEUs are available for this course.
AOTA Educational level Introductory; Category 2; Domain of OT
AOTA has approved this course for .3 CEUs. Click here for more information.
Click here for a downloadable course outline.
"The course was very well laid out and gave me a lot of good information that I can incorporate into my school district practice. It also gave me a new information on how to work in a school district and provide services to not only my students but others who are having difficulties as well."
- D. England
"This was a very informative course. I'm planning on sharing much of the content with my staff."
- J. Greiner
"Great content with many practical applications to my daily job duties. Excellent handouts too!"
- J. Hilger
"This course was excellent. She had some great practical resources and a wonderful way of presenting them. The print resources are also going to be very helpful."
- D. Taylor
"The presenter was easy to listen to and provided many useful ideas to implement throughout my day with my students."
- L. DeMarco
"Loved this course. So many practical strategies that I can immediately implement into my caseload. Really enjoyed the speaker's energy and her realistic approach to working in school systems."
- C. Olivieri