In this course, you have the opportunity to learn from experienced national trainer and practicing nurse, Sandra Moritz, as she shares up-to-date practices for dealing with a wide range of school medical emergencies.
If you are looking for current, best practices and evidence to support your school emergency medical interventions, you’ll want to take this course! Sandra Moritz, an outstanding school nurse of more than 30 years, will share dozens of the most current practices, strategies and practical tips to help school nurses better respond to medical emergencies in a school setting.
School Nurse RN/LPN Contact Hours are available for this course.
You will learn how to:
- protocols to be better prepared for lockdowns, evacuations and school violence
- procedures for streamlining emergency care plans to better manage medical emergencies
- best practices from FEMA, American Red Cross and Heart Association to enhance your response as a school nurse to medical emergencies
- up-to-date interventions to manage anaphylaxis, overdoses, and cardiac arrest
- current techniques and materials for splinting that get students safely to the next level of care
- new assessment skills using the Pediatric Assessment Triangle (AAP) to determine the best response during a medical crisis
- about products that make daily interventions more effective and help you be better prepared for the unexpected
- how to best respond to mouth and teeth injuries quickly to insure a safe re-implantation
- strategies to address issues surrounding the use of unlicensed personnel
- cost-saving tips and resources available to schools for budget-conscious times
Watch an excerpt from this course:
How This On Demand Course Works
Optional Graduate Credit
To download a copy of the Course Objectives, click here.
Optional School Nurse RN/LPN Contact Hours
BER is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #CEP 15144, to offer four (4) Contact Hours for RNs and LPNs.
*APRNs in all states need to check with their credentialing agency to determine if this course meets the additional CEU requirements for their specialty area.
Click here for more information.
"This was an excellent presentation. Very relevant and informative."
- T. Montgomery
"I feel like I learned a lot and was very captivated by the presenter. There were great stories resources and links."
- B. McFarlin
"Enjoyed the presentation very much. Pacing was excellent. Introduction of new products and skills was helpful. It provided an abundance of resources and tools for me to consider for use."
- M. Piniol
"Very informative. Loved that she took examples from all over the country to give us some real life scenarios for the teaching. Loved the little tips and tricks she provided."
- A. Lockhart
"Excellent info and tips from an obviously experienced school nurse...so glad I ordered this."
- T. Wright
"This was an excellent course. It was the missing piece I have been searching for! A wealth of knowledge to take back and use in my clinics."
- M. Turpin