In this highly engaging video-based Online course, you’ll learn a wealth of effective ways to help your students master the rigorous science and engineering practices, disciplinary core ideas and crosscutting concepts incorporated in the Next Generation Science Standards. Beginning with developing a deeper understanding of the vision of the new standards, you will discover clear pathways for blending the NGSS into your current science instruction.
The purpose of this course is to show how to integrate the three dimensions of the Next Generation Science Standards into engaging instructional sequences that will motivate students and maximize their learning of the new standards. You will receive a wealth of innovative ideas for including engineering, reading, writing, and math in your science instruction that will enhance your students’ ability to master the essential skills and concepts included in the NGSS.
You will learn how to:
- The key components of the Next Generation Science Standards
- Highly effective techniques to incorporate the NGSS into your own secondary science classroom
- Proven ways to significantly increase student motivation in learning science
- Practical examples of how to develop instructional strategies that help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills necessary for engineering
- Effective strategies to strengthen student understanding of complex science phenomena using crosscutting concepts
- Concrete ways to strengthen your science instruction using the science and engineering practice of modeling
- Well-established methods to immerse students in real-world science scenarios to increase motivation and learning and incorporate science and engineering practices
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDTU 9016
There are no reviews for this course at this time.