This online course features innovative, highly experienced and current social studies teacher, Chris Lange as he shares his favorite and most effective strategies for teaching social studies. The course begins by looking at literacy strategies, specifically: vocabulary, note-taking and summarizing strategies to help your students acquire new content efficiently and effectively. Another major focus is on content delivery strategies, which includes a range of resources, tech tools, and methods to keep your students engaged and motivated while still covering ample amounts of social studies content. Additionally, Chris shares dozens of problem-based learning strategies to help your students analyze complex social studies themes and topics through inquiry, technology, research, and discovery. The entire course is infused with ways to optimize your students' learning and ways to increase the impact your social studies instruction, regardless of what content you teach. The course includes access to a digital folder of resources including: editable templates, ready-to-use forms, how-to videos, examples of student work, relevant websites, and more.
You will learn how to:
- Increase the impact of your social studies curriculum by connecting it to the 21st century learner
- Incorporate literacy strategies with your students to deepen their understanding of social studies content
- Increase your students' understanding of complex material by using a variety of proven and easily-adapted content delivery strategies
- Help your students develop analytical skills by integrating problem-based learning in your social studies classroom
- Boost content acquisition and overall student engagement by adapting and applying a collection of content delivery strategies
- Personalize learning to optimize each student's learning and increase their academic achievement beyond the social studies classroom
Watch an excerpt from this course:
Optional Brandman University Graduate Level Professional Development Credit course code: EDDU 9705
There are no reviews for this course at this time.