Taped in primary classrooms, this video-based online course demonstrates a wealth of highly engaging ways to develop young students' proficiency with addition and subtraction math facts.
You'll see primary teachers using a wide variety of effective strategies and techniques that help students not only master math facts but develop number sense as well.
You will learn how to:
- develop students’ understanding of addition and subtraction through teacher demonstrations, the use of manipulatives and kinesthetic activities
- enhance students’ facility with addition and subtraction using fact families, small group activities and hands-on materials
- increase student automaticity with math facts through repeated practice in a variety of settings: whole class, partners, small groups, and individual
- use math centers to productively engage students in practicing addition and subtraction math facts
- provide additional, targeted practice opportunities for students who struggle with math facts
Watch an excerpt from this course:
"I love that I can watch real students in a classroom setting participating in the activities described in this course. That is invaluable. It is also very helpful to go back and observe portions of the video at a later date. The ready-to-go activity sheets made implementing activities quick and easy. Thank you for that."
– J. Strasser
"I thought the course was excellent! I liked the way the material was presented and thought the information was very useful! Thank you."
– C. Swindell
"I liked that the course was video based because I could see the concepts being utilized by real teachers. I found the printed resources to be particularly helpful. "
– G. Boardman