Flipped learning is an instructional approach in which students gain basic understandings of concepts outside of class and teachers use class time to more thoroughly develop students’ content knowledge and higher-order thinking skills. In this PD Resource Kit, teachers from a variety of content areas in secondary school settings demonstrate classroom-based strategies and techniques for boosting student learning, developing their skills as self-guided learners and increasing student achievement.
Viewers learn how to:
- differentiate instruction to address varying levels of student content knowledge
- use a variety of techniques to monitor students’ understanding and adjust course content as needed
- structure class time around activities and experiences to deepen students’ conceptual understandings and develop their proficiency with higher-order thinking and questioning
- transition from a teacher-centered delivery model to a well-managed, student-oriented active learning environment
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.