Just-In-Time MATH Interventions (Grades K-2)
Presented by Deborah Allen Wirth
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-2
- Easy-to-implement math intervention strategies you can use immediately
- Powerful strategies to meet K-2 students where they are without compromising your grade level math instruction
- Practical strategies for helping students overcome common barriers to success in math
- Receive an extensive K-2 math intervention digital resource handbook filled with dozens of effective ideas to strengthen your students’ early math learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, highly engaging K-2 math intervention seminar, Deborah Wirth will share a wealth of practical classroom-proven ideas and resources to assist you in developing just-in-time math interventions that will accelerate your young learners toward greater understanding and achievement in math. During this seminar, you will discover a wealth of ideas for creating, planning, organizing, and maintaining math interventions in your classroom. Deborah will share a variety of ready to use intervention ideas, as well as explore implementation and monitoring of effective K-2 math interventions you can use in your classroom immediately. You will leave with many ideas to better meet the specific math needs of each student. Join your colleagues and Deborah as you strive to create math interventions that help ALL students develop a better relationship with math in the early years of school.
You’ll leave this seminar with a wealth of proven JUST-IN-TIME MATH INTERVENTIONS you’ll be able to use immediately in your own K-2 classroom!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Strengthen Your K-2 Students’ Math Success Using Powerful Just-In-Time Intervention Strategies
Utilize your current curriculum resources with intervention strategies designed to create more effective use of your time during math … Provide effective intervention while also helping students achieve grade level standards
- Discover Inexpensive, Everyday Materials for Your Time K-2 Math Interventions
Stop spending money and time searching for intervention materials … Learn inexpensive math intervention solutions that can be available to you the moment you need them
- Help Your K-2 Students Better Understand the Grade Level Math You Are Teaching
Put a stop to the confusion your students experience during grade level math instruction … Learn practical math interventions that help your students understand and learn more from your grade level curriculum lessons
- Utilize a Variety of Formative Assessments to More Easily Learn Your Students’ Math Needs
Explore both tangible and virtual K-2 math assessment tools and resources … Boost your students’ math intervention success with time-saving assessments you can use right away
- Increase Your Students’ Math Learning
Find time in your math block to meet the needs of your young mathematicians … Learn classroom-tested ways to organize math time for more seamless intervention and increased learning
- Strengthen the Confidence of Your K-2 Students Who Struggle and Dislike Math
Discover creative intervention techniques that boost the feeling of success of your students who struggle to learn important math skills and concepts … Help them like math again!
- Improve Student Interest and On-Task Behavior in Math
Discover the power of mistakes and productive struggle … Learn how to integrate growth mindset strategies into your math interventions to help your students overcome math anxiety and other barriers
- Learn Tips and Ideas for Utilizing Manipulatives to Help Correct Common Math Misconceptions
Incorporate math intervention techniques using manipulatives to facilitate better learning of the early math skills and concepts typically misunderstood by students
- Effective Teacher-Tested Ways to Better Engage Your Students in Math Interventions
Explore the power of tiered workstations for spiraling activities to meet the learning needs of all your young mathematicians … Get your students’ attention and keep it with these practical ideas for improving engagement in math
- Receive an Extensive Just-In-Time Math Intervention Digital Resource Handbook
Take home your own digital resource handbook filled with math intervention tips, strategies and tools designed to meet the specific needs of your K-2 math students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical tips for making your K-2 just-in-time math interventions more powerful
- Develop tiered math centers to better facilitate standards-based K-2 math intervention
- Relevant, ready-to-use formative assessments that will drive your targeted K-2 math intervention
- Highly effective ways to use guided math in your K-2 math intervention program
- Innovative technology tools to engage all learners while meeting your math students where they are
- Hands-on math intervention ideas to get your students more engaged in learning
- Help your K-2 students build more fluent retrieval of basic math facts
- Manageable ways to better meet the mathematical needs of all your students
- Practical and budget friendly ways to organize your math interventions
- Successful daily routines for making best use of math time in your classroom
- Proven math intervention strategies to increase student math achievement in grades K-2
- Strengthen your K-2 students’ understanding of important mathematical ideas
- Promote a growth mindset to build more confident and competent young mathematicians
- How to organize your K-2 math block for the most effective math intervention plan
- Proven math assessments that will help you focus on exactly where each student needs to begin
- Powerful instructional strategies that improve students’ development of strategic thinking in math
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Have you ever walked into your classroom and wondered how students of the same age could be so different in their understanding of math? I certainly have. I’ve also wondered how I, as their teacher, could meet their needs and make sure every student is learning all he or she possibly can. We know we cannot hold off grade appropriate math lessons until everyone is ready, and we also feel the stress of limited time for re-teaching as they gradually become ready. How do we get them caught up? Fortunately, using ‘Just-In-Time’ intervention techniques and strategies, I can meet the varying needs of my students and propel them toward more success in math. To do so, I learned to plan more effectively in scaffolding relevant, yet engaging instruction.
According to Oxford Languages, the world’s leading dictionary publisher, intervention is “the action taken to improve a situation.” In this seminar, you will learn how to successfully design and deliver more effective math intervention using a guided math approach to differentiate instruction. While utilizing research-based strategies, this seminar will also allow you to discover classroom-tested ways to find time needed to work with individuals and small groups so they can more successfully participate in grade level math experiences. By fostering students’ growth mindset, students will also become motivated to improve their mathematical understanding.
As teachers, we work hard to use formative assessment to provide engaging, respectful intervention for students at all levels of learning. At the same time, we must provide access to grade level material they may not be ready to understand. This seminar is focused on providing you with ideas, strategies, and techniques that have been successfully incorporated in classrooms throughout our country. My goal is to give you an array of ideas and activities you can use the next day in any instructional setting. You will also learn ways to integrate your current math curriculum in the designing and delivery of just-in-time math intervention.
Join me so I may share ways to effectively help our young learners become more confident and competent mathematicians. You’ll leave having a game plan for how to help your students achieve this goal!
P.S. You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook written specifically for this K-2 Math Interventions seminar. It is filled with all the strategies and ideas we’ll discuss during our day together!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and other educators teaching Math in Grades K-2
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Key ideas and specific strategies for setting up, organizing, managing, and maintaining just-in-time math intervention in grades K-2
- Practical early math intervention ideas that will enable you to plan for differentiated instruction more effectively
- Tips and ideas for utilizing manipulatives for interventions that help correct students’ mathematical misconceptions
- Highly practical, innovative K-2 math intervention ideas you can use immediately
- A wealth of resources to aid in the design and delivery of math intervention in grades K-2
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in just-in-time math interventions for grades K-2.
Deb Wirth will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.