Highly Targeted Interventions for Students Struggling with Reading (Grades K-2)
Presented by Cathy Collier
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
- Proven, ready-to-use techniques to give your K-2 students the specific interventions they need to close the achievement gap … Ideas for in-person as well as online and hybrid teaching
- Highly practical strategies to raise the rigor of your struggling readers in phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehension
- The best targeted intervention strategies for addressing reading difficulties in Grades K-2 … Proven ideas for in-person and distance learning environments
- Receive an extensive resource handbook and a free digital download of seminar materials
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for better tools to improve the performance of your Grades K-2 struggling readers? In this NEW seminar, long-time teacher and reading specialist, CATHY COLLIER, will share many targeted interventions with “on the spot” teaching tools that work with any K-2 reading program. You will gain a wealth of practical ideas and resources that are proven to provide the right intervention needed to achieve success. This seminar provides evidence-based interventions you can use immediately.
Throughout this action-packed day, you will be given dozens of timesaving ideas to differentiate instruction, actively engage students in activities that accurately target their specific reading needs, and innovative resources to address the challenges faced by your Grades K-2 struggling readers. In this fast-paced, highly practical seminar, you will be energized and ready to lead your struggling readers to independence and success. Join Cathy for a day filled with powerful strategies you can use in-person or online immediately with students who experience the greatest struggles in learning to read.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Meet Your Grades K-2 Students’ Needs Before They Fall Too Far Behind
Discover proven ways to intervene with your Grades K-2 students and accelerate their literacy learning BEFORE they fall too far behind … Many on-the-spot instructional ideas to address the specific needs of students who struggle to read whether you’re working in-person or online
- Boost Your Struggling Readers’ Confidence and Skills Whether Online or In-Person
Learn practical ways to make every minute count by using techniques to ensure struggling readers’ success … How to rapidly increase skills by building on success, one step at a time
- Integrate the Best, Current, Targeted K-2 Reading Interventions
Discover intervention strategies that increase success for Grades K-2 struggling readers … Proven ideas for in-person and online instruction
- Maximize the Success of Your Differentiated Small Group Instruction
Learn the essential components of planning differentiated lessons to maximize your students’ reading achievement
- Highly Practical Strategies to Support Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Comprehension, and Fluency
Engaging, easy-to-implement, hands-on strategies that support each of the five research-based components of increasing reading competency … Enhance your K-2 reading instruction for your struggling readers
- Accelerate the Progress of Students Who Need Extra Support
Engaging, classroom-proven strategies that strengthen the critical reading skills of your struggling readers … Differentiate your reading instruction to accelerate the reading levels of your students who need extra support
- Learn Practical Intervention Strategies and Techniques to Easily Integrate into Your Existing K-2 Reading Program
Discover dozens of classroom-tested interventions that can be easily incorporated into your existing reading program and that will work best with your struggling readers … Ideas for in-person, online and hybrid learning environments
- Enhance Your Current Phonics Instruction
Learn new ways to explicitly teach skills and routines for successful independent learning … Walk away with ideas to implement right away in your own Grades K-2 classroom
- Foster a Positive Growth Mindset with Your Grades K-2 Students
Encourage your Grades K-2 students to be risk takers and both succeed and fail at their own challenges … Help your Grades K-2 students learn how to achieve their potential and take control of their own success through effort, hard work and practice
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook and Online Resources Packed with Targeted Grades K-2 Reading Interventions
Receive a comprehensive resource handbook with a wealth of strategies that can be implemented immediately in any Grades K-2 reading program whether in-person or online … Also receive a free digital download packed with editable open-ended forms and activities to help target your interventions to meet your students’ specific needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to target your Grades K-2 reading instruction to address struggling readers at their level … Proven ideas for in-class as well as online and hybrid teaching environments
- Key steps for designing intensive interventions to accelerate progress for struggling readers
- How to use technology as a powerful tool to accelerate progress for students who struggle to read
- A wealth of techniques to positively impact Grades K-2 student progress in learning to read
- Effective ways to link assessment and instruction to scaffold student learning
- Quick-and-easy progress monitoring techniques to effectively document your interventions
- How to efficiently analyze your assessment data to plan the most effective interventions
- The essential keys to match interventions to the specific needs of your Grades K-2 students
- How to design “just right” and “just-in-time” interventions that work
- Numerous hands-on ideas, strategies and demonstrations to target your interventions for struggling readers
- A wealth of organizational strategies for your struggling Grades K-2 readers to use immediately in your classroom and independently in the future
- The best, current intervention strategies for helping struggling readers in-person and in distance learning environments
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I always knew I would be a teacher. What I didn’t know is just how quickly 30 years would fly by! It is hard to imagine that I’ve been following my passion to teach students to read for this long, but each of the moments of success my students experienced has been, and continues to be, the greatest thrill in the world. It is that thrill that keeps me going!
As someone who works with students on a daily basis, I am excited by the progress my struggling students are making, the confidence they build in themselves as readers, and the ways in which practical, targeted interventions can effectively prevent them from falling too far behind. It is my pleasure to share a wealth of ideas, tools and techniques to target and meet the needs of your most struggling Grades K-2 readers.
Throughout this fast-paced day, I will provide you with practical, efficient and effective interventions that can be implemented in any instructional setting – online or in-person. We will focus on how phonemic awareness, phonics, vocabulary, comprehension, and fluency impact your students’ achievement. All of these highly effective interventions will work with any Grades K-2 reading program you are currently using! In addition, I will share manageable data collection systems that will help you keep track of your students’ progress in order to maximize their learning time.
I have been fortunate to work with students and colleagues throughout my school and across the nation through curriculum design and intervention support. Knowing that I’m helping students beyond my classroom walls is exciting!
Please join me for a high-energy day filled with practical strategies, activities, tips, and tools you will be eager to implement in your classroom. I look forward to sharing this day with you! Whether you are teaching in-person, 100% online or in a hybrid learning environment, you’ll leave with numerous ideas you can use immediately.
P.S. You will leave with an extensive resource handbook and free downloadable materials filled with “do-it-tomorrow” ideas and strategies to help target and significantly increase the reading achievement of your struggling readers.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Teachers, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Aides, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- more successful readers whether learning online or in-person
- Quick-and-easy, ready-to-use assessment techniques to effectively document your interventions and plan your reading instruction
- Practical ways to maximize your time for reading interventions
- Proven ways to implement intensive, “just-in-time” interventions to significantly boost the skills of your most struggling readers
- Practical activities and techniques to supplement and expand your existing reading program to better support struggling readers and build their confidence
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in highly targeted interventions for students struggling with reading.
Cathy Collier will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
Semester Credit Option
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of follow-up practicum activities. Details for direct enrollment with University of Massachusetts Global, a nonprofit affiliate, will be available at this program.
Meet Inservice Requirements
Participants of both the Live Online Seminar and those completing the Recorded Version online can receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify five continuing education hours. State CEUs are available for both versions of the course. For specific details, visit www.ber.org/ceus.