While co-teaching has the potential to greatly affect the success of students in inclusion classrooms, teachers may find it challenging to begin to implement this approach. In this PD Resourse Kit with Streaming Video, you will see a number of practical, simple co-teaching strategies that can immediately be implemented in classrooms, grades 6-12.
You’ll observe co-teaching techniques that increase students’ learning in whole-class lessons. These strategies are a practical way to initiate a co-teaching partnership. They require only a moderate amount of planning and adapt well to the itinerant schedules of many special education teachers.
Viewers learn how to:
- Prevent student “drifting” and promote on-task behavior in practical, classroom-proven ways
- Facilitate middle and high school students’ application of reading, writing and study skills in content areas
- Provide at-the-moment support to meet students’ needs in secondary general education classrooms
- Increase students’ engagement with grade level text and concepts, even when reading is a challenge
- Use innovative, time-effective ways to modify assessments in grades 6-12 and find out what students really have learned
- Share leadership roles in the classroom to the benefit of every student
This PD Resource Kit is available in two different formats:
- 1 or 3 year streaming video subcription options with digital resources
- DVD option with print resources
Watch an excerpt from this PD Resource Kit:
There are no reviews for this course at this time.