Multimedia Tools to Increase Student Learning: Practical, Engaging Tools
Presented by Tina Jarvis
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Library/Media Specialists and Technology Specialists
- Personalize and increase learning using free technology tools already available and in your grades 6-12 students' hands
- Practical strategies to leverage Project Based Learning using multimedia to bolster student engagement
- Increase student motivation and student learning
- Receive a digital resource handbook and special access to Tina's online resources full of strategies and resources to help you increase learning for your Grades 6-12 students, including access to Tina's extensive library of video tutorials, Instructional strategies, and more!
This impactful, NEW seminar led by Tina Jarvis, Apple Distinguished Educator, ISTE presenter and Instructional Technology Specialist for over 20 years, is designed for educators who are interested in using free digital multimedia tools to increase student motivation and learning. Join Tina as she shares dozens of classroom tested strategies and tools de-signed to integrate content, Digital Fluency Standards, creativity and collaboration through Project Based Learning using the latest free multimedia tools that increase student learning. You will leave with practical tools to improve your students' video editing, storyboarding, script writing and much more through authentic learning opportunities. Learn how to maximize the power of multimedia tools your students already use. Tina will share step-by-step instructions, student samples, project ideas, and more! You will receive the extensive digital handbook designed specifically for this seminar as well as direct access to Tina's online resources for your immediate use.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Leverage Tech Tools Your Students Use Daily
Learn innovative ways to plan and create multimedia rich lessons using free tools your students use daily such as YouTube, TikTok, Instagram and more … Practical strategies to more easily integrate these tools within your existing curriculum
- Check for Understanding 24/7 Inside or Outside of the Classroom
Discover the best free online tools like ScreenCastify that allow embedded multiple choice and Interactive Video to be placed within video content for immediate awareness of understanding
- Create Multimedia Rich Lessons Designed for Your Grade Level and Subject Area
Incorporate more easily multimedia rich Project Based Learning lessons into your existing curriculum … See how easily your students will create enriching, engaging presentations
- Master the Basics of Multimedia Editing No Matter Which Operating System You Use
Whether your district uses Chromebooks, iPads, Laptops or fixed labs, there is video editing software for YOU! ... Discover which free or low-cost options are best for your students
- Maximize the Effectiveness of the Video Comments for Student Feedback
Learn how to more easily use Zoom and Microsoft Teams to capture video and desktop content for student feedback
- Gifs are All the Rage!
Participants will learn how to use free online tools like giphy.com to turn images and seconds of video into animated gifs
- Enhance Collaboration and Communication Skills
Explore the best ways for your students to ethically create, modify, and share multimedia … Increase communication and collaboration skills while encouraging greater creativity
- Promote Digital Citizenship
Find new ways to encourage students to behave respectfully online with people with different beliefs while better determining the validity of online sources of information
- Gain New Insights on Cybersecurity
Understand the risks and learn how to keep your students safer online ... Ensure best practices for password creation and harness the power of apps your students use in safer ways
- Receive an Extensive Grades 6-12 Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive Grades 6-12 digital resource handbook full of ideas, strategies, lessons, and useful resources you can immediately use in your instruction, including access to Tina's extensive library of video tutorials, Project Based Learning examples and more!
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- New insights into the value of student created multimedia and how it expands Digital Fluency outcomes
- Better understand multimedia production using TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and more while aligning video creation with the new Digital Fluency Standards
- How you can deeply engage student creativity while taking a project from planning to hosting and sharing
- Learn how to re-engage student excitement and creativity when each student participates with the talent that they most identify as a strength
- Build a tech-integrated learning community that fosters creative growth, encourages peer collaboration and strengthens students' independence
- Understand better the technology students turn to when creating multimedia like TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and more
- Develop ethically independent students in the tech learning community
- How to amplify independent and collaborative student voices as students learn how to collaborate on an idea and share
- Take a project from conception to completion, production to post production using the tools they have in their pockets, students will collaborate together to amplify a single powerful message
- Create and publish content for a real-world audience within Project Based Learning
- Master basic editing skills, and how to publish multimedia using TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and more
- How to quickly and easily use video comments for personalized, real-time feedback
- Learn how to capture screen/desktop content using Zoom or Microsoft Teams for use with student feedback
- Increase student awareness of Copyright Laws and how they relate to them and are different from Fair Use laws that bind classroom content
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
I can often be heard saying that students aren't just consumers of videos, they're producers as well. That thought slowly emerged as I observed students taking to TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and more perhaps with the intent to learn how to play guitar or unlock new levels of a video game. Their "teachers" often were peers of their own age who were the keepers and educators who owned this precious knowledge. Their learning experiences are often taken out of our brick-and-mortar classrooms and taught on their time and location. I can't wait to show you how to meet your students' needs without major changes to your current program.
As Grades 6-12 educators, we are not only obligated to prepare students for the technology and multimedia world in which we and they live and contribute to, but I believe we should enthusiastically embrace these practices and bring them into our classroom settings.
Effective technology and multimedia use in education can be found in Project Based Learning units that are aligned with the new Digital Fluency Standards that keep in mind Copyright, Fair Use and ethical use of technology. My desire is to raise your comfort level with TikTok, YouTube, Instagram and more and to show you how to use complimentary technology more effectively to achieve your educational goals.
I look forward to sharing my findings of how to spark student creativity and increase learning. You will leave this seminar knowing what is currently available within your districts and free on the internet, practical Project Based Learning projects and how multimedia is a key tool within the new Digital Fluency Standards.
I enthusiastically look forward to spending the day with you!
P.S. The emphasis of our day will be on ready-to-use tools. You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook, plus special access to my resource-packed online files to support your success with your Grades 6-12 students.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Library/Media Specialists and Technology Specialists
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Step-by-step directions to creating multimedia easier
- Review of Project Based Learning as it aligns with the new Digital Fluency Standards
- A better understanding of Copyright and Fair Use in Education
- Cybersecurity practices for safe use of technology
- Dozens of free options as well as a better understanding of current software needed to create, host and educate using multimedia
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using multimedia tools to enhance their Grades 6-12 students' learning.
Tina Jarvis will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own multimedia tools program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.