DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening Your Online Instruction and Student Success Using the Best Cutting-Edge Google and Technology Tools (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Desiree Alexander
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- The keys to practically and successfully teach complete distance learning lessons to strengthen students' engagement and learning online
- Timesaving ways to organize the distance learning cycle … Create, assign, engage students and provide feedback, all while maintaining your sanity
- Effective ways to use videos in distance learning … Enhance student and parent communication, instruction, assessment, and collaboration
- The best FREE websites and Google Tools to strengthen online secondary instruction
- Receive an extensive Digital Distance Learning resource handbook and special access to Desiree's password protected website so you can immediately link to all the resources presented in this seminar
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This outstanding, live onlineseminar is specially designed for secondary educators who want to strengthen their online distance learning instruction using the best, cutting-edge Google and technology tools. Outstanding secondary teacher and Google for Education Innovator and Trainer, Desiree Alexander, will show you how to more efficiently tap into the power of distance learning. Learn how to strengthen your instruction and your students' learning through cutting-edge Google and technology tools perfect for grades 6-12. Explore outstanding ways to differentiate, provide feedback, tap student choice and voice, create culturally relevant assignments and assessments, and much more! Desiree will share practical and timesaving strategies for streamlining everyday distance learning workflows in your online secondary classroom. No matter your experience level with distance learning or these tools, you will leave this seminar with a wealth of use-tomorrow ideas. You will also receive an extensive digital distance learning resource handbook and special website access with step-by-step instructions, tutorials and resources to reinforce and extend your learning after the seminar.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Essential Practices for Powerful Distance Learning in Grades 6-12
What every secondary educator needs to know about fully tapping into cutting edge Google and technology tools … Explore the best, most useful tools for strengthening your online distance learning instruction and student success
- Organize Distance Learning Lessons to Increase Student Success
Learn how to prepare your workspace and your online lessons to effectively boost student engagement and increase student achievement
- Create the Conditions for Optimal Online Learning
Explore a host of strategies for building an optimal online learning community … Set the stage for high levels of student safety, innovation, communication, and learning
- Harness the Power of Google and Other Web Tools
Discover practical ways Google and other technology tools can significantly enhance online collaboration … Improve communication and strengthen learning among students in your grades 6-12 online classroom
- Provide Highly Valuable, Actionable Feedback Swiftly and Effortlessly
Take full advantage of timesaving online assessment tools to drive your online instruction … Learn essential strategies to assign lessons and assessments, provide feedback, grade and return assignments, and more – all online!
- Create Videos for Highly Engaging Lessons and Student Assessments
Discover a wealth of time-efficient options for using online videos in the secondary online classroom … Enhance your ability to meet the needs of your diverse learners
- Best Practices for Planning and Implementing Successful Online Lessons
Incorporate distance learning best practices into the planning of your online lessons … Utilize powerful technology tools to strengthen online lessons, collaboration and assessments
- The Best Digital Tools and Tips to Enhance Your Online Secondary Instruction
Explore a host of digital tools and tips perfect for strengthening your online secondary instruction … Enhance warm-ups, lesson presentation, independent work, group work, exit tickets, classroom videos, and more!
- Engage Students in Live Online Classes
Explore a variety of options for holding online secondary classes, plus tips and strategies for keeping them safe and engaging for students
- Receive an Extensive Digital Distance Learning Resource Handbook and Special Website Access
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook, filled with the best, cutting-edge Google and technology tools for strengthening your online instruction and student success … Receive password access to Desiree's specially created website for this seminar with helpful links and online tutorials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The best, most useful tools to strengthen Distance Learning in grades 6-12 using cutting-edge Google and technology tools
- Ways to create engaging lessons that lead secondary students to innovate, create, grow, and achieve
- Valuable strategies for using videos to enhance lesson delivery, assessments, and student success
- Timesaving tools and activities to help you organize and prepare distance learning lessons, while boosting student engagement and achievement
- How Google Classroom and the latest Chrome extensions can strengthen your distance learning instruction and student success
- Digital tools to create unique online assessments that engage students and help them show their content knowledge
- Ways to be inclusive and differentiate for grades 6-12 online students during distance learning
- Various ways to use Google and other technology tools to create a collaborative learning space for online secondary students
- Communication tools to use with parents to increase their participation in their student's online learning and success
- How to build an optimal online learning community with high levels of student safety, innovation, communication, and learning
- The latest updates in G Suite for Education, including new and improved tools to enhance students' secondary online learning
- Ideas for using the best live meeting platforms to engage secondary students during live online classes
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Distance learning is here to stay. Schools and districts will never again be unprepared to teach online and it will now and always be a viable option for our students. The time is now for us, as educators, to hone our skills. And yet the multitude of skills we are responsible for teaching students as secondary teachers is both amazing and often daunting. With increasing demands on our time and all that we're responsible for, it can be challenging trying to keep up with the latest, best practices for enhancing our secondary instruction. But, learning how to take those best practices and modify them for distance learning need not be daunting or challenging.
As an experienced secondary and distance learning teacher, I have specifically designed this seminar with you in mind! Whether you are dealing with a traditional classroom, blended learning or distance learning environment, I know you want to help your students engage and succeed whether they are physically in front of you or not. However, despite the array of technology tools that are so readily available, the challenge most secondary teachers face today is in keeping up with essential ways to best use these tools to enhance our programs. The good news is that there are tons of outstanding, FREE Google and technology tools available that will get your secondary students excited about logging in to your class every day and will keep them engaged and on task. In my online classes, students have successfully used Google and other technology tools to read/listen to standards-driven lessons, share their thoughts, collaborate on projects, complete assignments, watch and create instructional videos, and so much more! I can't wait to show you how!
I look forward to sharing the best of what works and what doesn't based on my extensive experience with distance learning. I will provide you with a comprehensive list of all the tools I have used with my secondary students as well as tips and tricks to save you valuable time and effort with distance learning. It is my sincere goal that you leave this seminar excited about returning to try out many of the new ideas that you learn with your secondary students!
I look forward to meeting you!
Dr. Desiree Alexander
P.S. The emphasis will be on use-tomorrow tools. And you'll receive an extensive digital distance learning resource handbook, plus special password access to my resource-packed website to support your success with distance learning.
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Technology Specialists, Library/Media Specialists, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Distance Learning Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Distance Learning ideas and best practices for online instruction
- Practical, timesaving strategies and ideas for integrating Google Classroom, Google Meet and other G Suite tools into your online secondary program
- Step-by-step guides for using Google and other technology tools with your online secondary students
- Descriptions and images of the latest, most effective Chrome Extensions for grades 6-12 educators
- Tips and tricks for using videos and other technology resources to greatly enhance online secondary instruction
- "How to" screenshots of a variety of technology tools, apps and extensions
- Password access to Desiree's specially created website with helpful online links, tutorials and resources
Desiree Alexander will be available for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own grades 6-12 program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.