Current, Best Strategies to Help SPEECH-LANGUAGE PATHOLOGISTS Accelerate Therapy Progress and Academic Success
Presented by Sarah James, MS, CCC-SLP
Specifically Designed for Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Students in Grades Pre-K-12
- Dozens of practical, innovative strategies designed to strengthen your speech-language services with students at all grade levels
- Timesaving ways to better manage your workload through the effective use of technology and an inclusive approach to speech-language services
- Proven techniques for utilizing a differentiated therapy approach that can be flexibly adapted across all grade levels and content areas
- Address executive function weaknesses that limit student success in therapy and in school
- Innovative intervention strategies to help speech-language students better meet communication goals and state standards
To get the most benefit from this seminar, participants are encouraged to bring a laptop, tablet or other wireless device used in their therapy program. It is not, however, a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for practical, evidence-based strategies to accelerate your students’ therapy progress and increase their academic success in the classroom, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this outstanding NEW seminar, experienced speech-language pathologist, author and national presenter, Sarah James, will share dozens of the very best, new and innovative therapy strategies for addressing a variety of student needs. Throughout the day, Sarah will show effective, realistic ways cutting-edge technology can be incorporated into your speech therapy program to increase student progress and help you more efficiently manage your caseload.
You’ll learn proven intervention strategies to better meet communication goals and state standards, a differentiated therapy approach that can be flexibly used across all grade levels and timesaving tips to accelerate student success.
You will leave with a wealth of new ideas which are all summarized in an extensive resource handbook that will help you begin implementing these ideas as soon as you return to your students.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Better Meet the Needs of Individual Students with Innovative, New Ideas
Learn specific strategies for helping your speech-language students achieve greater success in both the therapy setting and the classroom
- Fill Your Therapy Toolbox with Practical Timesaving Ideas that Accelerate Student Success
Discover dozens of proven, ready-to-use strategies, methods, activities, and resources to help your speech-language students achieve greater success
- Increase the Impact of Your Existing Therapy Techniques
Learn innovative ways to enhance your existing therapy and foster greater student academic progress … Discover how simple modifications in your existing therapy practices can yield greater results
- Utilize Free Google Tools, Apps and Extensions to Support Both Therapy and Student Scheduling Needs
Discover practical, timesaving ways SLPs are making effective use of Google Voice, Google Maps, YouTube as well as Google Calendar and Google Scheduling for both increased organization and motivating therapy sessions
- Expand Your Intervention Strategies to Support Students Who Struggle with Written Expression
Learn proven methods and practical therapy techniques to support students who struggle with written language expression … Specific ways to support written language skills and help your students be more successful with their written expressions
- Utilize the Best-of-the-Best Apps and Websites for Promoting Written Expression
Discover the best apps and websites that promote speaking, writing and story creation
- Address Executive Function Weaknesses to Better Support Your Therapy Work and Students’ Success in School
Learn practical ways you can adapt your therapy work to enhance your students’ ability to develop and use key executive function skills in therapy tasks and classroom academic areas
- Effectively Incorporate Multi-Media to Teach Social Skills, Pragmatic and Inferential Language and Perspective Taking
Capture the attention of your students by using motivating and engaging materials … Here’s how
- Connect Your Language Therapy with the Most Critical Components of Literacy Instruction
Learn powerful techniques to improve phonemic awareness, enhance vocabulary and increase reading comprehension and accuracy
- Receive a Detailed Speech-Language Therapy Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive speech-language therapy resource handbook filled with practical strategies and ideas presented in this seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical, evidence-based strategies to increase your effectiveness and efficiency as a school-based speech-language pathologist
- Effective, innovative strategies for helping all of your students develop critical literacy skills
- How to work smarter and attain greater results from your speech therapy
- Practical, timesaving therapy strategies and resources to accelerate student therapy progress and student success in school
- What’s new in educational technology equipment, tools and accessories for speech-language therapy and how to best utilize them in your practice
- Proven resources to build receptive language skills
- Classroom modifications and accommodations that facilitate greater academic success in students with speech-language needs
- Proven strategies to help speech-language students meet communication goals and curriculum targets
- Ways to more effectively modify, accommodate, adapt, and differentiate instruction with your teachers to create student-friendly classrooms and a solid foundation for learning
- Evidence-based vocabulary intervention strategies
- How to make best use of numerous web-based resources for use in your speech-language program
- The most useful speech-language therapy apps
- How to make best use of free Google Tools to enhance therapy work and organization of your speech-language program
- Proven strategies for helping your speech-language students strengthen their writing skills through differentiated writing tasks
- Vital academic and instructional language vocabulary to help your students more successfully participate in their classroom instructional program
- The SLP’s unique, dynamic role in providing differentiation options for reading and writing activities
- Dozens of ideas for infusing speech-language support into classroom interventions that aid in differentiated instruction
- Practical and realistic ideas for using the iPad to address a variety of speech-language therapy needs
- Ways to increase collaboration with general education classroom teachers regarding the language basis for literacy and learning
- Realistic ideas for how to increase test scores on statewide testing
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a practicing school-based speech-language pathologist I sometimes feel inundated with expectations that seem to be continually added to my workload and expected areas of expertise. Reading, writing, state academic standards, differentiation – and now technology, too. It is difficult to ignore that our students are incredibly motivated by the immediate feedback of it, not to mention the cool audio and video features that cutting-edge technology has the potential to help our students make greater therapy gains, as well as increasing social and academic progress. Are you looking for reasonable, timesaving ways to combine the best of the tried-and-true therapy strategies with the new-and-innovative technology tools to increase the impact of your therapy?
It has been my quest for the past several years to incorporate the best-of-the-best, research-based therapy strategies and activities that some of us call “old school” and combining them with cool technology tools and resources to increase the impact of my therapy interventions and my students’ success in the classroom.
I am excited to share practical, timesaving and evidence-based ideas with you and address the smooth and seamless integration of the “old” with the “new” and how this combination can help you better serve your students with speech and language disorders.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar!
Sarah James, MS, CCC-SLP
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Students in Grades Pre-K-12.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive speech-language therapy resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Descriptions of the newest, most useful cutting-edge technology tools along with practical applications for speech-language therapy
- Descriptions of innovative therapy strategies
- Practical ways to evaluate and teach key literacy skills in the special education and “pull out” programs, as well as the inclusive classroom
- Resource lists of the most useful apps and cutting-edge technology tools for speech-language therapy
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a great opportunity for speech-language pathologists to meet and share ideas for improving the effectiveness of their speech-language therapy programs.
Sarah James will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your programs.
ASHA - CEUs
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.