101 Therapy Strategies to Increase Your Effectiveness as a Speech-Language Pathologist
Presented by Margo Kinzer Courter
Specifically Designed for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Pre-K Through Grade 12 Students
- 101 highly effective, practical treatment strategies to add to your SLP toolbox – whether working with students in-person or online
- A wealth of practical school-based therapy strategies that will boost academic success across all curriculum areas
- Specific ways to align your therapy outcomes and goals with state and classroom expectations
- Receive an extensive resource handbook full of techniques, ideas and strategies that you can use immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for fresh, innovative, practical ways to better support your students with speech and language disorders? Are you looking for ideas to expand your repertoire of strategies when dealing with students struggling with morphology, phonology, semantics, syntax, grammar, and pragmatics? If you are looking for practical strategies and therapy techniques that will enhance your effectiveness, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss.
Experienced Speech?Language Pathologist, MARGO KINZER COURTER, will share 101 of the most effective therapy strategies and ideas that can be immediately implemented with students struggling with speech and language disorders. She will also share insightful methods on how to ensure that your therapy is aligned with state expectations for language arts. This seminar will introduce you to some of the most highly effective treatment strategies that can positively impact students’ receptive and expressive language skills. This seminar will provide 101 practical strategies that can be utilized in the classroom or in one-to-one therapy treatment to support acquisition of core speech and language skills.
At the end of the day, you will feel better equipped to work with students with speech and language disorders and will be armed with an overflowing toolbox of powerful therapy strategies you can put to use immediately.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- 101 Highly Effective Therapy Strategies to Support Evidence-Based Practice – Whether You Are Providing Face-To-Face or Online Therapy
Add a plethora of new, easy-to-implement therapy strategies to boost your students’ speech and language skills
- Enrich Your Repertoire of Effective and Highly Engaging Speech and Language Intervention Strategies
Discover numerous ready-to-use therapy materials, including apps and intervention strategies to promote speech and language skills as well as academic success
- Implement Highly Effective Strategies for Classroom Success
Increase students’ ability for success in the classroom by implementing strategies that support speech and language during class, whole group work or independent work time
- Expand Your Intervention Strategies to Support Students Who Struggle with Auditory and Reading Comprehension
Add proven methods and therapy techniques to support students who struggle with understanding main ideas and supporting details in listening and reading
- Gain Practical Strategies for Students Who Struggle with Word Finding/Retrieval
Learn practical ways to increase word retrieval skills for letters, sounds, vocabulary, note taking, and test taking
- Add New Therapy Techniques For Students Who Struggle with Reasoning Skills
Gain useful strategies that can be used in the classroom to support students who require strategies for making predictions, inferences, and linking what they know to what they are learning
- Uncover the Connection Between Social/Pragmatic Skills and Academic Success
Learn additional techniques for targeting phonemic awareness to support early literacy success in the classroom
- Discover the Connection Between Speech Sound Disorders and Literacy Development
Connect speech sound disorders to morphology and phonology to support literacy development … Use generalization strategies through semantics and syntax to support reading comprehension
- Increase Strategies for Successful Collaboration Between SLPs, Classroom Teachers and Resource Teachers
- Receive an Extensive Language Therapy Resource Handbook
You’ll leave with a detailed language therapy resource handbook packed with step?by?step activities, materials and resources designed to make your speech-language therapy program more efficient and effective
Focus on specific ways to build a collaborative relationship with classroom teachers and resource teachers … Learn how to share practical techniques designed to target specific language processing skills that impact student learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Utilize innovative and easy-to-use language therapy ideas – executive function, target morphology, phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatic language skills including narrative skills and word retrieval – for use in your therapy whether working face-to-face or in teletherapy
- Motivating ways to expand your vocabulary intervention to target basic concepts, high content words, and curriculum?based vocabulary – apply strategies to target vocabulary development and comprehension
- Numerous inexpensive and effective therapy materials – receive an extensive list of materials, apps and websites that can enhance your therapy
- A variety of ready-made materials to target several language goals – ideas on how to use materials to target morphology, phonology, syntax, and semantics
- Increase your professional influence – learn how to “market” yourself and your knowledge about language development through evidence-based practices
- Extend the impact of your therapy program across the curriculum – tie your language goals to specific subject areas to increase academic success for your students
- Increase your participation as part of the MTSS/RTI team – learn strategies to lend your expertise to MTSS/RTI initiatives
- Merge current language lessons with reading, writing and spelling – take the next step with your therapy goals to support necessary academic skills across the curriculum
- Impact reading fluency and accuracy – learn strategies for morphology, phonology, semantics, and retrieval to enhance your students’ reading fluency and accuracy
- Research-driven strategies to support literacy development while targeting speech sound disorders (SSD) – students with SSDs score lower on assessments in morphology, phonology and literacy compared to students without speech sound disorders
- Discover new, easy?to?use language activities – update your toolkit of language interventions to better merge language with literacy instruction
- Utilize effective ways to become more interactive during therapy sessions – proven ways to present information in ways that students will learn more and retain more
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I am sure you would agree that the key to success in school for students is their ability to read, speak and write effectively. The development of language and speech skills is vital in giving students a strong academic start in school and is necessary for success in later years as well. When students struggle because of a speech or language disorder, their success in school can be delayed or jeopardized. As speech?language pathologists, we can play a vital role in helping students with speech or language disorders and can help to ensure academic growth and success.
In my many years of working as an SLP, and specifically working with students who struggle with speech and language development issues, I have developed an extensive repertoire of time?friendly therapy techniques that I am excited to share with you. It is my goal to share these highly effective, yet practical speech and language development techniques to help you expand your own therapy and instructional options – whether you are providing in-person or online therapy. A few of the topics I will cover during our day together include:
- Proven ways to strengthen vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, and written language skills
- Powerful techniques to target morphology, phonology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatic language skills including narrative skills and word retrieval
- Ways to align your language strategies to state expectations for language arts
- Specific ways in which you can be a more effective and supportive member of an MTSS/RTI team and/or collaborate more with the classroom teacher
- And much, much more
I am excited to share practical, timesaving ideas with you and to work with you to better serve students with speech or language disorders. My goal is to use our time together in the most efficient manner. Therefore, the seminar day will be fast?paced and focused on specific ways to increase and enhance your effectiveness as an SLP working with the school population, whether in a one-to-one situation or a whole classroom setting.
I promise, you will leave with an expanded toolkit of 101 ideas and a fresh perspective on how to better serve students who are struggling with a speech or language disorder.
Margo Kinzer Courter, MBA, MA, CCC-SLP, BCS-SL
P.S. This seminar will be filled with a 101 quick and easy?to?implement ideas that you can put to use immediately in your own SLP practice.
Who Should Attend
School-based speech-language pathologists serving Pre-K through Grade 12 students
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical therapy strategies for all language areas – whether you are providing therapy in-person or through telepractice
- Information linking evidence-based practice to your state expectations and educational curriculum
- Visual graphic strategies to implement in the classroom
- Visual phonics program for phonemic awareness, sound-symbol knowledge, and phonological awareness
- A list of apps for easy reference
- Ready-made resources for therapy
ASHA - CEUs
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Margo Kinzer Courter:
Presenter for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation. She is the owner and has intellectual property rights within MK Courter Communications, LLC and receives financial benefit from book sales.
No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.