Math Learning Disabilities: Supporting Students with Special Needs
Presented by Julia Taylor
Specifically Designed for Resource Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math Grades K-8
- Help break the cycle of failure that entraps your struggling students with math learning disabilities – show them the way out!
- Classroom-proven strategies for maximizing math learning and retention for your students with special needs
- Obtain dozens of practical strategies that work for students with math learning disabilities
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with timesaving ideas, samples, strategies, and resources to support you when you return to your Grades K-8 classroom
If you have students with special needs who grapple with a math learning disability, then this seminar is for you. In this NEW activity-rich seminar, JULIA TAYLOR will share her classroom-tested techniques that have proven successful for students with special needs who have a math learning disability. The focus of this seminar is on the most effective, innovative instructional strategies specifically for bridging the gap in learning. Julia's ideas are practical, innovative and academically rich. From struggles with math facts to solving challenging problems, you'll learn more effective ways to get quick results. Join Julia for an energizing, engaging day full of hands-on, powerful strategies and approaches and help break the cycle of failure that entraps your students struggling with math learning disabilities – show them the way out!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical Strategies to Increase Math Success for Students with Special Needs
Students with math learning disabilities often do not have fluency or understanding of basic mathematical concepts … Learn how to increase your students' math skills, develop understanding of math concepts and build their math confidence
- Proven Strategies to Help Students Gain Mastery of Math Facts and Procedural Fluency Steps
Discover kinesthetic, visual and pattern recognition strategies that your students with special needs can use to gain greater understanding and stronger fluency in operations
- Connect with Your Most Reluctant Learners
Dozens of instructional activities to connect with your most challenging Grades K-8 math students … Watch your students with special needs confidence grow as they discover they can do math
- Connect with Powerful, Free Web Resources
Gain access to dozens of free, ready-to-use resources, lessons and activities that will work well with your struggling math students
- Numerous Innovative Strategies to Support Students with Math Learning Disabilities
Discover a wealth of strategies you can use to make a dramatic difference for your students with special needs who struggle with math skills … Practical strategies to increase success
- Better Help Your Struggling Math Students
Learn direct and explicit multisensory teaching techniques you can use immediately to help students with math disabilities … Research-based ideas you can implement into your current practice
- Boost Critical Foundational Math Skills
Gain a wealth of specially designed strategies for building foundational math skills for your grades K-8 students with special needs
- Help Students Who Have Fallen Behind to Close the Gap
Learn practical strategies that students can use independently to overcome gaps in their math ability
- Help Struggling Students Stay Motivated
Learn motivational techniques that are proven to assist struggling students with special needs … Help them gain greater confidence and better enjoy math
- Receive a Comprehensive Digital Resource Handbook
Return to your school with an extensive digital resource handbook filled with ideas, strategies and step-by-step instructions designed to help you support the math learning success of your students with special needs
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Classroom-proven strategies for maximizing math retention
- Innovative ways to develop reasoning and deep-thinking skills in math to start thoughtful math discussions and strengthen visual processing
- How to develop quality math activities that address your state math standards
- Ways you can incorporate your current math curriculum into scaffolded engaging math lessons … Introduce technology tools on all levels to engage and reinforce key math concepts
- Proven strategies to better differentiate your class activities
- Highly effective ways to reach all students at their level of understanding to develop retention of new math concepts
- Ways to integrate visual math activities to engage students and develop spatial awareness and a deeper understanding of key math concepts
- Student-directed accountability tips to ensure students are on task and held accountable for their participation in their own learning
- Quick transitioning techniques to move students in and out of math activities and to bring awareness of pacing and time-on-tasks
- Incorporating less anxiety producing assessments "untimed" math fluency
- Practical strategies to make a dramatic difference for your students who struggle with math
- Teach students strategies to solve difficult problems
- Simple and engaging strategies for skill practice
- Dozens of practical strategies for helping your struggling students develop math fluency
- Fun, motivating ideas for teaching math
- Help students see their own role in learning math skills and concepts
- Web resources including free resources, lessons and activities
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
As a Math Specialist with over 25 years of experience, I know all too well just how critical it is to have dozens of practical, classroom-proven strategies that work for our students with special needs who have math disabilities. As a learner with dyscalculia – a learning disability in math – I understand the challenges of trying to compensate for a learning disability.
Just like you, I want every student to succeed. For those struggling with a math disability, we want success even more. I have created this seminar specifically to share the dozens of techniques and tools for making learning math more accessible for students like yours.
I invite you to join me for an interactive, engaging day. We will explore the best strategies to help your struggling students with special needs overcome the mathematical obstacles that keep them from believing they can learn and do math. I have first-hand experience with a math learning disability. I can explain this disability and the obstacles curriculum sometimes creates by not targeting strategies for the main area(s) of struggle. My goal is to give you the tools to remove math learning obstacles for the struggling student with special needs in your class.
P.S. Join me for an interactive day of learning and leave with an extensive digital handbook filled with dozens of practical strategies for supporting your students with special needs!
Who Should Attend
Resource Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math Grades K-8
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Dozens of ideas to create differentiated math lessons
- Numberless Word Problems
- Thoughtful activities to meet the various skill levels of your classroom Timesaving, stress-less ideas and daily routines to use immediately with students' visual math activities to promote visual processing
- Technology sites and apps to build interest and provide targeted math practice
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their Math program.
Julia Taylor will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own Math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.