Childhood Apraxia of Speech: Powerful Treatment Strategies for More Intelligible Speech
Presented by Kelly Vess, MA, CCC-SLP
Specifically Designed for Speech Language Pathologists Serving Children from Birth through Sixth Grade with Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Highly effective strategies to treat Child Apraxia of Speech (CAS) and other speech sound disorders … Proven ideas for in-person and remote therapy environments
- New and innovative cueing strategies for increased participation, quicker therapy gains, and greater generalization
- Differentiate CAS from other speech sound disorders to more effectively individualize treatment
- Receive an extensive Childhood Apraxia of Speech digital resource handbook full of information on how to provide best practice in the assessment, intervention and generalization phases for speech sound disorders you can use immediately
Practical Strategies for In-Person and Remote Therapy
In this outstanding NEW seminar, highly experienced speech-language pathologist, presenter and clinical researcher Kelly Vess, will present the most effective evidence-based strategies to treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS). Kelly will share highly practical ways to substantially improve communication skills for children with CAS and other speech sound disorders who must overcome multiple challenges in learning to speak clearly.
Each strategy Kelly shares will be clearly illustrated in a digital video format with interactive forms for your active participation. Using step-by-step guided practice opportunities, Kelly will show you how you can create your own highly effective therapy lessons as you infuse your unique strengths into these powerful evidence-based strategies.
You will leave this seminar empowered with the latest cutting-edge strategies to help you significantly increase therapy outcomes for all children with Childhood Apraxia of Speech and other sound disorders by applying evidence-based strategies proven in both in-person and teletherapy environments.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize Your Effectiveness in Treating Childhood Apraxia of Speech and other Speech Sound Disorders, In-Person and Online
Learn the most effective and cutting-edge therapy techniques to increase the effectiveness of your therapy for CAS and other speech sound disorders whether your therapy is in-person, online or in a hybrid environment
- Utilize a Neurodivergent Approach Based on Neurological Differences Prevalent in Children with CAS
Children with CAS don't learn to speak clearly through simple exposure to speech due to neurological differences in the brain … Learn proven ways to incorporate a distinct approach based on recognition of weaknesses and strengths prevalent in children with this disorder
- Apply Evidence-Based Strategies to Effectively Treat Diverse Groups of Children with Speech Sound Disorders
Use powerful evidence-based strategies that ameliorate speech sound disorders, ranging in severity from simple distortions of sounds to severe CAS
- Understand the Latest Cutting-Edge Research on CAS and What it Means for Your Therapy Program
Learn what the very latest research has found to be the most effective strategies in not only treating CAS but also other speech sound disorders
- Infuse Evidence-Based Practices with Your Unique Expertise to Advance Therapy
After evaluating therapy clips, you will be guided to create your own interventions using your own personal knowledge and experience
- Select the Most Appropriate Treatment Targets Based on Dynamic Assessments
Learn how to use Dynamic, Tactile, Temporal Cueing (DTTC) to maximally cue children to select challenging goals within reach
- Significantly Improve the Intelligibility of Speech for Children with CAS: Create Optimal Therapy Results
Learn proven ways to select the most complex treatment targets that are attainable for each child
- Efficiently Change Entire Sound Systems through Complex Target Selection
Learn how to ignite optimal gains so that later developing sounds promote spontaneous development of early developing sounds
- Select Treatment Targets that Can be Used to Promote Generalization
Make meaningful use of the same treatment target across activities, settings and people resulting in quicker gains that are more resistant to loss … Here's how
- Receive a Detailed CAS Speech Sound Disorders Therapy Digital Resource Handbook
Have information at your fingertips for therapy in how to provide best practice in the assessment, intervention, and generalization phases in an extensive digital handbook that you'll receive at this intensive day of training … Ideal for use in-person and in remote therapy
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to differentiate CAS from other speech sound disorders to individualize the most effective treatment in-person and online
- How to Identify "red flags" for language and literacy delays to proactively create a comprehensive treatment plan
- Strategies to dynamically assess speech to help you select the most appropriate treatment targets to ignite optimal change
- Engaging activities that build relationships and comprehensively treat students
- Powerful therapy techniques that effectively treat CAS as well as speech sound disorders in general
- Ways to globally impact language and literacy skills when targeting speech goals to create system-wide change
- How to select the most appropriate treatment targets that carry over across natural environments
- Innovative ways to use digital media to efficiently educate caregivers and other vested adults as intervention partners
- Powerful cueing techniques specifically developed by Kelly that reliably result in impressive gains
- Hands-on activities for home practice that provide active learning opportunities for both students and their caregivers
- How to create individualized interventions for your students using a wide base of evidence-based strategies
- How to dynamically assess the progression of CAS as it evolves into phonological disorders and articulation impairments with progress over time
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As a school-based speech-language-pathologist, my successes and failures in both providing and researching clinical practice over the past 17 years have enabled me to develop interventions that truly make a difference. It's been my experience that best practice is possible, even in the face of real-world constraints – both in-person and virtually.
In this seminar, you'll learn how to combine maximally effective strategies from multiple disciplines to comprehensively and more effectively treat students. Mastering these strategies will leave you empowered to not only treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech, but also better treat speech sound disorders in general.
From years of working closely with colleagues and graduate students, it is clear that each of us brings a unique brilliance to the intervention table. During our seminar I will provide opportunities for sharing our talents and experiences that will advance our work, which will have a lifelong impact for the many children we serve. Whether your therapy is in-person, online or in a hybrid environment, you'll leave this seminar with numerous practical treatment ideas you can use right away.
Kelly Vess, MA, CCC-SLP
P.S. I will provide plenty of simply explained, evidence-based practices and ready-for-use activities to illustrate how we can create "best practice" in both the real and virtual worlds.
Who Should Attend
Speech-Language Pathologists Serving Children from Birth through Sixth Grade with Childhood Apraxia of Speech
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Apraxia Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. This handbook gives you instant access to best practice strategies in the evaluation and treatment of CAS and other speech sound disorders.
The handbook includes:
- Evidence-based strategies you can use immediately – whether providing in-person or online therapy
- Educationally rich, engaging activities that comprehensively treat your students
- A simple step-by-step process to select treatment targets that will produce optimal change in less time
- Cueing methods that successfully elicit accurate production of even the most difficult to produce sounds
- Carryover methods that exponentially expedite gains across people, settings and activities
Share Ideas with Other Speech-Language Pathologists
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other speech-language-pathologists interested in strengthening their therapy for students with apraxia and other speech sound disorders.
Kelly Vess will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own therapy program.
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for Kelly Vess:
Consultant for the Bureau of Education & Research and receives honorarium compensation.
No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.