Best Technology Tools And Resources For Speech-Language Pathologists
Presented by MariBeth Plankers
Specifically Designed for School-Based Speech-Language Pathologists working with Students in Grades K-12
- Technology tools to assist your SLP assessments, progress monitoring and therapy interventions
- Innovative technology resources that will lower the barriers of learning and increase your students' success
- Powerful SLP data collection technology tools and resources
- Tech tools to optimize your SLP intervention planning and implementation
Practical Strategies and Materials
In this NEW seminar by outstanding Speech-Language Pathologist and Assistive Technology Professional MariBeth Plankers, learn the value of technology for more time effective assessments, interventions, and communications! Find out how technology can help you gain greater insight into your students' learning preferences, comprehension, and critical thinking skills. Make every day count in your practice with the use of technology-based tools and resources that your students can use to increase their communicative skills during and after your SLP sessions. Engage your students to become more successful communicators with highly practical technology tools and resources for the SLP. Technology is one of the best supports we have available to make speech-language assessment and intervention more time effective and efficient. When you attend this seminar, you will receive an extensive list of technology tools and resources that address the Big Nine areas in Speech Language Pathology and that you can put into practice the next day!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Powerful Tech Tools and Resources for Speech and Language Pathologists
Expand and update your SLP technology tools to provide the best speech and language therapy for your students
- Enhance the Power of Technology Available for SLP Assessment and Intervention
Increase the success of your SLP observations, assessment, and interventions across the Big Nine areas using innovative technology
- Using Technology to Motivate and Engage Your SLP Students
Student motivation is a critical component of your speech, language, and communication therapy sessions… Learn impactful tech tools and tips that will help motivate and engage your students
- Timesaving Tech to Provide More Efficient High Quality SLP Services
Time is of the essence… Let technology boost your capacity to teach critical skills for comprehension, narrative language, vocabulary, phonics, and phonemic awareness
- Tech Tools to Address Your SLP Learners' Wide Range of Diversity
Address diversity in all your settings and with all ages of students using technology for supporting both students and their families
- Tech Tools and Resources that Help Students' Self-Regulation
Incorporate technology-based sensory integration tools to help your students better maintain organization, participation, and achieve more successful outcomes across all settings and situations
- Help Your SLP Students Become More Confident and Independent Learners
Gaining independence is a life skill we want for our speech and language students… Learn how technology can help your students go from being dependent to more independent, confident learners
- Practical Tech Tools to Better Engage Parents and Families
Find out how technology can enhance communication with parents and families… Learn powerful tech tools that will help everyone get on board with your SLP goals
- Using Technology to Boost Your Struggling SLP Students' Literacy Skills
There are so many digital options for improving literacy… Learn the most effective ways to use technology in support of the reading and writing skills your speech and language students may be struggling with in the classroom
- Receive a Comprehensive SLP Technology Tools Digital Resource Handbook
Leave this seminar with your own comprehensive digital handbook filled with a multitude of technology strategies and tools perfect for your SLP program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- SLP technology tools and resources for assessment and intervention that will lead to more efficient practice
- Evidence-based technology methods and tools for better assessing receptive and expressive language, narrative and written language, voice, fluency, and articulation, and phonological skills
- Technology tools and resources to address the how and why of your students' learning
- Determine more accurate measurability of data for literacy for language, voice, fluency, articulation, and pragmatic production
- Practical ways to address the current goals and objectives embedded into your use of technology that align with state standards
- Engaging technology, online web-based and application resources for students that support communication skills and the development across a variety of disorders and communicative needs
- Generalization strategies and technology tools to carryover the work to "real-life" learning
- Numerous technology tools and resources for more collaborative planning
- Ideas to make your intervention planning and implementation more motivating, engaging, and effective for your students across all disorder areas
- Access Universal Design for Learning (UDL) considerations that will address the Three Principles: Engagement, Representation, and Language and Action
- Assistive Technology to customize your student's access to education
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
Regardless of my SLP services setting, technology goes with me wherever I go for work! I am beyond excited to share with you the most effective and efficient technology tools and resources that I have put into practice with my students. Since incorporating technology into my practice, I have discovered that all my students of all ages are more motivated to learn and experience greater success. I continue to see engaging behavior for technology-based learning, while becoming more efficient at helping my students meet and exceed their communication goals.
My goal for this one-day seminar is to provide you with numerous, highly practical technology-based tools and resources that you will want to put into practice on the next day. You will learn what is working in my own practice in the areas of technology use with assessment, progress monitoring/data collection, and intervention. I will model a wealth of technology-based assessments, data tools, and intervention resources to heighten your level of confidence and lower the inhibitions of technology use. You will be on your way to a quality technology-based seminar day with a digital resource site and extensive SLP digital technology handbook that will be readily accessible to you and your colleagues.
Please join me in this NEW seminar to learn technology-based tools and resources addressing assessments, data, and interventions that you can truly use immediately in your own practice. Come ready to talk, sing, play, read, move, and share a day packed with engagement, motivators, and ready-to-use technology ideas for the SLP serving students across various situations and settings!
MariBeth Plankers, M.S. CCC-SLP, ATP
P.S. I know how valuable your time is, so my focus will be on sharing practical evidence-based technology-based tools and resources to make your SLP work more effective and efficient.
Who Should Attend
School-Based SpeechLanguage Pathologists working with Students in Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to unlimited technology tools and resources. The handbook includes:
- "Learn it today – practice it tomorrow" assessment, data and intervention tools and resources for SLPs working in-person and online
- Technology-based tools and resources for supporting and increasing success with receptive and expressive language, literacy, narrative language, written language, pragmatics, articulation, fluency, and voice disorders.
- A variety of specific therapy strategies using technology to increase and maintain engagement and motivation for a variety of learners across ages
- Ready-to-use electronic tools and resources at the click of a mouse, plus a website with guidelines for sharing these technology-based tools and resources with families and colleagues.
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their SLP programs.
MariBeth Plankers will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own SLP program.
ASHA-Required Disclosure Statement for MariBeth Plankers:
Presenter for the Institute for Educational Development and receives honorarium compensation.
No relevant nonfinancial relationships exist.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.