Enhancing Your Psychology Instruction (Grades 9-12)
Presented by Susan Powers
Specifically Designed for Psychology Teachers, Health and Wellness Teachers, Social Studies Coordinators, Science Coordinators and Administrators
- Dozens of practical, hands-on and motivating activities to strengthen your teaching and increase active student participation in your psychology classes
- Accelerate your students' understanding of key psychology concepts with numerous new ideas and activities you can use immediately in your psychology curriculum
- Practical lessons, examples and tools designed to amplify your instruction, spark curiosity and increase student application of new content – no matter which psychology unit you are teaching
- Demonstrations, hands-on activities, resources, and a detailed digital resource handbook filled with ready-to-use ideas and strategies for your Grades 9-12 psychology program
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Is teaching psychology harder than it used to be? In this NEW highly engaging, interactive seminar designed specifically for psychology teachers, you will learn innovative strategies to strengthen your psychology instruction. It is of the utmost importance that all psychology teachers have easy access to high quality resources to guide and enhance their instruction. In this seminar conducted by Susan Powers, outstanding presenter and psychology educator, both veteran and new psychology teachers will gain an abundance of useful strategies and materials. You will leave with dozens of engaging ideas for your psychology class as you follow the recommendations of the National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula.
You will discover how to integrate the content areas, use teamwork, discussion, and design every psychology lesson you teach for student success. Practical resources, free to low-cost, will be shared along with project ideas, proven classroom activities, and assessment strategies. Susan will share exciting classroom-ready activities and resources to strengthen student motivation, and significantly deepen their understanding of psychology content. You can put all these strategies to immediate use in your classroom by using the extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar and filled with practical ideas for enhancing your psychology classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover Effective Strategies for Implementing National Standards in your Psychology Curriculum
Explore the recommended strategies, lessons, activities, and resources designed specifically to strengthen your psychology program … Receive a wealth of outstanding, practical ideas and techniques
- Accelerate Achievement and Increase Student Confidence
Jump-start your psychology classes with attention-getting warm-ups, activities, and lessons that you and your students will enjoy … Receive numerous ideas for boosting all of your students' learning and interest in psychology
- Make your Psychology Instruction Come Alive Using Hands-On, Interactive Strategies and Activities
Discover dozens of ideas, activities, and resources to increase student interest and achievement in your psychology classroom … Grab and maintain students' attention with numerous proven classroom strategies and American Psychological Association approved lesson plans
- Design Every Psychology Lesson You Teach for Student Success
Learn a proven framework for designing highly effective psychology lessons. Integrate content standards and learning targets into daily plans
- Develop Powerful Critical Thinking Skills in Your Students
Explore unique and practical strategies to ensure your psychology students develop the skills needed to analyze the validity of research results … Leave with ready-to-use lesson plans and activity ideas
- Connect Your Psychology Classroom to the Real World
Discover effective ways to inject relevant experiences that link contemporary issues to your psychology class content … Learn proven strategies to help students make connections through inquiries and discoveries
- Incorporate Student-Led Activities to Enhance Learning and Demonstrate Subject Competency
Think about assessments in a new way and discover innovative strategies that work no matter what psychology unit you are teaching … Develop student-led activities to engage your students through the use of real-world, psychological issues
- Use Inquiry-Based Strategies to Increase Student-Competency in Psychology
Utilize inquiry-based strategies that are classroom proven with students … Learn practical strategies to help students internalize key concepts and formulate their own questions to investigate research topics
- Create a Passion for Psychological Knowledge
Psychology is so much more than psychological disorders. Use the research-based approach to generate student excitement about exploring the many aspects of psychology
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
You will walk away with a comprehensive digital resource handbook packed with outstanding strategies, activities and resources designed to greatly enhance your grades 9-12 psychology program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Effective approaches to more successfully integrate National Standards into your existing psychology curriculum
- Engaging approaches to all psychological units
- Practical ideas for hands-on, interactive strategies
- Detailed guidelines for unifying the content in your psychology class
- A multitude of useful and valuable classroom-ready ideas to build a solid base for psychological content
- Templates and plans for effective psychology classroom instruction
- Proven methods for immersing students in classroom activities that enhance learning
- Useful web resources that will motivate and inspire your students
- Numerous project suggestions that encourage critical thinking without the need to purchase costly equipment or materials
- Strategies for jump-starting interest in psychological units
- Outstanding step-by-step examples of how to develop authentic, research-based instructional strategies that follow National Guidelines for High School Psychology Teachers
- Strategies to heighten awareness of diversity and equity in the field of psychology
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teachers of high school psychology face numerous challenges. For example, this discipline uses many specific terms, so teachers need to spend considerable time on vocabulary. Also, psychology teachers must help students understand entirely new concepts and, third, they may have to dispel pseudo information from unscientific sources. Last, but not least, psychology teachers have an enormous amount of vastly divergent content to introduce. Yet, the challenges are worthy ones because in today's world, the subject of psychology is becoming increasingly important. Psychology touches every aspect of our lives, from our ability to lead healthy lives and protect our brains to our social skills as we navigate complicated relationships. Psychology helps individuals learn how to cope with stress and it increases awareness and empathy about such social issues as mental illness and drug addiction. As a high school teacher with a very important and challenging subject to teach, how do you find the best classroom resources? How do you organize your curriculum for the maximum learning benefit of your students? How do you integrate the widely divergent topics psychology addresses? In this seminar, I will provide dozens of strategies to help you address these questions.
During this strategy and resources-packed seminar, I will share effective instructional ideas that are certain to engage and motivate your students by integrating various aspects of psychology into classroom activities. I will also demonstrate ways to jump-start student interest in the various psychology units with hands-on classroom activities. In addition, you will learn innovative ways of structuring student research that empowers your students and energizes your classroom.
This fast-paced seminar will help you enhance your current psychology curriculum by incorporating national standards and offering dozens of free or low-cost proven classroom activities.
Susan Marie Powers, Ph. D.
P.S. You will leave this seminar inspired and ready to use innovative strategies for your current instructional approaches, along with a resource handbook to help you when you return to your classroom!
Who Should Attend
Psychology Teachers, Health and Wellness Teachers, Social Studies Coordinators, Science Coordinators and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Highly engaging instructional techniques, practical activities, and classroom lesson plans designed specifically for psychology classes
- National Standards for High School Psychology Curricula
- Easy-to-follow strategies for integrating the seven key psychology units
- Examples of classroom plans with content standards and targeted learning
- Links, descriptions, and walkthroughs of the best websites for teaching psychology – QR Codes included for easy access
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their psychology program.
Susan Powers will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.