Maximize the Power of Your SMALL GROUP READING INSTRUCTION (Grades K-2)
Presented by Annemarie Johnson
Specifically Designed for Grades K-2 Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Dozens of effective strategies to enhance your small group reading instruction – regardless of the reading curriculum you use
- Powerful instructional routines to strengthen foundational skills including phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, and comprehension
- Demonstrations and examples of best-practice methods and routines
- Model lessons, digital resources, and an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical ideas, strategies, and activities you can use tomorrow
Are you searching for ways to both strengthen your small group reading instruction and make it more engaging and fun for your students? Join experienced teacher, literacy leader, staff developer, and instructional reading coach ANNEMARIE JOHNSON as she shares powerful instructional techniques and researchbased, classroom-tested strategies that really work. This seminar is designed to enhance any reading curriculum. During this interactive, hands-on seminar, you will gain insights as you see and experience demonstrations that model powerful small group reading instruction methods you can adapt and use immediately. You will leave with a wealth of highly practical ideas, strategies, and activities that you can incorporate into any grades K-2 reading program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize the Power of Your Small Group Reading Instruction
Expand your small group reading intervention options and learn how to more effectively implement flexible small groups … Best practices in conducting small groups for reading phonics, fluency, comprehension, and engagement
- Help Students Who Have Fallen Behind in Reading
Help your students who have fallen behind by responsively addressing gradelevel reading goals … Discover timesaving, practical tools and resources for differentiating to support K-2 students' unique learning needs
- Unlock the Secrets to Making Your Small Group Reading Instruction Stick
Explore strategies for making your literacy instruction more explicit, engaging, and permanent … Learn "stickiness principles" that will work well for all your K-2 learners, especially during small group reading instruction
- Discover Tips and Techniques for Managing Your Small Groups and Materials
Make small group reading instruction easier and more manageable with these outstanding organization ideas … Learn methods that will maximize your planning time
- Foster and Support Strong Foundational Skills
Use small group reading instruction to provide extra support with phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, and comprehension … Focus on the foundational skills your K-2 students need
- Powerfully Drive Your Small Group Reading Instruction
See how to use practical assessments to plan instruction that will meet each student's needs … Identify and address the diverse needs of your K-2 readers using step-by-step approaches
- Leverage Your Tier 1 Whole Group Instruction
Explore the important role your Tier 1 instruction can play in planning and maximizing your small group time … Leave with quick tips to strengthen your Tier 1 reading instruction
- Watch Model Small Group Reading Instruction in Action
See live demonstrations of small group instruction methods and routines … Leave with step-by-step models you can immediately try with your own students
- Increase Reading Motivation and Engagement
Make your small group sessions more engaging and fun for you – and your students … Discover how "reading props" can engage your students and make concepts stick
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook and Special Online Access
Leave with an extensive reading instruction digital resource handbook, packed with a wealth of small group instruction strategies that can be implemented immediately in any instructional setting … Receive special online access to Annemarie's growing library of digital resources – designed specifically for this seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative instructional strategies that expand your repertoire of small group reading instruction options
- Numerous ideas, strategies, and demonstrations to strengthen and enrich your current reading program
- Step-by-step ways to assess K-2 readers and create small group plans to address individual needs
- The secret to making reading instruction more explicit for your young readers
- How to anticipate the variety of ways readers struggle and to proactively differentiate your instruction accordingly
- Successful techniques for making in-the-head reading processes visible for struggling readers
- Flexible grouping options to help meet the diverse needs of your readers
- Practical tips for breaking reading skills down into step-by-step strategies to accelerate progress for students who have fallen behind
- Strategies for shoring up foundational skills including phonics, reading fluency, and literal comprehension
- Outstanding professional resources and websites perfect for strengthening your small group reading instruction
- A menu of "go-to small groups" that you can rinse and repeat to save loads of planning time
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – how to create differentiated small group instruction plans, the secrets of making your reading instruction stick, methods to motivate and engage your most reluctant readers, and more!
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
Most educators agree that small group reading instruction is a powerful, timeefficient way to meet the diverse needs of our students. But not everyone agrees on the best ways to structure these approaches. And even when we do, many questions and challenges remain.
If you're like many educators I've worked with, you have likely asked yourself questions including:
- How do I best form small groups?
- I want to use small groups, but how do I best implement them?
- How often should I meet with each student?
- How do I make sure my small group instruction is truly differentiated?
- What are the rest of my students doing while I work with a small group?
During our day together I will share dozens of methods and routines that you will be able to implement in your classroom immediately – regardless of the reading curriculum you use. We will also explore ways to support students in a variety of reading skill areas: phonological awareness, phonics, fluency, and comprehension.
Join me for a fast-paced, strategy-packed day that promises to energize you and take your small group reading instruction to new levels.
P.S. Your time is so valuable and taking a day out of your classroom can be challenging. I promise to make this a worthwhile day for you and to fill your toolbox with valuable resources.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-2 Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Tips and ideas for strengthening your small group reading instruction
- Practical, ready-to-use strategies to engage your grades K-2 students with hands-on, minds-on activities
- Effective ways to teach reading skills explicitly and systematically to positively impact literacy success for all students
- Engaging ways to scaffold instruction for K-2 readers through explicit teaching, modeling, and gradual release of responsibility
- Highly effective tips for motivating and inspiring even struggling and reluctant readers
- Special access to additional online resources and tools - designed specifically for this seminar
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in maximizing the power of their small group reading instruction.
Annemarie Johnson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.