Guided Reading: Maximize the Power of Differentiation
Presented by Bola Disu
Specifically Designed for Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Proven differentiation practices to dramatically enhance your guided reading instruction
- Innovative strategies that will elevate the effectiveness of guided reading and other small group experiences to better enable your students to achieve maximum instructional gain
- Develop expertise in differentiation as you are working with striving K-2 readers to close the achievement gap and make more than adequate yearly progress
- Receive a digital resource handbook full of strategies and resources to support your K-2 readers during guided reading and beyond
How can we combine guided reading and differentiated learning with other small group options to include leveled and more complex texts? How can we create more powerful small group structures that are flexible enough to allow us to move seamlessly from acceleration to enrichment, depending on the specific needs of each group? How can we blend our whole class and small group experiences to raise student growth in reading and differentiate literacy instruction to target specific learning needs? These questions, and more, will be answered in this strategy rich seminar presented by Dr. Bola Disu, nationally recognized expert on effective literacy instruction. In this NEW seminar, Dr. Bola Disu will share practical approaches designed to maximize the effectiveness of guided reading and differentiation strategies that will elevate whole class instruction and accommodate targeted support to meet individual learning needs. You will leave with a renewed sense of purpose and a treasure chest of easy to implement strategies, ideas, and procedures to maximize the effectiveness of guided reading and other small group formats designed to intensify learning to achieve maximum benefit of these experiences. If you are committed to providing high quality literacy opportunities for every student, every day, you won't want to miss this seminar!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Dramatically Enhance Guided Reading with Differentiation Strategies
Help all students reach the highest possible levels of success … Elevate and intensify the benefits of your guided reading groups in ways that will help your students achieve dramatic growth as proficient readers
- Strengthen Your Small Group Design by Using Varied Learning Options
Move beyond guided reading by including differentiation tools and other small group alternatives to strengthen and accelerate your students' reading progress and promote transfer
- Create a Dynamic Instructional Framework to Support Differentiation and Targeted Support
Implement more flexible learning opportunities by expertly blending whole class, small group, peer supported, and side-by-side learning
- Identify the Benefits of Guided Reading and Differentiated Instruction
Optimize your reading instruction by understanding what will help students to achieve accelerated growth
- Make Powerful Adjustments Designed to Ensure More Robust Guided Reading to Promote Increasing Student Independence
Adopt a perspective of positive differentiation to increase student success in achieving your goals through more engaging learning experiences that will increase engagement for learners within and beyond small groups
- Use Guided Reading and Other Small Group Settings to Explicitly Teach and Reinforce Specific Instructional Needs
More effectively promote skills and strategies within meaningful contexts to help students assume increasing independence as you gradually fade support
- Learn How to Design More Purposeful and Productive Small Group Extension Experiences After Reading
Enrich small group experiences by initiating authentic reading opportunities that reinforce and extend learning in ways that will increase the potential for transfer … Here's how
- Intensify Guided Reading Experiences in Order to Improve the Progress for Struggling Readers
Learn how to adjust the structure of guided reading experiences to target specific learning needs and intensify learning for students still lagging behind
- Redesign Your Classroom Environment to Elevate Student Progress
Modifications to create an instructional environment that will accommodate unique student learning needs
- Receive an Extensive Guided Reading Instruction Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques designed to help you make more effective use of guided reading and differentiation strategies for whole class and small group formats … All strategies are highly practical and ready for use with your students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Strengthen your literacy framework within a more balanced instructional design where guided reading and differentiation work in combination
- Fine-tune your current reading program to function at the highest level using varied approaches that will accommodate the learning needs of all students
- Raise the instructional quality of learning opportunities across the curriculum using a broad range of flexible learning options to support and differentiate your guided reading groups
- Build strategic knowledge using explicit modeling, thoughtful prompting, and timely feedback
- Identify the essential components of a high-quality guided reading learning experience that is differentiated to meet the needs of your students
- Elevate your guided reading lesson design by recognizing the most effective instructional moves before, during and after reading
- Implement a step-by-step small group lesson cycle to target specific learning needs with on-the-spot decision making
- Establish specific criteria to form, organize, schedule, and adjust your small groups more effectively
- Simple, easy to implement suggestions to maintain the flexible nature of small group learning
- Use guided reading as an instructional springboard to embrace unique learning needs within a wide range of small group alternatives
- Initiate informational texts in ways that will elevate your instructional efforts within and beyond small groups
- Use guided reading and differentiation to address the specific learning needs of students while increasing the potential for transfer beyond small groups
- Initiate a flexible toolbox of powerful literacy rituals to boost student engagement and reading achievement
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
As a reading intervention specialist and literacy coach, I know firsthand the challenges of working with Grades K-2 students during this COVID era. More students have fallen behind in reading than ever before. For a variety of reasons, many of our students arrive at our classrooms with shaky foundations and gaps in their literacy development. Implementing guided reading has proven to be effective in implementing differentiation strategies to address literacy gaps and build students as proficient readers. Join me for a great day of practical strategies that will increase the success of your Grades K-2 readers!
During this information-packed, interactive seminar, my goal is to provide you with the best strategies for implementing guided reading and differentiation strategies to support your K-2 readers. Employing these, easy-to-implement ideas will create a shift in your students. I will share ways to engage your students and make learning fun. We will focus on highly practical and impactful strategies.
I look forward to meeting you, sharing new resources, and leaving you feeling recharged and ready for the challenge of helping your Grades K-2 students succeed.
Dr. Bola Disu
P.S. You will receive an extensive reading instruction digital resource handbook filled with numerous ideas and valuable, practical strategies!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-2: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive digital resource handbook to help you immediately implement the strategies you learn from the seminar into your literacy program. The handbook includes:
- Tips, tools, strategies, and procedures for creating instructional experiences that will maximize the instructional power of your small group
- Dozens of open-ended forms and practices that can be easily adapted to any text or learning goal across the curriculum
- Specific high impact instructional differentiation strategies to intensify small group experiences to close the gap for struggling readers
- Practical suggestions to design small group activities that are flexible, dynamic, and powerful
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their literacy program.
Dr. Bola Disu will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own literacy program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.