Maximizing the Impact of GUIDED READING to Increase Your Students' Success in Reading (Grades 1-5)
Presented by Tricia Kitzmiller
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
- Proven practices to maximize the impact of your Guided Reading instruction
- Innovative strategies that will elevate the effectiveness of your Guided Reading
- Dozens of practical ideas to better target your students' specific instructional needs
- Easy-to-implement digital tools for more successfully working with today's readers
Practical Ideas and Strategies
The focus of this outstanding NEW seminar is on practical approaches designed to help you maximize the impact of your Guided Reading instruction. Learn how to create more powerful, flexible, small group structures, allowing you to move seamlessly from teaching students striving to meet standards to enrichment, based on specific student needs. In this strategy-rich day presented by national presenter and literacy instruction expert,Tricia Kitzmiller, you will discover ways to blend your whole class and small group instructional experiences to better differentiate your daily literacy instruction, strengthen your students' reading achievement, and much more!
You will leave with a renewed sense of purpose and a wealth of use-tomorrow strategies, ideas, and approaches for maximizing the impact of your Guided Reading instruction. This is a day you won't want to miss, particularly if you are committed to providing higher-quality literacy opportunities for every student, every day!
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize Your Guided Reading to Dramatically Strengthen Students' Reading Achievement
Elevate the benefits of your small group reading lessons to help your students achieve dramatic growth and become more proficient readers
- Boost Reading Growth for Your Students Who Have Fallen Behind
Learn more powerful ways to structure your guided reading instruction … Target specific learning needs and boost learning for your students who have fallen behind in reading
- Guided Reading Tips to Help Students Who Have or May Have Dyslexia
Learn how more easily recognize the needs of students who have or may have dyslexia … Best ways to help students with evidence of dyslexia overcome their struggles and leverage their strengths to become more proficient readers
- Identify and Avoid Common Pitfalls of Small Group Instruction
Make the most of your valuable instructional time … Optimize your reading instruction by understanding what will and will not help students achieve significant growth
- Elevate Your Guided Reading Instruction to Promote Student Independence as Readers
Make powerful adjustments to your reading instruction … Adopt a perspective of positive differentiation through learning experiences that will increase engagement, independence, and success for your readers, within and beyond small groups
- Explicitly Teach and Reinforce Specific Instructional Needs
Make best use of a variety of small group settings … More effectively promote skills and strategies in meaningful contexts to help students assume increasing independence as you gradually begin to fade support
- Design More Purposeful and Productive Small Group Extension Experiences
Learn how to enrich small group experiences through reading opportunities that reinforce and extend learning in ways that will promote deeper connections with text
- Redesign Your Learning Environment to Elevate Student Progress
Explore easy-to-implement modifications to create an instructional environment that will best accommodate and support unique student learning needs
- Guided Reading Strategies to Take Your Students' Reading Comprehension to the Next Level
Maximize the impact of your guided reading group with instructional practices that will improve your student understanding and comprehension … Practical strategies for both fiction and non-fiction comprehension instruction
- Receive an Extensive Guided Reading Digital Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with valuable strategies and techniques designed to help you make more effective use of Guided Reading and other small group reading instruction formats … All strategies are highly practical and ready for use with your students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to maximize the impact of your Guided Reading and small group instruction
- Ways to promote growth – help your students who have fallen behind in reading to make significant gains toward grade level
- Small group lessons that are data driven to promote more significant growth in reading
- Strategies to raise the instructional quality of learning opportunities across the curriculum using a broad range of flexible learning options to scaffold and differentiate content
- How to fine tune your current reading program to function at the highest level using varied approaches that will accommodate the learning needs of your students
- The essential components of high-quality small group reading lessons
- A flexible toolbox of powerful literacy strategies to motivate readers and increase student achievement
- Ways to boost reading progress by creating small group and collaborative reading experiences
- Specific criteria to form, organize, schedule, and adjust your small groups more effectively
- Ideas, Ideas, Ideas – the most effective instructional techniques, approaches to address students' specific needs, procedures to select and utilize text to accelerate new learning, strategies for strengthening your literacy framework, and much more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The past two years have delivered endless challenges for us as educators. Yet, they have also brought opportunities for new learning and positive change. As an experienced primary and intermediate classroom teacher and teacher trainer, I want to share with you the best of what I have found to be successful with real students in real classrooms. I am dedicated to helping my colleagues become better equipped with practical knowledge and skills to become more confident, organized, and efficient in delivering Guided Reading instruction. Let me help you plan highly effective, differentiated, Guided Reading that is more responsive to your students' ever-changing needs, and propels them forward in their overall reading performance.
During our day together, we will explore the very best ways to maximize the impact of your Guided Reading instruction to dramatically strengthen your students' reading achievement. I plan to share classroom-tested ideas that will help you make the best use of your time, using resources you already have. We will examine tools and activities designed to captivate and increase your students' achievement in reading. I will also provide you with engaging activities and ideas for keeping the rest of the class productively engaged in reading, allowing you to focus your attention on meeting the specific needs of the students in your small groups with grade level appropriate content and standards.
Please join me for a renewing, empowering day filled with strategies for providing instruction that will help your students become more successful readers. You will receive my Guided Reading digital resource handbook, specifically designed for this seminar, packed with a wealth of proven strategies and useful techniques for dramatically increasing your students' success in reading. I know how very hard the work has been lately, and for that reason, my goal for this one-day seminar is to provide you with easy-to-implement, practical strategies, and techniques you can use right away to make the most of the limited time you have with students in your guided reading groups.
I look forward to seeing you at my seminar!
P.S. You will receive my extensive Guided Reading digital resource handbook that I designed specifically for this seminar, which is filled with practical ideas and strategies you can implement in your classroom immediately!
Who Should Attend
Grades 1-5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Reading Instruction Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Tips, tools, strategies, and procedures for creating instructional experiences that will maximize the instructional impact of your guided reading groups
- Specific high impact instructional strategies to help improve the growth of your students who are below grade level in reading
- Practical suggestions to design small group activities that are more flexible, dynamic, and powerful
- Materials and resources you can easily adapt to any text or learning goal across your curriculum
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in maximizing the impact of guided reading for their grades 1-5 students.
Tricia Kitzmiller will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own guided reading program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.