Maximizing Student Learning While Working Smarter, Not Harder (Preschool - Kindergarten)
Presented by Sheri Sutterley
Specifically Designed for Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Literacy Specialists, and Administrators
- Dozens of outstanding ideas, tools and strategies to maximize students’ learning, thinking, and creativity while saving you tons of time … Work smarter, not harder!
- Strategic scheduling and planning techniques to make every minute count in your daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly programing
- Practical, timesaving strategies to greatly enhance your kindergarten instruction, while streamlining your productivity
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with time-efficient strategies, classroom management techniques, activities, and resources you can use immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Today, more than ever, our students are expected to read, write and demonstrate more advanced academic proficiencies at a very early age. But how can we best equip our students with a solid foundation on which to build their academic skills? And how can we “fit it all in,” keeping our classrooms and lessons child-centered and developmentally appropriate, while helping our students meet increasing demands and expectations?
This seminar has been designed specifically to address these questions! Sheri Sutterley has organized and created a day filled with practical, hands-on, classroom-proven and timesaving ideas to maximize learning in your Pre-K and kindergarten classrooms. The emphasis will be on ways to work smarter, not harder with your early learners while maximizing their learning. All the strategies and ideas Sheri presents will help you be more organized, efficient and impactful in your instructional practices, giving you back time for where you’re needed most.
You won’t want to miss this unique and fast-paced day filled with dozens of ways to help you maximize your preschool and kindergartners’ learning while saving valuable teacher time.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Timesaving and Highly Successful Strategies for Maximizing Learning
“Fitting it all in” is increasingly a challenge for educators working with preschool and kindergarten students … Discover classroom-proven, innovative ways to maximize student learning that will enable you to work smarter, not harder
- Build a Strong Foundation of Early Literacy Skills
Incorporate dozens of innovative ideas – literacy techniques, literature, work stations, prereading and reading strategies, and more! … Time-efficient ways to build the foundation your emerging readers need
- Tap Into the Power of Work Stations, Ideal for PreK and Kindergarten
Learn timesaving, best-practice ideas for incorporating work stations in your program throughout the year … Manage and organize work stations for the greatest impact
- Make the Most of Guided Experiences (PreK) and Guided Reading
Incorporate powerful, small group guided experiences and guided reading with your early learners … Valuable organization and management ideas to best meet students’ academic needs, and save you valuable time
- Incorporate Timesaving Shared, Modeled and Interactive Writing
Discover time-efficient ways to engage and empower your preschoolers and kindergartners as writers … How to capture your developing and emerging readers and writers in whole class, small group and individual settings
- Parent and Teacher Communication that Can Ultimately Save You Time
Proven ways to engage and invite parents to be active and involved … Explore the best ideas for using webpages, newsletters, emails, social media, and more to support student success
- What You Already Have in the Space That You Have
Find out how you can best use the materials you currently have in the space you have … Explore ways to make the greatest impact using what is already available in own your classroom or school
- Toss or Keep? – Managing Materials for Student Success
Gain back time with proven materials management ideas, including how to decide between what’s needed and what’s not … Learn ways to best manage both new and old materials to support your young learners
- “Fit It All In” – Making the Most of Your Schedule
Do you find your daily schedule gets “eaten up” with requirements and commitments? … Explore highly effective ways to maximize your daily schedule and make best use of the time you have
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
You’ll receive a resource handbook packed with use-tomorrow ideas, strategies and techniques … The handbook is designed specifically to support you in maximizing student learning while working smarter, not harder
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Timesaving, practical strategies you can use immediately to maximize learning in your preschool and kindergarten program … Save time and provide greater support to your students
- Dozens of useful and valuable classroom-ready ideas that will help you to teach “smarter not harder”
- High impact shortcuts to enhance your instruction while enabling your students to consistently perform their best
- A wealth of low / no-cost ideas and ready-to-use tools for enhancing instruction in your classroom
- Practical strategies that easily integrate with your existing curricula and practices
- Classroom-tested schedule ideas to help you plan your day, week, month or year … Make the most of your day!
- Practical tips for how to avoid “PreK-aos” or “K-aos” and build a structured, positive, creative and successful classroom
- Outstanding, time-efficient lesson planning, strategies and activities to support and accelerate early learning
- Powerful ways to strengthen early literacy skills while “fitting it all in”
- How to create a child-centered learning environment that is developmentally appropriate for preschoolers and kindergartners
- How to make the most of what you already have on hand in your classroom and program
- Outstanding, step-by-step examples of how to maximize student success with your high expectations
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Thank you for your commitment, enthusiasm and joyful energy for teaching our youngest students. As preschool and kindergarten teachers, we are in a demanding and “pressure-filled” environment each and every day. Over my years of teaching, I have seen the academic expectations of our youngest students change dramatically. We are the first teachers to emphasize educational standards that will follow our learners throughout their years of formal education. Keeping the focus on our students and helping them be successful, while “fitting it all in” is not an easy challenge for us.
I have designed this seminar specifically to help you maximize the learning of your preschool and kindergarten students, while working smarter, not harder. Our day will be devoted to exploring outstanding, timesaving ways you can best integrate the vital instructional approaches your preschool and kindergarten students need most. I want to equip you with the best, most current ideas and resources to help you powerfully support your students’ success, while “fitting it all in.”
I am excited to share with you the ideas, activities and strategies I have found most successful with my own students. Everything I present is practical, meaningful and easy to use within any program and with any curricula. Join me and experience the same joy of learning that your students will feel when they step into your amazing classroom. I personally look forward to meeting you at the seminar as we share our dedication and passion for teaching our youngest students!
Let’s work smart together!
P.S. You will also receive my extensive resource handbook filled with practical ideas you can use in your classroom tomorrow!
Who Should Attend
Preschool, Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten Teachers, Head Start Teachers, Instructional Assistants, Special Education Staff, Title 1 Staff, Literacy Specialists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Timesaving ideas to help preschool and kindergarten educators “work smarter not harder.”
- How to “fit it all in” – daily, weekly, monthly and yearly scheduling ideas
- Timesaving ideas for effective parent communication and great ways to get parents to help in your program
- Time-efficient, best practices for shared and guided reading instruction
- Smarter, not harder ideas for enhancing your writing program
- Innovative ways to maximize the success of work stations in your program
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other preschool and kindergarten educators interested in maximizing student learning while saving valuable time
Sheri Sutterley will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own grades preschool or kindergarten program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.