Guiding Pre-K and K Students to Better Behavior and Increased Learning
Presented by Michon Henegar
Specifically Designed for Pre-K Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Administrators working with Young Children
- Practical ideas to guide your Pre-K or Kindergarten students toward better behavior
- Restorative practices that reduce challenging behavior and increase potential for learning
- Help your early learners get on the right track for better academic and social growth
- Powerful ways to guide your Pre-K and Kindergarten students to more attention on learning
The school readiness gap is real and expanding. Young children in Preschool and Kindergarten don't always come to us ready to learn. Yet, we meet them as they are and begin to teach them to "do school" as they become introduced to so many new academic and social routines, skills and information. How do we balance all this new learning while also helping our students develop or maintain their natural inquisitiveness and desire to learn? We know that Pre-K and Kindergarten students excel when learning spaces come alive with opportunities to practice in all disciplines while simultaneously guiding young children to better behavior and higher levels of learning. By attending this seminar, you will learn how to better guide your students into more learning and better behavior, resulting in new levels of engagement and genuine participation. In this fast-paced oneday seminar, you will learn innovative tips and ideas for creating an early learning experience where the need for standard discipline is significantly minimized, leaving you with a feeling of rediscovering the joy in teaching. Plan to leave this seminar inspired by Michon's success strategies and her engaging stories and creative ideas. Join your colleagues and Michon Henegar in a day filled with dozens of practical strategies to help your Pre-K and Kindergarten students reach higher levels of engagement, better behavior, and increased learning.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Help Your Pre-K and Kindergarten Students' Improve Their Behavior
Practical ways to promote better behavior with realistic strategies that help students' focus their attention on the right things during class
- Decrease the Need for Student Discipline Practices
Learn classroom tested ways to significantly decrease the need for reactive discipline with pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Practical Ideas that Lead Young Students to Better Behavior and Success
Setting up better opportunities for learning with and from peers will show measurable results with young children … Learn tips and practical strategies you can use immediately
- Increase Your Student's Focused Attention with an Easy to Implement Guiding Strategy
Encourage your young students to maintain their focus on learning … Prevent unnecessary behavioral distractions with a guiding strategy that works
- Use Your Student's Natural Curiosity to Enhance Active Participation and Better Behavior
Help students find their positive voice and learn how to direct and guide them down the path of higher levels of participation … Watch your lessons result in more interest and better behavior
- Explore Engaging Hands-on Learning Ideas for Pre-K and Kindergarten Learners
Young children discover elements of content easier and faster with hands-on activities ... Help your students learn more and retain content better through innovative ideas for guiding discovery learning
- How to Guide Your Students Toward a Mindset for School Success
Discover creative ways to help your young learners overcome the challenge of learning small and large motor skills … Enhance this critical early learning skill while developing the early stages of a growth mindset
- Enhance Your Pre-K or Kindergarteners' Day with Productive Play
Incorporating opportunities for productive play into your students' day will lead to better behavior and focus … Learn effective ways to add purposeful play to your curriculum to create opportunities for guiding more appropriate behavior and increase learning
- Powerful Restorative Practices that Reduce Challenging Behavior in Pre-K and Kindergarten
Teacher-tested restorative strategies that are proven to reduce challenging behavior in Pre-K and Kindergarten classrooms … Practical ways to help your young learners succeed socially and academically
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook packed with practical ideas and strategies you can use immediately to guide your Pre-K and Kindergarten students to higher levels of engagement, better behavior, and increased learning
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to start independent inquiry with young learners… find out about curiosity bags and inquiry boxes
- Help your students overcome the challenge of developing small and large motor skills
- Learn how to build better routines for a more predictable environment
- Learn Pre-K and Kindergarten appropriate restorative practices
- High interest content lessons that promote high levels of engagement
- Group investigation model of teaching leads to higher levels of student-centered learning
- Implement a strategy of scholarly behaviors to guide more learning and reduce discipline issues
- Explore hands on learning for a higher level of engagement with young learners
- How to incorporate more Play into your day for better engagement and learning
- Discover online apps to engage families in guiding better engagement, behavior, and learning
- Practical strategies to set students up for greater early success at school and online
- Tap into student curiosity by using hot topics of interest
- How to hook students into more focused learning
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
As teachers, we understand that early childhood education is key to lifelong success. Our goal is to provide each student with the best possible learning experience where they can gain the skills needed to excel in our Pre-K or Kindergarten classroom and life. However, while we are focused on meeting the needs of each child in our classroom, we also encounter daily interruptions, such as challenging behaviors, lack of foundations, and experience gaps that create disruptions that interfere with success.
What if I told you that it was possible to have a classroom full of young learners engaged and thriving in the learning process every day? In this oneday interactive seminar designed JUST for Pre-K and Kindergarten educators, I will show you how you can create a classroom full of students who are focused, inquisitive, productive, participating, and learning at deeper levels. I plan to share with you all the practical strategies I have learned about how to reduce misbehavior and engage young students in more inquiry-based learning, personal ownership, academic play-based integration, and restorative practices. I am excited to share what has been successful in my classroom and in the classrooms of many of my colleagues.
You will leave this day with multiple ready-to-use classroom-proven strategies. Your students will learn to follow routines, ask questions, increase curiosity, and develop a love for learning. I look forward to meeting you and sharing practical strategies that will make teaching more enjoyable and your daily lessons and routines working like clockwork. Join us for this day of learning transformational techniques for improving your PreK or Kindergarten students' behavior and increasing their learning.
P.S. I will share proven practical strategies and tools that improve behavior and significantly increase your Pre-K or Kindergartener students' desire to learn.
Who Should Attend
Pre-K Teachers, Kindergarten Teachers, Paraprofessionals, and Administrators working with Young Children
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use thinking activities to guide your students to success
- List of easy-to implement centers that spark interest and participation
- Hands-on activities perfect for your Pre-K and Kindergarten students
- Restorative Practices ready for the early learning environment
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their young learners program.
Michon Henegar will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.