Strengthen Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program with the Best, Current Practices and Activities (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Carrie Flint
A Unique Opportunity for Physical Education Teachers Working with Students in Grades 6-12
- New approaches, ideas and activities for enhancing your physical education program
- Innovative approaches that can easily be added to your current physical education program
- Creative lesson ideas that you can immediately implement
- Demonstrations and an extensive resource handbook filled with ready-to-use strategies and activities
Practical Ideas and Strategies
With Carrie's experience of teaching and presenting across the country, she understands the issues facing physical education teachers in the 21st Century. New approaches and strategies emphasizing fitness and health are required to help all students develop lifelong habits that will help them maintain an active lifestyle. All the lessons, activities and methods shared in this dynamic seminar are based on the NASPE standards and have been field-tested and refined with secondary students.
This outstanding seminar will provide you with practical ideas, activities, lesson plans, and the sense of confidence for strengthening your PE program with best, current practices. Carrie Flint will give you a renewed enthusiasm for the discipline of physical education. You will leave this seminar with innovative ideas, practical methods, ready-to-use activities, and a comprehensive resource handbook full of materials to support you when you return to your program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Acquire New Approaches, Methods and Ideas for Strengthening Your Physical Education Program
Go beyond the "activity approach" to physical education and learn dozens of innovative teaching strategies for helping your students develop a healthy and fit foundation for the rest of their lives
- Make the Most of Your Limited Class Time and Planning Time
Make the best use of the limited time you have with your students to strengthen student performance with powerful, ready-to-use methods … Classroom organizational strategies that will help you make the most of every minute
- Enhance Your Repertoire of Teaching Strategies
Pick and choose from dozens of the best, current teaching strategies in physical education even if you have large class sizes and minimal equipment
- Use Technology Effectively and Efficiently
How to use technology tools to strengthen your physical education program
- Tips and Playlists for Using Music You and Your Students Will Enjoy
Enhance lessons by utilizing music as a time management tool and as a way to motivate your students
- Apply the NASPE Standards to Your Curriculum
The new physical education standards give us a blueprint for strengthening PE programs … Learn easy-to-implement ideas for structuring your curriculum around the NASPE standards
- Use Brain Research to Enhance Your Physical Education Classes
We know that exercise and movement can greatly increase the brain's readiness for learning … Discover quick and easy, intentional brain breaks that work well to refocus and calm your students when needed, and that students can learn to use in their classrooms as well
- Engage Your Reluctant Students
The new physical education standards provide realistic ideas and techniques for motivating reluctant students … Discover how to help students with limited sports experience or success develop the habits they need for a life of fitness and health
- Integrate New Assessment Strategies
Gone are the skill tests that favor the skilled athlete … Learn about the current, best assessment techniques that encourage involvement and progress by all students
- Become an Advocate for New Physical Education
Arm yourself with the latest, valuable research that supports the new physical education standards … Help everyone in your school and the larger community understand the indisputable importance of an effective physical education program
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Powerful activities, methods and ideas to strengthen your physical education program in grades 6-12
- Effective assessment activities for measuring progress and building success
- New methods for emphasizing learning while continuing to teach skills acquisition
- Ideas for using the latest technology tools to increase your students' performance
- Efficient ways to organize class time to accommodate the new focus on standards
- Specific strategies that address the learning styles of your students and adaptations to meet the needs and abilities of students
- Valuable tips for using cross-curricular activities that are practical and easy to coordinate
- Innovative ideas for helping your students set realistic goals in fitness and skills development
- Ideas, ideas, ideas for advocating for the new physical education standards with parents, administrators and peers
- How to incorporate the NEW NASPE standards into your daily lessons
- Ways that the new physical education standards can address the academic mission of the school or district
- Practical strategies for increasing the involvement of students with limited athletic background
- Resources and research that will provide you with up-to-date physical education practices
- Dozens of activities for engaging your students in learning essential physical education skills and concepts
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The primary goal of a physical education program should be to prepare students to lead a physically active lifestyle. In order for that goal to be accomplished, the discipline of physical education has evolved from being one where the learning of sports is the primary focus to one where sport activity is the vehicle by which students learn important concepts about physical activity. The experience that students have in association to physical activity in any environment (PE or recreational) will stay with them for the rest of their lives. Research has shown that if it is a negative experience, the individual will most likely live an unhealthy lifestyle as an adult.
As the discipline of physical education makes this shift in focus, the content and teaching methods of the discipline are also evolving. Standards-based instruction provides physical educators the opportunity to make changes in their program that will meet the interests and needs of today's students.
My goal is to provide you with practical strategies and ideas for making your physical education program the best it can be.
You'll leave this seminar with teaching strategies, motivational techniques, assessment methods, and a renewed commitment to the physical education profession.
P.S. This is not a "bells and whistles" seminar, but rather a "practical, doable solutions and strategies" seminar to make your physical education program the best it can be.
Who Should Attend
Physical Education Instructors, Instructional Assistants, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators serving Grades 6-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook, Strengthen Your PHYSICAL EDUCATION Program with the Best, Current Practices and Activities (Grades 6-12), specifically designed by Carrie Flint for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Numerous strategies for motivating students to be engaged in lifelong physical activity
- Details on several new curricular models that fit the type of schedules that are common in secondary schools
- Ways to incorporate current educational initiatives into the physical education classroom
- Information on grading and assessment that will highlight a variety of domains
- Practical activity descriptions that will be easy to incorporate into any curricular model
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their physical education programs.
Carrie Flint will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own physical education program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.