Improving Your Students' Behavior In Physical Education
Presented by Carrie Flint
Specifically designed for Physical Education Teachers, Specialists, and Classroom Teachers that teach Physical Education, working with students in Grades K-8
- Practical strategies for improving the behavior of students who repeatedly disrupt your PE lessons
- Help the challenging students in your class find greater success with physical education
- Reduce problem behaviors that disrupt learning and jeopardize safety
- Behavior tips and tools unique to the Physical Education environment
Join outstanding PE teacher and national presenter Carrie Flint for an innovative NEW seminar filled with practical strategies for all K-8 physical education teachers who want to improve student behavior. This is a unique and highly practical seminar geared specifically for the physical education setting. Teachers in all settings are faced with disruptive student behaviors, many of which affect not only one but all the students in the class. In the physical education setting, there are additional challenges to managing student behavior, such as larger class sizes, sharing teaching space, environmental factors, managing equipment, and daily schedule adjustments to name just a few. In this seminar, you will learn dozens of practical ideas that will help you create a more positive learning environment for all your students. Carrie has taken what she has found works to reduce misbehavior in her own K-8 PE programs and packed it into a day filled with her best strategies, lessons, tips, and adaptations of activities designed specifically to reduce disruptions and misbehavior. Whether you are experienced or new to teaching PE, you will walk away with exciting and engaging strategies you can immediately implement in your own PE program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Proven, Practical Strategies for Better Student Behavior in Your PE Class
Discover highly effective, proven strategies for decreasing your students' misbehavior in PE … Strategies that will help you guide challenging students toward improved behavior and participation
- Help Your Unmotivated PE Students Find Greater Success
Help unmotivated students gain more confidence to try and improve … Enable disengaged students to become motivated participants rather than disrupting learning for themselves and others
- Tips for Staying Out of Power Struggles with Argumentative Students
Power struggles with and between students are real … Learn tips and strategies you can use to stop power struggles and arguing immediately
- Practical Ways to Maintain Your Authority While Building Positive Student Relationships
Learn how to stay in control of your own emotions and maintain authority with even your most challenging students … Tips to build teacher-student relationships in your PE classroom
- Techniques for Immediately Handling Disrespectful Behavior in PE
When PE isn't their best subject, students with a fixed mindset may divert attention to avoid revealing an area of weakness … Practical strategies to quickly end or defuse their disrespectful avoidance behavior
- Ideas to Establish and Maintain a Safer and More Positive PE Environment
Create a safer and more positive environment where students can participate without fear or dread of their perceived lack of physical abilities … Learn new Ideas that can easily be implemented in your PE classes immediately
- Refresh Your Approach with a Powerful PE Class Management Strategy
Learn this creative solution to keeping your students continuously moving, minimizing down time and opportunity for negative behavior
- Better Ways to Deal with Distractors and Disruptors in your PE Class
Teach your PE lessons as planned without student misbehavior getting in the way… Discover how focusing on exercising the body and brain can help alleviate those unwanted distractions and disruptions
- Discover Ideas Designed Specifically for the Unique Behavior Management Needs of PE Teachers
Learn behavior management ideas to implement that address large class sizes, lack of equipment, teaching indoors and outdoors, creative techniques to make the most of your valuable PE instructional time
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook for Better Student Behavior in the Physical Education Setting
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical strategies, methods, activities, resources and much more to help you improve your students' behavior in PE
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Discover highly effective, proven strategies for decreasing challenging and disruptive behavior
- Create a safer and more supportive environment where your PE students can learn, and you can teach
- Strategies to reach reluctant and unmotivated students who don't want to participate in PE
- Proactive strategies to help you spend less time needing to address difficult student behavior
- Specific techniques that improve the behavior of students with sensory issues
- Music selection that will enhance your lesson and motivate your students
- Effective ways to remain emotionally neutral while dealing with difficult and defiant students
- Proactive steps to a more positive learning environment that will improve student behavior and increase engagement in your PE class
- Practical ideas and tips for addressing the wide range of skills and needs of all your students to create an inclusive PE program that meets the needs of all learners
- Specific behavior interventions and management techniques that work in the PE setting
- Practical ways to improve your students' overall mood and sense of well-being in PE
- Ways to maintain your enthusiasm and maintain your joy of teaching PE
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
I understand first-hand the frustration of creating an amazing PE lesson and then not be able to teach it as planned due to poor student behavior. Research has identified that teachers lose 5-9 hours a week on low level behavior issues such as not listening, off-task, talking back, disrespect, attention-seeking, or avoidance behavior, etc., not to mention occasional extreme behavior causing full-scale derailment of our PE lessons. Dealing with challenging behaviors in PE is nothing new. Compounding the problem, students became a little too comfortable with the sedentary nature of virtual learning and are now showing resistance to movement and exercise more than ever. The good news is that there is a solution, and I am prepared to share what I've learned works!
My primary objective with this NEW one-day seminar is to provide you with as many practical ideas, tools, and strategies as possible to help you guide your PE students to greater success, including those who seem unmotivated and disengaged when they walk into your PE class. I plan to share a lesson plan formula that will help you boost student engagement, and dozens of other tips, resources, and tools I have used to improve student behavior and significantly decrease disruptions in my own PE classroom. I can tell you, everyone is having more fun in PE class, including me!
It is a challenging time to be a PE teacher. However, there are proven strategies that will improve your students' behavior! In this one-day seminar, we'll explore many practical strategies and techniques to help you better handle student behavior in your PE classroom. I will provide you with a variety of ideas and activities that promote an all-inclusive and safe physical education learning environment. I look forward to sharing a wealth of practical strategies you can use in your class immediately to improve your students' behavior in PE and increase their productive participation.
P.S. You will leave with dozens of practical ideas and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement the strategies in your physical education classes!
Who Should Attend
Physical Education Teachers, Specialists, and Classroom Teachers that teach Physical Education, working with students in Grades K-8
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Practical strategies to deal with your most challenging and disruptive students in PE
- Specific behavior interventions and management techniques you can use immediately
- Innovative new methods to help you put an end to power struggles
- Behavior improvement techniques designed specifically for the Physical Education environment
- Tools you can use immediately to improve your student's' behavior in PE
- Strategies and techniques to better handle student behavior in your PE class
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their PE program.
Carrie Flint will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own PE program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.