Maximize the Power of GUIDED MATH Using Practical MATH TASKS to Increase Students' Excitement and Success (Grades K-6)
Presented by Ryan Doetch
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Math Specialists, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-6
- Current, best Math Tasks, activities and strategies designed to maximize the power of Guided Math to help students acquire key mathematical skills
- Effective strategies for reaching all students – motivate reluctant learners, support struggling students and stretch highly capable students
- Outstanding, practical strategies and tools to facilitate in-depth mathematical thinking and learning
- Highly effective and practical classroom-tested resources perfect for Guided Math and any math program or grade level
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Strengthen your students' success in Guided Math with highly effective Math Tasks that build deep thinking and engage students in rich mathematical learning. Discover the latest research-based strategies in mathematics education for developing strong conceptual understanding in grades K-6 students. Explore outstanding Math Tasks that can be easily used with any math program or curriculum.
Create a Guided Math classroom in which ALL students successfully design their own solutions, engage in productive struggle and connect complex mathematical ideas. In this energizing and dynamic NEW seminar, Presidential Awardee for Excellence in Mathematics, international presenter, author, and educator Ryan Doetch will share the latest research-based, practical strategies and resources to strengthen your students' math skills.
Walk away with Math Tasks and strategies perfect for helping ALL students – from those who struggle to those who excel – to reach greater levels of engagement, persistence and success in mathematics.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Highly Effective and Practical Math Tasks to Maximize Guided Math Learning
Promote deeper thinking and learning in your grades K-6 students … Provide greater opportunities for ALL your Guided Math students to experience mathematics as meaningful, challenging and worthwhile
- Accelerate Student Progress in Guided Math
Math Tasks are a highly effective tool you can easily incorporate into Guided Math … Greatly enhance the power of your Guided Math program – here's how!
- Practical Math Tasks to Differentiate Your Guided Math Instruction
Discover practical Math Tasks for implementing small, Guided Math instructional groups and math centers that will build and reinforce your students' math skills
- Replace Worksheets with Rich Math Tasks Accessible to All
Learn about mathematical tasks, which replace worksheets to develop strong conceptual understanding, problem solving, procedural fluency, and opportunities for all students to engage in meaningful, rigorous mathematics
- Foster Rich Mathematical Thinking and Learning
Engage your Guided Math students in highly effective and engaging Math Tasks in which students start the same, end the same, but derive the answer using their own strategies
- Reduce Math Frustration and Guide Student Learning
Gain fresh, new ideas and Math Tasks for helping reduce students' frustrations in math … How to guide learning when students need it most and extend learning when students are ready to move on
- Maximize Intensification Instead of Remediation
Make the most of Cognitively Guided Instruction to support struggling students through approaches that use intensification instead of remediation … Remove obstacles that obstruct your students' learning progress in mathematics
- High-Level Cognitively Challenging Math Tasks Your Students Need
Set the stage for powerful math growth now and in the future … How to create, select and use Math Tasks that strengthen reasoning and foster mathematical success
- Build Confidence, Especially in Students Who Struggle With and Dislike Math
Redefine what it means to be good at math by fostering growth mindset, persistence and perseverance … Build a culture where your students learn from mistakes, embrace challenges and put forth their best effort in achieving goals
- Receive an Extensive Guided Math Math Tasks Resource Handbook
You will receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, detailed techniques, and Math Task resources … Gain special access to Ryan's website, containing additional resources, blackline masters, manipulatives, reproducibles, interactive whiteboard lessons, and templates
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative, hands on, interactive activities to meet students' diverse needs and increase their success within your Guided Math program
- Strategies to maximize student progress – prevent future failures, help students catch up and help those who are ready to move quickly ahead
- Highly effective and practical approaches, techniques and Math Tasks that will develop deeper and richer understanding of mathematics
- Outstanding instructional strategies you can use daily to increase your students' motivation, engagement and success in Guided Math
- Dozens of effective math resources, lessons and activities that support busy educators and work with any curriculum or program
- Take your Guided Math lessons to the next level – how to make the most of Math Tasks to engage student learning and strengthen problem solving
- The most effective research-based and practical strategies, examples, detailed techniques, and resources to support, motivate and engage students in mathematics
- Techniques to help students who struggle in math to go on to higher levels of achievement, engagement and persistence
- Practical Math Tasks and strategies to jumpstart students' thinking skills and increase ownership of their own Guided Math learning
- Outstanding strategies for positively intervening with students when they fall behind in math
- Work smarter, not harder … Math Tasks that change students from doers to thinkers who actively engage in meaningful practice and development of essential math skills
- Gain special access to Ryan's website which is full of lesson plans, black-line masters, manipulatives, reproducibles, interactive lessons, and much more!
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I have focused the past five years on successfully helping fellow teachers and colleagues answer the following questions:
- How do I get all my Guided Math students to solve challenging math problems when they just want me to do all the work for them?
- What can I do during my Guided Math lessons to engage my entire class when everyone is at different learning stages?
- How can I shift my math lessons so my students are doing the heavy lifting and learning instead of me?
Like you, I work with real students – who have real gaps in their learning, are at different learning stages and who need both enrichment and intensification. I am excited to share the best of what I've found to be successful.
My ultimate goal is to inspire, educate and empower you to greatly enhance your instruction and your students' success in Guided Math – no matter what curriculum you use. Knowing what research says about effective math instruction is one thing, but often we may not know what that actually looks like in real classrooms with a range of diverse learners. I want to show you in very practical terms how you can create and use Math Tasks which are accessible enough for your struggling students, and yet simultaneously challenging for your most advanced students. I will provide you with everything you need to greatly enhance your current program and increase your students' reasoning, problem solving and success in math.
I am genuinely excited to share my knowledge and resources to help you transform and inspire your students as mathematicians. Come and enjoy a productive day, learning how to maximize the power of your Guided Math program using Math Tasks to increase students' excitement and success in mathematics.
P.S. I want a former student to return one day and say you were the reason why they were inspired and became successful in math.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Instructional Coaches, Math Specialists, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-6
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Math Tasks Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Powerful Math Tasks and activities that enable Guided Math students to develop strong mathematical knowledge
- Hands-on ways to increase student interest, problem solving, and success in Guided Math
- Dozens of highly effective math resources, lessons and activities that can be used with any curriculum or program
- Special access to Ryan's website, which is full of lesson plans, black-line masters, manipulatives, reproducibles, interactive lessons, and much more!
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in maximizing the power of Guided Math using practical Math Tasks.
Ryan Doetch will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.