Increasing Your Students' Mastery of Math Facts and Mental Math Skills (Grades 1-5)
Presented by Sherri Adler
Designed for Educators Serving Grades 1-5: Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Math Coaches, and Administrators
- Numerous, practical strategies and lessons to develop students’ mastery of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts
- Increase your students’ fluency with math facts and strengthen their mental math ability
- A wealth of practical and creative grades 1-5 math activities and resources that are easy to implement
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with ideas, lessons and student samples you can use in your own grades 1-5 classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Are you looking for ways to increase your students’ efficiency and accuracy with math facts? Do you want your students to more successfully compute addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts with speed and accuracy? Would you like to increase your students’ number sense by strengthening their mental math abilities? This outstanding seminar is designed for grades 1-5 teachers who want innovative, classroom-tested ideas and activities that enhance students’ proficiency with math facts and mental math.
Sherri Adler will provide you with many outstanding, practical strategies and hands-on lessons to teach math facts and strategies to students in grades 1-5. While the focus will be on increasing students’ mastery of math facts, other areas that will be addressed include increasing students’ number sense and problem-solving skills by strengthening their mental math abilities. You will leave this fast-paced seminar with dozens of practical strategies and ideas to help your grades 1-5 students feel good about mathematics and demonstrate proficiency mastering math facts.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase Your Students’ Mastery of Math Facts
Numerous, practical strategies specifically designed for grades 1-5 … Build mathematical understanding and help students compute addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts with speed and accuracy
- Unlock the Power of Mental Math
When students understand how to manipulate numbers mentally, they can solve math problems with more confidence and accuracy … Learn how to build mental math skills that pay big dividends
- Innovative Ideas to Introduce and Reinforce the Teaching of Mathematics
Classroom-tested lessons for whole class and small group math instruction, all designed specifically for grades 1-5 … Dozens of ready-to-use lessons
- Help Your Students Communicate Their Mathematical Thinking
Develop simple writing activities that extend thinking, deepen understanding, enhance mathematical communication, and increase students’ understanding and development of conceptual thinking
- Design Lessons for a Variety of Math Abilities in Your Grades 1-5 Classroom
Use lessons that provide opportunities to develop strategies for students of varying abilities … Strengthen the computation and math reasoning skills of all your students including those who struggle with basic math facts
- Engage Your Students in Activities that Develop Number Sense
Go beyond rote memorization of facts … Learn ways to build your students’ understanding of math concepts and increase their success in thinking mathematically
- Prepare Students for More Advanced Mathematical Concepts
As your students’ number sense and understanding increases, so will their computational skills … Receive numerous developmentally appropriate strategies to help students practice and increase their math skills
- Maximize the Success of All Your Students
Return to your classroom with dozens of ideas designed to strengthen the math facts, knowledge and mental math skills of ALL your students
- Address the Most Common Computational Mistakes
Help students understand the most common errors made while making computations … Discover how to teach your students to detect possible pitfalls and potential errors before they turn in their work
- Receive an Extensive Math Facts Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital handbook, which includes dozens of practical math lessons and activities specifically for students in grades 1-5 … You can immediately implement all these outstanding ideas
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Discover the three stages students need in order to master their math facts and how to teach these three stages in grades 1-5
- Dozens of hands-on lessons you can use to strengthen your grades 1-5 students’ understanding and use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division facts
- Innovative ways to increase your students’ ability to write about their mathematical thinking
- Developmentally appropriate strategies for grades 1-5 students that will increase their computational skills
- Creative, fun ways to increase the mental math skills of your students
- How to increase your students’ understanding of our number system
- Many practical techniques that strengthen the use and understanding of math language and skills
- Effective ways to extend beyond rote memorization and increase your students’ number sense
- Creative ideas for whole class and small group activities
- Numerous ways to create a math-rich environment
- Discover highly effective alternative assessments to timed fact-fluency tests
- Simple ideas that parents can use at home to help their children learn their math facts
- Practical ways to assess your students’ understanding of math concepts through their mathematical thinking
- Techniques to make math more meaningful by using math language and vocabulary every day
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Development and understanding of number sense is vital to a student’s understanding and learning of addition, subtraction, multiplication and division math facts. Students need strategies that allow them to learn these facts and how to transfer these skills to more and more complex mathematical problems.
What appropriate techniques can educators use to help students master math facts? What academic activities will most benefit students? What alternatives are there to timed math tests? During our day together, I will provide you with a variety of strategies so your students CAN master math facts, as well as develop strong number sense by increasing their mental math abilities.
I am very excited to share many outstanding, classroom-tested ideas that you can easily adapt to fit the needs of your own grades 1-5 math program. Throughout the day, we will learn how to engage students in many independent, partner, small group, and whole group activities/lessons designed for mastering addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division math facts. In addition, I will provide assessment ideas and suggestions. I will share many hands-on activities that will easily become part of your daily math instruction, and activities and academic games that your students will beg you to do with them again and again!
Some of the ideas I will present include:
- Practical and creative activities you can easily incorporate into your grades 1-5 classroom, no matter what curriculum you use
- Developmentally appropriate techniques to strengthen student learning of math facts
- Numerous strategies designed to increase your students’ accuracy and proficiency with math facts
- Fun, motivating ways to increase your students’ mental math abilities
I look forward to meeting you soon!
P.S. I will provide you with the strategies you need so that your students CAN master their math facts.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 1-5: Classroom Teachers, Math Specialists, Interventionists, Resource Specialists, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Math Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Easy-to-implement ideas for teaching math facts in grades 1-5
- Ready-to-use activities and handouts that are developmentally appropriate for grades 1-5
- Alternative assessment ideas to timed math tests
- Practical strategies to increase student involvement, interest and achievement in math
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in increasing mastery of math facts and mental math skills in their grades 1-5 students.
Sherri Adler will be available during the seminar to answer individual questions and discuss the unique needs of your math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.