Motivating Your Resistant and Reluctant Learners (Grades 3-12)
Presented by Anissa Moore
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers Grades 3-12, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Counselors, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
- Improve reluctant students' motivation and participation in your classroom
- Powerful solutions for helping your resistant learners get more interested and involved
- Focus more on teaching and spend less time trying to motivate unwilling learners
- Receive an extensive digital resource handbook with practical resources you can immediately implement
Are you experiencing an increased number of resistant and reluctant students in your classroom? Do you feel like you are spending too much time trying to gain back student interest and improve participation? Are you dealing with more shut-down behaviors, defiant responses, or students simply reluctant to engage? If so, you will not want to miss this NEW seminar from ANISSA MOORE, an outstanding educator with nearly three decades of experience boosting school success for unmotivated students of all ages.
Join Anissa for a full day of practical motivational strategies, practical lessons, and engaging activities to reach the the reluctant, unmotivated students in your classroom who seem resistant to learning. You will discover dozens of new ways to improve your students' internal desire to learn and succeed. By better understanding the variables surrounding your students' reluctance to engage, you can better implement more prescriptive and individualized techniques that will energize students, build their proficiency, and help them learn how to find their own inspiration and motivation to succeed. You will leave this seminar with practical strategies, dozens of ideas, and a can-do mindset that will immediately carry over into your classroom and positively impact student motivation and success. Walk away with a valuable motivation digital resource handbook that provides you with ready-togo tools and a renewed sense of purpose in helping resistant and reluctant students succeed in your classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Increase School Success for Your Reluctant Learners
Learn NEW and powerful alternatives to traditional motivators that will help your reluctant students and significantly increase their learning
- Help Your Resistant and Disruptive Students Be More Motivated and Better Behaved
Motivation and behavior go hand in hand … Gain practical ideas you can use immediately for identifying and teaching more positive replacement behaviors to help disruptive, defiant, and withdrawn students become more involved with learning, while improving their behavior
- Improve Your Unwilling Students' Defeated Mindset
Discover proven ways to transform your students' mindset and confidence … Boost self-efficacy and motivation for those students who are reluctant to participate in your learning activities
- Eliminate "I Don't Care" Attitudes and Behaviors
Students often struggle with asking for help or accommodations, which leads to lack of motivation and "shut-down" behaviors … Learn practical ways to turn these behaviors around and increase your students' class participation and success
- Get Unmotivated Students Back on Track
Understanding the individual variables that hinder student motivation can assist you in breaking down those barriers … Learn practical strategies to quickly get your unmotivated students back on track
- Improve Task Initiation and Task Completion
Sometimes just getting started on a task is half the battle … Learn classroom-tested strategies to help your students more consistently get started and stay motivated enough to finish all their learning tasks
- Reaching Your Hard-To-Reach Students
Learn practical strategies to help your hard-to-reach students develop more self-determination, motivation and positive connections with teachers and peers … Significantly increase your students' social and academic competence level and their overall school success
- Keys to Improving Your Resistant and Reluctant Students' Motivation
Build your reinforcement toolbox with ideas, strategies and resources to go from heavier, external reinforcers to less-tangible, more intrinsic and readily accessible reinforcement options
- Help Discouraged and Underachieving Students Become More Willing Learners
Discover powerful examples for improving your students' self-motivation by boosting their growth mindset … Enhance your existing lessons with practical and easily incorporated ideas that will get them back on board
- Receive an Extensive Student Motivation Digital Resource Handbook
Each seminar participant will receive a digital resource handbook filled with practical strategies, activities, and techniques to help you teach and encourage your resistant and reluctant students
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to break down the barriers to reach your resistant learners
- Effective, powerful engagement and motivation activities to use every day with all students
- FREE and easy-to-use ways to boost your students' motivation to learn
- Practical ideas to help students who refuse to work or participate
- Techniques for teaching self-determination and self-advocacy for improved school success
- Ready-to-use lessons that encourage self-motivated academic task initiation and completion
- Concrete ways to help your reluctant students identify the best in themselves and bring that confidence to every lesson
- How to distinguish a "can't do" behavior from a "won't do" behavior, applicable before, during, and after expectations are given
- Practical examples to teach and expand a student's growth mindset and boost engagement
- Examples of effective student activities to increase motivation outside of tangibles and grades
- Tips and tools for decreasing reluctancy and increasing self-motivation
- Engaging ideas for presenting lessons that promote more attention, interest, and participation
- Doable and effective techniques to decrease challenging off-task behavior and improve student accountability and response
- Respond more effectively to your students' "I don't care…" attitudes and actions
- Inspirational and motivational activities you can incorporate into your daily lessons
A Message from Your Seminar Leader
I get it. I see you, and the students you're trying to help. Each day you put in hours of your own effort to help all your students grow and achieve, while faced with the challenge of meeting the unique needs of your reluctant and resistant unmotivated learners. More and more post-pandemic students are coming back into classrooms presenting an increased challenge of getting – and sustaining – focus, engagement, and motivation. Unmotivated students may refuse to follow directions, argue, withdraw from classroom discussions, or shut down completely. They are reluctant to participate and resist learning with challenging behaviors. While we strive to encourage students to perform, it helps to consider new and innovative ways to get students to better motivate themselves to be more successful at school. Wouldn't that be a nice change?
Good news! During our day together, I will give you dozens of practical ideas and proven methods to better reach the unmotivated and underachieving students in your classroom. We will take a closer look at your existing strategies and take your current classroom practice to the next level – Motivation and Inspiration 2.0! With innovative tools that enhance your academic presentations, student accommodations that support a variety of response options, extrinsic-to-intrinsic strategies, and a more positive climate, you can transform your "I can't" and "I won't" students into those who can, will, and DO!
Whether you have students with special and diverse needs, students who are underachieving, or students that just don't seem to care about being at school, I have created this seminar to help you take your students to new levels of selfmotivation and success. You and I will spend the day with one focus in mind: to increase your students' ability to motivate themselves and achieve higher levels of school success. Students will feel empowered by the strategies you will teach and model for them, and YOU will feel empowered when you see your newly acquired tools working to make your teaching more enjoyable and rewarding.
I invite you to join your colleagues for this day of learning best practice approaches and practical strategies to help your resistant and reluctant students develop more self-motivation and success. I look forward to meeting you and inspiring you to expand the limitless potential that you and your students both have.
Anissa Moore, M.Ed., BCBA, LBA
P.S. Be prepared to leave with ready-to-start ideas you can implement as soon as you return to school!
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers Grades 3-12, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Counselors, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Title I Staff, Instructional Coaches, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Specific strategies and techniques to help motivate reluctant learners
- Activities to help identify and address the factors that impede student self-motivation
- Attention-grabbers and lesson accommodations to support resistant and reluctant learners
- Easy-to-implement reinforcement tips and strategies for more immediate motivation
- Examples of self-determination and self-advocacy activities you can use immediately
For in-person seminars, registrants will also receive a printed copy of the resource handbook as long as their registration is received in the BER office at least 15 calendar days before the event.
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their skills and techniques.
Anissa Moore will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.