Strengthen Students' Mindfulness: Increase Your Students' Self-Control While Reducing Anxiety and Challenging Behaviors
Presented by Susan Jones
Specifically Designed for Grades K-12 Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Incorporate MINDFULNESS strategies and activities to better focus students’ attention, regulate emotions and reduce anxiety that can cause challenging behaviors
- Practical strategies for helping your students develop important skills to increase learning and productive behavior
- Help students better manage frustration, reduce anxiety and impulsive behaviors … Help your students work more constructively toward personal and academic goals
- Why MINDFULNESS is so relevant and how it will greatly benefit all your students during this most unique school year and the years to follow
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Imagine your students with improved self-control and less feelings of anxiety as they approach school. We need our students to be better equipped to handle the turbulence associated with life’s challenges and the changing learning environments they have experienced over the last year. Join outstanding and motivating national speaker, Susan Jones, in this full-day, idea-packed seminar that focuses on practical and doable strategies to increase your students’ mindfulness to help them find greater school and social success. Many challenging and disruptive behaviors are caused by lack of awareness and understanding of how the brain works. With mindfulness practices, they will be better equipped to self-regulate, recognize, and handle the emotions that cause the behaviors that get them in trouble. In addition, these teacher-tested mindfulness practices will enhance your students’ ability to focus during instruction, which can result in higher achievement. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to gain innovative and new ways to reduce challenging behaviors that get in the way of your teaching and students’ learning.
You will leave with numerous strategies to teach students to be more aware of their emotions, reactions and frustrations that impact their ability to focus and increase learning and success in school.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Why MINDFULNESS is So Relevant Today and How it Greatly Benefits ALL Your Students
Discover the key benefits of mindfulness and how it can make a significant difference for you and your students … Learn practical strategies to help your students get back on track and stay there
- Strategies to Help Students Reduce Anxiety and Anger
Learn mindfulness practices that will help your students increase self-reflection and self-calming in difficult situations … Decrease anxiety so students feel safe and can focus more on instruction
- Decrease Disruptive Behaviors That Can be Caused by a Lack of Mindfulness
Address disruptive student behavior caused by negative emotions that surface when students feel threatened … Ideas you can use immediately
- How to Help Students Respond Rather Than React
Many challenging behaviors we see in school are caused by students’ immediate reactions … Teach them the replacement strategies to respond in more productive ways that are not combative and defensive and do not get them in trouble
- Mindful Awareness, Mindful Listening, and Perspective Taking
When your students better understand their own anxiety, they will become more aware of their own reactions and behavior, become better listeners, and improve their ability to comprehend another perspective
- Teach Students to Let Go of Negative Self-Talk and Choose Optimism
Many students cannot get past negative self-talk as well as negative attitudes about seemingly everything … How you can help them to see and act on the positive and choose optimism
- Learn How to Make Little Changes That Leave Big Impressions
Help your students feel more connected and in control of themselves … Learn the quick and doable “mindful moments” you can do during the day to help cement students’ long-term learning
- Strategies to Develop Students’ Capacity to Pay Attention
Ideas to improve your students’ ability to pay attention and then apply those skills daily to your instruction and their schoolwork
- Incorporate Mindfulness Activities to Better Focus Students’ Attention, Regulate Emotions and Reduce Stress
Learn practical ways to incorporate mindfulness activities into your classroom and behavior interventions to help students better focus their attention, regulate their emotions, and reduce personal stress as they navigate this year’s changing learning environments
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook Filled with Mindfulness Strategies and Tools
Each participant will receive the informative digital resource handbook, Strengthen Students’ MINDFULNESS: Increase Your Students’ Self-Control While Reducing Anxiety and Challenging Behaviors, filled with strategies, ideas, and tools you can use the very next day
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Learn the key benefits of practicing MINDFULNESS and how it can make a significant difference in all your students’ success in school
- Practical mindfulness strategies to decrease student anxiety and challenging behaviors
- Ideas to teach students how to pay attention and maintain on-task behavior
- Discover healthy ways to reduce anxiety and stress in difficult situations
- Teach the skill of responding rather than reacting
- Combine mindfulness with physical movements to help students monitor their own physical and mental states
- Incorporate mindfulness interventions into IEPs or behavior plans to address anxiety that can counter automatic negative thought patterns
- How mindfulness will help students feel more connected to themselves, their surroundings, and their peers
- Strategies that teach students to be aware of and responsible for their own emotions and behavior
- Improve students’ executive function skills to override emotional reactivity
- Realistic and doable ways to incorporate daily mindful moments and practice focused awareness
- Practical and doable ways to create a safe and trusting classroom environment
- Be more familiar with and ready to teach students the key parts of the brain involved in thinking and learning
- Retention-building strategies you can use immediately
- How mindfulness practices can create more positive emotional states that increase learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
When you ask someone to name a person who has had a lasting impact on their life, it is often a teacher whom they felt respected them and took an interest in helping them see their potential. This is a powerful opportunity we, as educators, have to make a meaningful and lasting impact on young lives. But students are changing. Coming to school less prepared, more anxious, and less able to focus. Students appear unmotivated and unable to see the value of school in their own lives. All of these can cause difficult behaviors that make teaching less rewarding and more challenging for us. A practical and real solution to some of these critical issues is to incorporate mindfulness practices into our daily routines to help students become aware of their emotions and begin to increase self-control, attention and emotional regulation that will help them be more successful students. This seminar is all about how to do just that!
This strategy-packed day will cover dozens of ideas and activities you can use to teach mindfulness in ways that will make a significant difference for your students. These strategies will help students strengthen the connectivity between areas of the brain that support attention and concentration, thus weakening the amygdala’s capacity to hijack the thinking parts of the brain when in an anxious or stressed state. With this awareness, it is easy to see how mindfulness and self-regulation can translate into improved learning. This is true for all students, but especially the most vulnerable ones.
For our students who have difficulty dealing with negative emotions, fear and anger can hit them unexpectedly. Without a plan for dealing with these feelings, they can be thrown off and may react negatively. Teaching them how their brain works and how to put mindfulness practices into action will help them make better decisions at school, and in social situations. In addition, students can learn to regain access to their executive functions even when in a stressed or anxious state.
I hope you will join me and your colleagues for an action-packed, motivating day that will equip you with strategies and the inspiration to make mindfulness a part of your everyday teaching in order to increase your students’ school success.
P.S. The focus of this seminar will be on key, practical strategies to decrease student anxiety and challenging behaviors using mindfulness practices.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-12 Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use activities for helping students build self-control and better behavior
- Practical strategies for helping students reduce their anxiety and negative emotions
- Teacher-tested mindfulness interventions for increased school success
- Practical tools and strategies for helping your students be more calm, focused, and productive
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening students’ mindfulness.
Susan Jones will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.