Improving the Emotional Well-Being of Your Students to Reduce Challenging Behaviors and Increase Learning (Grades K-6)
Presented by Susan Jones
Specifically Designed for Grades K-6 Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
- Practical strategies for improving your students' emotional well-being
- Help your students better manage frustration and reduce impulsive behaviors
- Ideas and techniques for improving your students' attention and helping them better regulate emotions
- Significantly decrease disruptive behaviors associated with lack of emotional wellness
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Imagine your students with improved self-control and less feelings of anxiety as they approach school. Imagine them better equipped to handle the turbulence associated with life’s challenges and the changing learning environments they have experienced over the last year. Join outstanding and motivating national speaker, Susan Jones, in this NEW, full-day, idea-packed seminar that focuses on practical and doable strategies to increase your students’ emotional well-being to help them find greater success.
Many challenging and disruptive behaviors are caused by lack of awareness and understanding of how the brain works. With practices focused on emotional well-being, they will be better equipped to self-regulate, recognize, and handle the emotions that cause the behaviors that get them in trouble in class and in social situations. In addition, these teacher-tested practices will enhance your students’ ability to focus during instruction, which can result in higher achievement. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to gain new, innovative ways to reduce challenging behaviors that get in the way of your teaching and students’ learning.
You will leave with numerous strategies to improve the well-being of all your students and be equipped to help them be more aware of the emotions, reactions and frustrations that impact their ability to focus and learn.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Discover the Key Benefits of Strengthening Your Students’ Emotional Well-Being
Learn key strategies that will make a significant difference for the emotional well-being of your students and increase their academic and social success
- Strategies to Reduce Your Students’ Anxiety and Anger
Learn emotional well-being practices that will help your students increase self-reflection and self-calming skills in challenging situations … Decrease their anxiety and eliminate the habit of responding with anger
- Decrease Disruptive Behaviors That Can be Caused by a Lack of Emotional Well-Being
Address disruptive student behavior caused by negative emotions that surface when students feel threatened … Ideas you can use immediately to boost the well-being of your students
- Help Students Respond Rather Than Impulsively React
Many challenging behaviors we see in school are caused by students’ immediate negative reactions … Learn how to teach replacement strategies to respond in more productive ways that are not combative and defensive and keep them out of trouble
- Help Your Students Let Go of Negative Self-Talk
Many students cannot get past negative self-talk as well as negative attitudes about seemingly everything … How to quickly help them get out of this rut and counter negative thought patterns
- Decrease the Volume of Peer Conflict and Behavior Referrals
Student to student conflict on the playground and in the cafeteria always seems to find a way back to the classroom to disrupt learning … Find out how to reduce this from happening by empowering your students’ emotional well-being
- Strategies to Strengthen Your Students’ Capacity to Pay Attention
Tired of teaching it over again because your students were not paying attention? Explore the most effective ways to improve your students’ ability to pay attention and increase learning retention
- Help Your Students Take Greater Responsibility for Their Own Behavior
Easy-to-implement steps that hand over ownership of behavior to your students … How to help them learn more self-control and self-management so you have more time to teach
- How to Get Your Students to an Emotional State More Conducive to Learning
Retention of learning is significantly increased when students are feeling emotionally well … Learn how to help them achieve this productive emotional state more quickly and easily in your classroom
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook Filled with Innovative Emotional Well-Being Strategies and Tools
Each participant will receive an informative resource handbook, filled with strategies, ideas, and tools you can use immediately
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Learn the key benefits of implementing emotional well-being and how it can make a significant difference for all your students
- Practical emotional well-being strategies to decrease students’ anxiety and decrease challenging behaviors
- Ideas to teach students how to pay more attention and maintain on-task behavior
- Emotional well-being strategies you can use immediately to combine emotional well-being strategies with physical movements
- Discover healthier ways to help your students reduce anxiety and stress when facing challenging situations
- Practical ways to teach the skill of responding rather than reacting
- Ways to help students monitor their own physical and mental states
- Incorporate emotional well-being interventions into IEPs or behavior plans to address anxiety that can counter automatic negative thought patterns
- How emotional well-being will help students feel more connected to themselves, their surroundings, and their peers
- Strategies that teach students to be more aware of and responsible for their own emotions and behavior
- Improve students’ executive function skills to override emotional reactivity
- Realistic and doable ways to incorporate daily emotional well-being filled moments and practice focused awareness
- Practical and doable ways to create a more safe and trusting classroom
- Be ready to teach students what they need to know to feel emotionally well
- Retention-building strategies you can use immediately in-person and with distance learning
- How emotional well-being practices can create more positive emotional states that increase learning outcomes for all your students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
When you ask someone to name a person who has had a lasting impact on their life, it is often a teacher whom they felt respected them and took an interest in helping them see their true potential. This is a powerful opportunity we, as educators, have to make a meaningful and lasting impact on young lives. But our students are changing. They seem to be coming to school less prepared, more anxious, and less able to focus. Students appear unmotivated and unable to see the value of school in their own lives. All of these can cause difficult behaviors that make teaching less rewarding and much more challenging for us. A practical and real solution to some of these critical issues is to incorporate practices focused on emotional well-being into our daily routines to help students become more aware of their emotions and begin to increase self-control, attention and emotional regulation that will help them be more successful students. This seminar is all about how to do just that!
This strategy-packed day will cover dozens of ideas and activities you can use to teach emotional well-being in ways that will make a significant difference for your students. These strategies will help students strengthen the connectivity between areas of the brain that support attention and concentration, thus weakening their ability to retain new learning. With this awareness, it is easy to see how focusing on emotional well-being and self-regulation can translate into improved learning. This is true for all students, but especially the most vulnerable ones.
For our students who have difficulty dealing with negative emotions, fear and anger can hit them unexpectedly. Without a plan for dealing with these feelings, they can be thrown off and may react negatively. Teaching them how their brain works and how to put practices focusing on emotional well-being into action will help them make better decisions at school online, and in social situations. In addition, students can learn to regain access to their executive functions even when in a stressed or anxious state.
I hope you will join me and your colleagues for an action-packed, motivating day that will equip you with strategies and the inspiration to make implementation of emotional well-being strategies a part of your everyday teaching to increase your students’ school success!
P.S. The focus of this seminar will be on practical strategies, ideas, and tools you can use immediately to improve your students’ emotional well-being and increase their success at school!
Who Should Attend
Grades K-6 Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use activities for helping students build self-control and better behavior
- Practical strategies for helping students reduce their anxiety and negative emotions
- Teacher-tested emotional well-being interventions for increased school success
- Practical tools and strategies for helping your students be more calm, focused, and productive
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in improving the emotional well-being of their K-6 students.
Susan Jones will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.