Help Your Struggling Students
Designed for Classroom Teachers in English/Language Arts, Proficiency Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Title I Staff, Supervisors and Administrators
- Motivate struggling students to become more successful readers and writers
- Creative, hands-on lessons and activities to accelerate the progress of struggling students
- Dozens of ways to increase the skills and confidence of your struggling readers and writers
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with practical strategies designed for struggling students
in grades 6-12
Practical Ideas and Strategies
We know that effective reading and writing skills are fundamental for college and career success. However, we also know that many of our students struggle with motivation as well as the acquisition and application of the necessary literacy skills. How can we best motivate struggling students to embrace the communication skills necessary for school, community, and lifelong success?
During this fast paced, one day seminar, Rebecca Jane Gault will share an array of practical techniques she has found to be most successful in motivating students to engage with text and become much more effective readers and writers. This seminar focus will be on ready-to-use lessons, strategies and materials for use with struggling students. You will leave with specific “how-to” steps and a wealth of exciting and creative ideas.
This highly practical, idea-packed seminar has been developed specifically for all teachers serving regular and special education students in grades 6-12.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Re-Energize Students Using Total-Student Response Strategies Designed Particularly for Struggling Students
Learn proven ways to involve struggling students in learning-focused conversations, reading text and writing for a variety of purposes
- Learn Innovative Ways to Group Students with Multiple Learning Needs in Order to Maximize Student Achievement
Acquire ready-to-use techniques and proven strategies to support and work with students who have a variety of learning needs
- Equip Your Struggling Students with Highly Engaging Reading Strategies for Accessing the Most Important Information in Literature and Informational Text
Help your students to “read like a detective” in order to access the most important information in text … Learn engaging ways to help your struggling students infer, analyze and critique ideas in text at appropriate levels of complexity for their instructional level
- Learn a Variety of Web 2.0 Tools to Engage Struggling Students in Their Learning
Acquire a wealth of knowledge for using Web 2.0 tools for implementing a Universal Design for Learning approach … Allow all students access to fun and engaging ways to use technology to differentiate in your classroom
- Help Struggling Students Embrace “Close Analytic Reading” and Tackle the Most Challenging Text
Learn multiple techniques for helping your struggling students select the most relevant, significant text in order to write insightful responses about what they have read
- Guide Struggling Students in Highly Creative Ways When Writing for a Variety of Purposes
Provide students with a multitude of ideas for writing narrative, informative and argumentative text … Give your students creative ways to express themselves while still using the writing process
- Incorporate Creative Discussion Techniques into Everyday Instruction
Acquire engaging ways to give struggling students opportunities to collaborate productively in order to articulate their ideas to achieve a given purpose
- Enable Your Struggling Students to Become Self-reflective Readers and Writers
Give students ways to set goals for learning, make effective learning choices, and engage in meaningful self-reflection
- Achieve Greater Success with Your Most Struggling Students in Grades 6-12
Hold your struggling students to the highest standards while making literacy fun and engaging … Develop the habits of the most successful and effective teachers
- Receive an Extensive “How to” Handbook Your comprehensive handbook will lead you through an exciting, fast-paced day providing a multitude of beyond-the-seminar resources to revitalize reading and writing for you and your students … You’ll be able to use the reproducibles for instant application the very next day
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to help your struggling students gain motivation to be better readers and writers
- Tons of tips for creating a fun, engaging classroom environment
- Innovative strategies for helping struggling students engage with complex text
- Tips for using read-aloud strategies that build motivation and comprehension
- A multitude of ideas for fostering narrative, argumentative and informative writing
- A variety of ways to incorporate bookmarking strategies to help struggling students identify the most significant text
- Tons of ideas for incorporating grammar and punctuation into writer’s craft
- Many ways for incorporating technology and Web 2.0 tools to motivate struggling readers and writers
- Discussion techniques for fostering listening and speaking skills in the most struggling students
- Creative academic games for supporting reading, writing and literacy
- Performance-based assessments that you can use immediately with struggling students in order to measure growth
- Guidelines for creating literacy portfolios as an alternative assessment for struggling students
- A variety of ways to encourage struggling students to reflect on their strengths and weaknesses as readers, writers and thinkers
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Being a school teacher is a rewarding adventure, especially when you have the creative tools needed to bring your classroom to life and motivate your struggling students. In response to the demand for ways to reconnect our most challenging students with a love of literacy, I have designed this seminar to share with you innovative and practical strategies that will help you meet the needs of the most struggling students that you encounter in your classroom every day.
How often have you had struggling readers who don’t have the necessary skills and strategies for comprehending what they read and responding in a meaningful way? This seminar will provide you with a multitude of ways to help students who have such deficits. In addition, you will gain a wealth of ideas for motivating your struggling students to want to learn and grow as readers and writers.
My seminar will give you practical and creative ideas for connecting with your students on a daily basis with strategies that build their literacy. This seminar will show you ways to help your students be more independent, self-reflective and engaged readers and writers. While this seminar is grounded in theory and research, the emphasis will be on practical techniques and strategies for meeting the needs of your most struggling students. I’ll be sharing useful, engaging ideas and classroom-proven techniques that you can implement immediately in your own program.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and exploring with you many practical ways for strengthening your current program and designing literacy instruction that will motivate your most challenging students! Trust me, you will get so many great ideas at this seminar!
P.S. You will leave with dozens of practical ideas and an extensive resource handbook to help motivate all of students.
Who Should Attend
Educators serving grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Specialists, Administrators and Supervisors.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Ready-to-use strategies for your most struggling students
- Ways to help ALL students
- Dozens of ideas to help your students become highly literate individuals
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in gathering practical ideas and strategies for helping motivate their struggling students.
Rebecca Gault will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the specific needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.