Enhancing SPANISH LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION: New, Innovative Activities to Strengthen Your Students' Proficiency in Spanish (Grades 6-12)
Presented by Daryl Boeckers
Specifically Designed for Spanish Teachers Serving Grades 6-12
- Practical activities and strategies to accelerate your students’ communicative proficiency in Spanish
- Motivating ways to maximize comprehensible input and achieve 90%+ use of Spanish during your class time
- Best use ideas for Google Classroom, Google Tools and online resources to enhance Spanish language instruction
- Differentiated language teaching techniques to better address the varying levels of proficiency in each Spanish class
Practical Ideas and Strategies
This seminar is designed specifically to provide Spanish teachers with dozens of easy-to-implement activities and strategies to enhance students’ communicative proficiency in Spanish. Experienced Spanish teacher and outstanding presenter, Daryl Boeckers has created an idea-packed seminar that will show you proven strategies to increase comprehensible input in ways that allow your students to experience the Spanish language in active, energetic and meaningful ways. You’ll learn practical techniques to differentiate language instruction to better meet the diverse levels of language proficiency in your Spanish classes as well the best-use applications of Google Suite, cutting?edge technology and online resources to strengthen Spanish language instruction.
You’ll leave this unique seminar with dozens of innovative teaching strategies in addition to a comprehensive Spanish language teaching resource handbook to help you begin to immediately implement these ideas in your Spanish classes.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize Comprehensible Input: Increase Your Students’ Communicative Proficiency in Spanish
Learn proven strategies to increase the amount of comprehensible input and increase your students’ proficiency in Spanish
- Challenge Yourself and Your Students with 90%+ in Spanish
Create a motivating and engaging classroom environment where 90%+ use of Spanish is the norm
- Learn from an Outstanding, Experienced Spanish Teacher
Daryl brings more than twenty years of teaching and learning experiences with middle grade and high school students … Learn proven techniques designed to meet today’s students and to motivate them to higher levels of language performance
- Increase Your Use of Proficiency-Oriented Activities in Every Spanish Class
Incorporate practical and purposeful communicative activities that focus your students on developing greater proficiency
- Differentiate Instruction to Better Address Varying Levels of Proficiency in Your Spanish Classes
Discover innovative ways to better differentiate language instruction and offer different paths for students to showcase language mastery
- Make Best Use of Google Classroom, Cutting-Edge Tech Tools and Online Resources to Enhance Your Spanish Instruction
Explore the best tech tools, apps and other online resources to more deeply engage your students in learning and using Spanish
- Explore New and Innovative Communicative Activities
Uncover engaging instructional activities that strengthen language learners’ interpretive, interpersonal and presentational modes of communication
- Design Authentic Spanish Language Learning Experiences
Design engaging learning opportunities using authentic resources for students to interpret and engage in meaningful tasks
- Incorporate Engaging Student-Centered Activities
Use and adapt activities that shift the instructor to the role of active participant using enjoyable, memorable activities in all levels of Spanish
- Receive a Comprehensive Spanish Language Teaching Resource Handbook and Access to Outstanding Online Resources
Your resource handbook has been specifically designed for this seminar … It contains a variety of Spanish language teaching strategies, activities and extensive resource lists of the best Spanish language teaching materials
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Ways to motivate students to converse more in Spanish through increasing the level of comprehensible input
- Proven ways to personalize Spanish learning in your classroom
- Timesaving tips for creating lessons that engage students in interpretive, interpersonal and presentational modes of communication in Spanish
- The best tech tools, apps and online resources for student access to authentic Spanish resources
- Dozens of low-prep, high-impact communicative activities that promote greater student use of Spanish from novice to advanced levels
- Easy ways to more quickly collect and act on student data in Spanish
- Scaffolded task ideas for students at all levels of Spanish language proficiency
- Best, authentic Spanish resources that promote thoughtful student discussions in Spanish of visual art, short stories and songs
- Practical tips to motivate students to use Spanish 90% of the time in your classroom
- Engaging interpersonal speaking activities and assessment ideas that focus on real-world applications
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Hola a todos:
What more could we possibly want for our Spanish students than proficiency? How do we motivate our students to achieve proficiency? The American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages’ (ACTFL) recommendation that instructors (and their students) maintain 90+% use of the target language often seems daunting to both first year teachers and veteran teachers alike.
I have designed this seminar to share with you very practical ways to increase the level of comprehensible input in all levels of your Spanish classes with the goal of increasing your students’ proficiency in Spanish. I will share with you the very best lessons, engaging activities, rubrics, tutorials, and more for contextualizing language learning in your secondary level Spanish classes. My focus throughout the day will be on sharing the most effective student-centered, authentic performance tasks where communication is imperative.
I will also share proven ways to differentiate language instruction to meet the differing levels of proficiency within each of your Spanish classes as well as the best tech tools and online resources for Spanish language instruction for grades 6-12. It is my goal that you leave this seminar feeling even more prepared to deliver outstanding instruction in your Spanish classes.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar.
P.S. This seminar is designed for both beginning and experienced Spanish teachers. It is my goal to share only those ideas I know from my own teaching experience really work in the classroom.
Who Should Attend
Spanish Teachers Serving Grades 6-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Share Ideas with Other Educators
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.